It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Funding This Government as a Citizenry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

“It is perplexing,” says the letter, that the U.S. government would perpetuate China’s domination of key technology “by actively supporting CCP-backed companies expanding their foothold in the U.S. market, especially in a crucial sector such as lithium-ion battery manufacturing.”

Here's the short of it:

Some politicians are taking notice of the absurdity of subsidizing a Chinese technology company, Gotion. The electric vehicle battery maker is linked to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and it recently inked a deal with the State of Illinois to build a $2 billion plant in Illinois.

Didn't we just find a major deposit of lithium i.e."white gold" in an extinct volcano here in the US??

WTF would we hand this over to the fkn Chinese when it's within the CONUS?? I'LL YELL YOU WHY:

DOUBLE OPERATIVE JOE FKN BIDEN

It wasn't enough to sell our SPR to the CCP, or fund a war no one cares about, noooo...now that we clearly have the advantage in minerals, HERE WE FLIPPN GO AGAIN selling out the entire country WITH OUR OWN MONEY TO FUND IT!!!!

Equally perplexing is the sheer size of the subsidies, regardless of the recipient. Gotion is qualified to receive $7.5 billion of federal tax credits over five years, as we wrote Wednesday. That’s in addition to $536 million of incentives awarded by the State of Illinois for the Illinois plant, which is expected to employ 2,600 workers. So, Gotion will be gifted over $8 billion for a factory that will cost only $2 billion.

Our country IS GONE.

We are being systematically looted and gutted by "elected leaders" and this has been the case for decades.

How in TF do 50 representatives in Congress represent $5 BILLION in income spread between them? What's their salary again? ~175,000 a year??? Wtf.

We are truly idiots to fund this while watching it happen! Hell, most times, they give us a heads up and do it anyway regardless. Have we lost our sway, the very last "check" of those checks and balances?? Seems like it.

They're going to build this plant and hire Bidens "dreamers" at a huge discount. Everyone involved aside from American families and workers will make out like a fat cat.

They hate us and want us dead. Look around, read the signs...Think about it.

Rant over.
www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 9/15/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Short answer: We have no choice in the matter.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Sure we do. Those choices are too much to handle for most. It's been my experience that if you fail to make a choice, a choice will be made for you.

We are currently experiencing the fallout of our collective romance with apathy.

edit on 9/15/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Sure we do. Those choices are too much to handle for most. It's been my experience that if you fail to make a choice, a choice will be made for you.

We are currently experiencing the fallout of our collective romance with apathy.

I agree. We are swimming in a sea of apathy.

The choice to make a change has to be collective, and MASSIVE in order for it to work.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You are spot on. I am upset as well. But the fact is that 98% of the citizens in the USA have no clue what you are writing about in your post. They are too busy checking out Instagram , tok tok and what not.

I am watching this post to see what kind of crazy talk the boomers or any other defenders of this crap come
up with. They defend everything else that’s anti USA. I want to see how they defend this.
Those guys at the alphabet agencies are working overtime in the propaganda department to keep most everyone in this country dumbed down.
Go Back to your social media posts and watching sports. You will be subjugated and like it !!!!!a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TacoLoco75

I am watching this post to see what kind of crazy talk the boomers or any other defenders of this crap come

I'm pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple of 'boomers' who still support the government status quo; now the ultra liberal left; that's probably as close to 100% as you can get.

Boomers are the most dissatisfied group in the country, IMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Kickbacks, half of that is going back into the pockets of the politicians who OK'd this expense.

This is how it works, the wise guys know this. Everyone makes a buck, but the insidious Chinese Communist Party germinates, grows, and spreads like an invasive weed growing stronger with every deal. They know that the capitalist pigs will play dirty for cash, it's all about the money with the U.S. capitalists.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Boomers are the most dissatisfied group in the country, IMO.

Saloon boomer here to vouche for your post as one who sees from way back.

Nov. 22 1963 to be precise. Is sixty years of hate for psychopaths enough to
qualify?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There was a huge lithium deposit found in my state a few years back.
We refused to let anyone mine it.

Lithium mines are gross.

The batteries are neat but running cars off of them is a bad joke.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Things have changed over the last 3 years, I'm sure you'll agree.

Lithium isn't my favorite side with a spud and a steak either. It's terrible for the environment. Yet, here we are, and frankly, it is what it is.

Why can't our tax dollars do it without the Chinese? 🤔

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Because the option of putting our lives on the to not has not reached a viable threshold of disdain for the government and it’s practices yet for the populace. Simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

It seems the OP is circling a refusing to pay federal taxes rant. If one were to approach the situation from the perspective of active versus non-compliance or if you prefer, attracting punishment versus avoiding it, living as tax free as possible makes the most sense if you don't want to be a martyr for the cause. This is what I've done by collecting MY social security at 62 and no longer have to pay federal taxes. By driving an efficient older ICE vehicle to avoid fuel taxes. By using as many deductions as possible when paying state taxes. All in all, being both proactive as well as compliant to beat the system.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ya know, If we all stopped paying taxes tomorrow it would change things a lot faster than voting and protesting could accomplish anything.

Just saying.

