It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready for War with China?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

We weren't struggling with Trump in office and if he were still there? China wouldn't be so bold. So hell yes I'll take every shot I can at that little girl sniffing traitor in the White House I can. Any way I can. They can fly baloons traffic fentanyl across the border and even produce and introduce a bio weapon. With absolutely no backlash at all with sleepy Joe in there.

Gain of function got restarted under the Trump admin, if you truly believe it was a bio weapon from that lab.

Trump did operation warp speed.

Trumps admin saw record spending, record money printing, record bailouts.

But sure, we had the best economy under him, nothing now is his fault. And we’ll treat politics as hot potato, last one to touch it.

My sarcasm aside, Biden is an ass president. But no one has given me compelling evidence he’s a Chinese asset. Because oddly enough every once in a while these threads come up and people will act like he’s a Warhawk against China? Wut?

He also saw through the chips act which was quite a blow in the tech age. Again, he’s not a good president, but the right is pulling this same hyperbole by speaking in such absolutes and hubris with their theories he’s in with China just like the left did with trump and Russia.

Plenty of policy things we can pick apart Biden with. No need to speak in a matter of fact about theories that don’t even make much logical sense with no evidence.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well good thing Mexico became America's number one trade partner and dethroned china, just a few weeks ago... too bad no one noticed the NAFTA shift because they were too worried about Hunter Bidens mental breakdown and Donald trumps mug shot.

Mexico might do okay in raw exports, resources, etc., but as for manufactured consumer goods?

Mexico doesn't touch China on that segment's output and quality, pretty much never has, and certainly from the 90s on hasn't.

Peter Zeihan would beg to differ.

Also, they’ve (Mexico) been doing a lot of car parts for decades alone with a lot of other things that get assembled here with made in the USA slapped on it since it get put together state side.

China is starting to outsource their manufacturing to SE Asia and Africa since they can’t afford to pay their middle class and undercut competition. They also don’t have much intellectual property, a lot of the high level manufacturing was managed by foreign investors. A lot of the high level equipment again, foreign. They can do low and mid tier on their own, they struggle with advanced. That’s why Taiwan is so prized.

There is no way Mexico could replace the numbers and quality products that we would lose in a war with China, hell CS it would take years for the US to get the volume, and even then the quality would be lacking and the cost saved in proximity would be lost in corruption and graft.

importedconsumerproducts.com...

Check the consumer products listed and be honest about which ones you would use if they were manufactured in Mexico.

They don't have the manufacturing base nor the skilled labor, and FWIW Mexico is dangerous as hell in a lot of places that usually deters the large financial investments needed.

As for China outsourcing, it's just a fraction and again in lots of areas it's substandard

edit on 12-9-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Biden sure sabotaged the everloving SHYTE out of us, and I just can’t chalk it all up to coincidence. Sorry, it seems too perfectly laid out, paid off, and planned by the biggest traitor in the history of the US (or at least tied with Clinton’s sexual abuse and harassment cases, Clinton’s endless list of untried personal murders, Podesta’s lying between branches of government and regular reveling in all things child-related, activities which he expresses in his famous art collection rather than bragging about his deeds- these deeds are summed up in countless paintings with cuffed and/or hogtied naked children whose private parts are bruised and misused, the aftermath of using a wet room, a table sculpted from the decapitated body of a Dahmer victim, and so on. You have the aforementioned characters’ obsession with Satanic Black Magic as well as Luciferian doctrine, both theist and atheist, Pelosi and an ungodly net worth after making just $145,000.00, the IMpersonal but never-before-seen mass murders of Bush and Cheney where they wiped two million people from just ONE country and after attempting to pull off some persuasive propaganda which in the end, turned out to have been created to target the wrong country but the American public allowed it to run its course anyway, the other Bush and his worldwide drug kingpin position…

Anyway back to Biden…

He just so happened to support a war like we never even dreamed of leading and financing Warcraft and coincidentally in the exact same nation which was laundering money for the Biden crime family. Now, he is sending billions that way and with zero oversight, although we know that it has cost us in the neighbourhood of $25,000 to $30,000 per bullet. This continued until the US was officially out of ammo. Zilch.

We went back on the promise to protect education and opportunity for men AND women in Afghanistan and let the women become prisoners again overnight with no choice to be anything or show their faces. We left that regime the guaranteed control of those people for another 50 years after killing some of our own then leaving the nation stocked with helicopters, nightvision, guns, etc…now the third most prepared army on earth from not even being ranked before.

The Maui fires, the china sea, I’m sick of thinking of all of it. Someone else needs to take over then, I pray, do what is right in response!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

a reply to: nugget1

Why would they? I'm pretty sure they're just fine being neighbors to the most powerful empire of all time.

You're probably right in consideration of Biden's meeting with Trudeau and Obrador. I wonder what they really cooked up.

Bringing production back to the America's?

Sure....if you say so. They have all three shown to have the best interests of citizens at heart, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Quality isn’t much of an issue.

When you think of quality, you’re thinking iPhones or computers… those are manufactured under the supervision of Americans, the equipment is patented by American IP and the chips have to use a machine from the Netherlands. We can just as easily set up shop elsewhere. As for cost, it being right next door mitigates transportation costs and offsets our border problems by bettering their situation at home.

But you’re right on volume, and that’s where India steps in, the most populace country in the world with more English speakers than any other country. While they’re a developing nation, their sheer numbers make up for it. They also produce a lot of top performing physicians and scientists, so it’s not like they’re completely third world.

I’m not saying there will be no growing pains, but this is doable and in our interest. This is something most of the country has agreed has needed to happen for some time. So I say we rip the bandaid off and get it done.

Look at the completely Chinese branded #e on Alibaba and Amazon, I can live without it. Anything good or decent that comes from there has our brands and our management overseeing it.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
What exactly do you think a President could do? I fail to see what point you were even trying to make, other than insulting Biden. Congress is who allocates funding.
Regardless of what crazy/senile/narcissist puppet is sitting in the big chair, these conflicts are mostly about commodities and money, and that's something the USA has none of, and owes a lot of, and not just to China. If it doesn't go down now, it still will eventually. When a nation like USA is bankrupt, it tries to corner markets to get monopolies as leverage to keep getting what it wants/ needs. It's a giant vine that kills all the other plants. This is not sustainable, and USA is not gonna work itself out of this predicament, and not gonna pay off any debts. There's literally about to be ANOTHER government shutdown as we speak, to RAISE THE LIMIT OF ACCEPTABLE DEBT. Remember, that's all the "debt ceiling" is.
Eventually, they WILL come to collect, and they do already have other reasons to.

I agree. I have been saying this for years. It looks like our time is running out

To the victor goes the spoils.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I cannot help but think of The Redneck saying “Watch Romania and stay out of Minnesota.”

Trying to figure out why the Redneck kept repeating that phrase all I could come up with is 'According to 2017 statistics, Minneapolis and St. Paul, also known as the Twin Cities in Minnesota, have a population of around 182,000 Muslims.'

Hmmm.....

It only took 26 to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

What I couldn't understand is why The Redneck wouldn't elaborate anymore. I never thought Redneck was a bs'er from anything I've read before, but what do I really know.

Where my crazy thinking went was something kicks off WW3 with NATO in Romania and then something monumental, like boom, happens in Minnesota, our Gulf of Tonkin event. Something here to stir emotions and get us back into the post 9/11 frenzy of enemy behind every bush.

My take on it was sleeper cells preparing without putting a trail on the internet for valid reasons which we can all imagine and understand.

In my younger days I wouldn't post 9/10 of the stuff I do now; old age does have it's advantages.