But please spare me the speech on why others are naturally entitled to the benefits of my labor simply because we breathe the same air. I don't often check responses anyways- refer to first line.
edit on 16-9-2023 by Duggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

“It is perplexing,” says the letter, that the U.S. government would perpetuate China’s domination of key technology “by actively supporting CCP-backed companies expanding their foothold in the U.S. market, especially in a crucial sector such as lithium-ion battery manufacturing.”

Here's the short of it:

Some politicians are taking notice of the absurdity of subsidizing a Chinese technology company, Gotion. The electric vehicle battery maker is linked to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and it recently inked a deal with the State of Illinois to build a $2 billion plant in Illinois.

Didn't we just find a major deposit of lithium i.e."white gold" in an extinct volcano here in the US??

WTF would we hand this over to the fkn Chinese when it's within the CONUS?? I'LL YELL YOU WHY:

It wasn't enough to sell our SPR to the CCP, or fund a war no one cares about, noooo...now that we clearly have the advantage in minerals, HERE WE FLIPPN GO AGAIN selling out the entire country WITH OUR OWN MONEY TO FUND IT!!!!

Equally perplexing is the sheer size of the subsidies, regardless of the recipient. Gotion is qualified to receive $7.5 billion of federal tax credits over five years, as we wrote Wednesday. That’s in addition to $536 million of incentives awarded by the State of Illinois for the Illinois plant, which is expected to employ 2,600 workers. So, Gotion will be gifted over $8 billion for a factory that will cost only $2 billion.

Our country IS GONE.

We are being systematically looted and gutted by "elected leaders" and this has been the case for decades.

How in TF do 50 representatives in Congress represent $5 BILLION in income spread between them? What's their salary again? ~175,000 a year??? Wtf.

We are truly idiots to fund this while watching it happen! Hell, most times, they give us a heads up and do it anyway regardless. Have we lost our sway, the very last "check" of those checks and balances?? Seems like it.

They're going to build this plant and hire Bidens "dreamers" at a huge discount. Everyone involved aside from American families and workers will make out like a fat cat.

Rant over.
www.zerohedge.com...
mining lithium is one of the most if not the most toxic process in mining and that is why we let China do it www.wired.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Here's the short of it:

Our country IS GONE.

Rant over.
www.zerohedge.com...
as of now the largest lithium mines on earth are in Western Australia and are co-operated with a Chinese company
the reason most all the lithium on earth goes to China is because building lithium batteries is hazardous and expensive so if the world wants cheap rechargeable batteries In everything we own then China is it because of lax environmental policies and cheap labor
to build iphone batteries here in America would cost 4 times the amount because of wages and environmental procedures
if you want our electronic batteries devices to cost 150-200 follars $ more then champion for home built lithium batteries
i do believe you are missing much of the overall picture

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

what choices are too hard to handle ?
what is your solution then ?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacoLoco75
You are spot on. I am upset as well. But the fact is that 98% of the citizens in the USA have no clue what you are writing about in your post. They are too busy checking out Instagram , tok tok and what not.

up with. They defend everything else that’s anti USA. I want to see how they defend this.
Those guys at the alphabet agencies are working overtime in the propaganda department to keep most everyone in this country dumbed down.
Go Back to your social media posts and watching sports. You will be subjugated and like it !!!!!a reply to: EternalShadow

i agree that since the internet and smart devices people are lost in la la land but all people are also more informed of goings on than pre-internet social media days
from the 1900s until the 1990s the vast majority of Americans got their news from papers and local news

people prior to the internet were way more easily controlled by media than the digital era
I don’t agree with your assumption that people are brainwashed today but rather over supplied with information and that creates its own set of problems like disbelief in everything
you aren’t on tiktok or instagram but you are on a social media website ( ATS ) trying to push your ideas on others which is helping no one but yourself feel better
so how are you any different than a 19 yr old girl posting 35 selfies a day on tiktok ?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duggz
Ya know, If we all stopped paying taxes tomorrow it would change things a lot faster than voting and protesting could accomplish anything.

Just saying.

But please spare me the speech on why others are naturally entitled to the benefits of my labor simply because we breathe the same air. I don't often check responses anyways- refer to first line.
im happy to give my tax money away to the poor or lazy because they spend it all here in America and because im invested in the market i get good returns on all those welfare spenders
your concept of how social programs work for our economy is lacking some information and metrics

If you work your butt off to own and operate a pizza shop and pay a lot of taxes which some of which gets distributed to non-working bums in welfare checks also comes back to you because those lazy people buy your pizzas and that is how it works plus you have write offs
if you are invested in walmart , amazon , apple , microsoft and various streaming companies you are getting a great return on your tax dollars that go to the welfare people
welfare people shop walmart , amazon , buy smart phones and subscribe to streaming services
you need to become more informed of how money actually works here in America
if America stopped it’s welfare programs tomorrow
our stock market would take a huge tumble
so quit complaining and invest your money
edit on 16-9-2023 by RedKingBlueQueen because: spelled wrong stuff

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
China is having bad times. they need money!
And biden needs his 10%.

Just a thought, all the ghost citys China buil't.
could it have been to put all the USA people
in when agenda 21 should have started?

Chine is very good at helping people
who are unhappy with the goverment.

edit on 16-9-2023 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I can tell you one reason. The alternative scares the living sh*t out of me. I've seen how terrible people can be towards one another when the sh*t hits the fan. They will do whatever must be done for their family to survive.. it would not be pretty at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join