The worst that can happen to me now is they take my BD away.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The Biden admin made it clear that China was not reliable anymore, and that NA needed to strengthen Atlantic trade again, here in Canada mining is booming and VW is investing huge amounts into battery production for example.

Manufacturing of everyday consumer goods like dishwashers, fridges etc is also returning to Europe and the America's.

Things are shifting, and it's why China has been bullish on the belt and road initiative towards Europe and Africa, they know the pacific passages days are numbered.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

To the west, and it's corporate overlords, China has entered a dangerous period, they have a middle class. And a rapidly growing one, that's not good for profits in the foreseeable future.
You may as well enrich your middle class than someone else's at that point, which just brings the conundrum, is the global middle class about to become, the working class? Great reset vibes...

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yea, and that real estate crisis isn’t going to help either.

The west has our problems, I just aired out a lot of my frustration about our economy. We prop it up to a degree which we eventually pay for. And one day it may be too much to pay for if we continue on our course.

But many don’t understand how bad a real estate crisis is for China. Most citizens can only invest in property, and I believe it’s limited to two estates total. Since that’s the only asset they can trade, it created a frenzy, one where most weren’t even trading on existing houses or flats, but ones in construction or worse planned to be constructed. Welp, a lot of it isn’t working out and half built towers are being brought down.

Everyone acts like the west is the most authoritarian governments in the world, yet I can trade crypto, stocks, options, futures, ETFs, commodities, bonds (of all types), foreign assets, unlimited properties domestic and abroad, and a lot of this I can do instantly and from a phone if I trusted it.

There’s a real chance we enter a depression, but I’ll be well diversified and likely be able to lick my wounds after. They’ll have their government to look to, and we’ve all seen how that’s worked out. While I dislike their government, the people there don’t deserve what their current condition is and the one that is likely to follow. Unfortunately they’ll only have their government to blame.
edit on 12-9-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Property in China is very culturally driven, the red guard revolution was pretty much a revolution agaisnt landlords in the end because owning property was a big deal before communist China, hence why redistribution of property was sold to the public so easily thorugh communist propoganda.

They have been edging with a massive real estate bubble for a while now, the thing is, the CCP technically owns all land in China, they couldn't care less about someone losing their family fortune because they own that fortune pretty much... bubbles that happen within western societies don't happen in China, but the issue is, and we have learned from history, a centralized government like the CCP is the biggest bubble you can ever encounter.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

And now they’re losing a lot of their customers abroad. As if things weren’t bad enough with their highest retirement population and lowest entering working generation. Now they have the real estate crisis and western nations weening off of Chinese goods.

Of course, it will take a while for the west to transition. I just don’t see the Chinese government severing those ties early. Who is going to replace the western appetite and money? Russia, NK, Iran and Africa? I just don’t see it.

We have a handful of states with a higher GDP of all of those places. That doesn’t even bring into account the rest of the west even if they don’t completely follow suit.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
BS

War will happen when w kick our addiction to cheap labor and products.
China is reliant on suckers.
We are a country of cheapskates…..and suckers.
We finance the Chinese war machine, they’ll have a to find a poorer country, like Russia to finance and take over. Like they are doing now.
If you are Russian, I would advise classes in Chinese, you are owned.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Quality isn’t much of an issue.

When you think of quality, you’re thinking iPhones or computers… those are manufactured under the supervision of Americans, the equipment is patented by American IP and the chips have to use a machine from the Netherlands. We can just as easily set up shop elsewhere. As for cost, it being right next door mitigates transportation costs and offsets our border problems by bettering their situation at home.

But you’re right on volume, and that’s where India steps in, the most populace country in the world with more English speakers than any other country. While they’re a developing nation, their sheer numbers make up for it. They also produce a lot of top performing physicians and scientists, so it’s not like they’re completely third world.

I’m not saying there will be no growing pains, but this is doable and in our interest. This is something most of the country has agreed has needed to happen for some time. So I say we rip the bandaid off and get it done.

Look at the completely Chinese branded #e on Alibaba and Amazon, I can live without it. Anything good or decent that comes from there has our brands and our management overseeing it.

I thought we were talking about all of this occurring while we are preparing for war or in a hot war. It will take over a decade or more because it took China longer than that to get tin the position it is in.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh, if it was in that context I think you’d be right. We’d have a lot more of a struggle.

That said, I don’t think we see a hot war with China. They can’t afford it anymore than we can.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Plenty of policy things we can pick apart Biden with. No need to speak in a matter of fact about theories that don’t even make much logical sense with no evidence.

I'll concede the point you're making while calling attention to one big difference
that I can't ignore.

but the right is pulling this same hyperbole by speaking in such absolutes and hubris with their theories he’s in with China just like the left did with trump and Russia.

Trump and Russia was made up BS from Hillary backed up with lies about
evidence from gross people like Adam Schiff. The accusations were beyond
hyperbole, they were absurd. And further more served the left a purpose
by sandbagging a duly elected Presidents entire term.

If Biden isn't a CCP foriegn agent? Well hell he might as well be. So I can
claim good reason at the very least.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Biden admin made it clear that China was not reliable anymore, and that NA needed to strengthen Atlantic trade again, here in Canada mining is booming and VW is investing huge amounts into battery production for example.

Manufacturing of everyday consumer goods like dishwashers, fridges etc is also returning to Europe and the America's.

Things are shifting, and it's why China has been bullish on the belt and road initiative towards Europe and Africa, they know the pacific passages days are numbered.

Oh, you actually listen to Biden... make no mistake our loss of manufacturing to China probably changed my personal arc, back in the 80s so I'm no fan of our dependence on China for anything

We will see all I know is it took decades for China to become this consumer goods giant and we can't flip a switch and convert elsewhere in a year or 2.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I believe we've been at war with China for a spell. There are different kinds of warfare now. Not only bullets and missiles flying. And enemies domestic.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The accusations were beyond hyperbole, they were absurd. And further more served the left a purpose by sandbagging a duly elected Presidents entire term. If Biden isn't a CCP foriegn agent? Well hell he might as well be. So I can claim good reason at the very least.

I see your point. Biden is weak, he was a horrible choice at a time where we needed strong leadership. So he isn’t necessarily making America strong, which isn’t good in the context of our positioning with China.

But I think it is hyperbolic to say he’s in bed with China implicitly. There’s not nearly enough evidence to just casually repeat it as fact like many do. Many of those same people will ignore the factual parts of Trumps economic policies or the fact he has businesses in China, an active bank account in China, and has much of his merch made there. I’m not implying trump is a Chinese agent, just highlighting the irony.

I typically only speak of things that are verifiable about policy with politicians. That’s so easy, I don’t need to reach towards conspiracy theories. Their political tenure is egregious enough, no need to flirt with maybes. The facts are there for all of them. They all suck.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

They all suck.

Oh I agree. That's why what might as well be all of DC, freaked out about
DT getting elected. That's why they have to make up charges to interfere
with him being elected again. They wouldn't be doing any of the silly kid
crap they've done to the guy if they didn't suck. But they have to do
something because they absolutely know he could win. And if he gets in
again then they have something to fear for a change. And they don't like
that by any means. Maybe you think they'll stop short of murder? I don't.

Not to mention the only difference between "Conspiracy theory" and
the truth, is usually around six months.

The term itself is so passe' it no longer can be taken seriously. It's lost
it's purpose of dispelling embarrassing questions that call attention to
the obvious. It's becoming laughable to even use it in todays political
environment of constant lies and fakery.

The only war we need to worry about isn't with China or any other country.
Like any war some see it coming, some can't see it, the rest refuse to see
it.
So any way you and I discussing such topic, when we come from what may
be described as completely different planets? Never productive yet serves
the simple purpose of sharing our different views. I like that we've both
been stern as well as respectful.

So fist bump

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join