It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company gives FBI gun safe combo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well I won't be buying any product from this company It out right gave the FBI a customers combo to their gun safe without a warrant just handed it over , Is that even legal ?

"Popular gun safe company Liberty Safe is facing intense backlash after providing the Federal Bureau of Investigation with the password to a customer's safe at the law enforcement agency's request, and conservative influencers are now calling for boycotting the brand."

Americans have absolutely no privacy anymore whats next Banks giving up your pin codes passwords car companies giving keys to your car ?

link

"Liberty Safe admitted in a statement Tuesday that it gave the FBI the access code to the safe of an individual for whom the FBI had a warrant to search their property after receiving the agency's request on Aug. 30."
edit on 8-9-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Not condoning what the company did and they should be boycotted over it.
But I put it on the crooked FBI more so than the company, I would bet they threatened the company for the info.

That’s how they roll anymore, where are the “good” agents for the FBI to say “Hey enough of this unconstitutional bullsh!t”?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Every last bastion of privacy ended when the Utah Data Center began 'officially' collecting information in 2013. Of course, it was touted as a security system for the safety of America, and those of us who had reservations about its invasion of privacy were called conspiracy nuts.

The data center has been caught on more than one illegally spying on and collecting information. When you think how far we've come with all things internet, realize that the MIC is years ahead of what we know about. There's not much about ones' life that can't be found in their data base.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think people are forgetting how easy it is to change the combo on your gun safe.....smh

And in no way is this me condoning what Liberty Safes did, but still, little bit of a knee jerk reaction if you ask me.
edit on 8-9-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I'm wondering was this master code only for this one safe or does the FBI now have the Master Code to all Liberty safes of that model .

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
I think people are forgetting how easy it is to change the combo on your gun safe.....smh

I think it was a master code unable to be changed

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

And in no way is this me condoning what Liberty Safes did, but still, little bit of a knee jerk reaction if you ask me.

Most modern safes have a built in "Master Code" that can be used no matter what, regardless if the regular combination is changed. Generally it's a failsafe (pun intended) if you lose or forget your combination; or, as evidenced, it can be used as a back door by Corruption Enforcement Officers.

All the more reason to get an old fashioned tumbler lock safe (like I have).

Screw digital.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I'm wondering was this master code only for this one safe or does the FBI now have the Master Code to all Liberty safes of that model .

Those codes are generally specific to the make/model/serial number of the individual safe. They don't have codes to all of them, but the manufacturer does....... and apparently it's easy for the FBI to obtain them.
edit on 8-9-2023 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I have never heard of a company having a "master code" for their safes. Do we know for sure it was a "master code"

The mfg will have a code that is "registered" to the serial number of the safe when it is shipped from the factory, but again, those can be changed in a matter of seconds for digital locks, and manual/combo locks can be changed by a locksmith in a matter of minutes.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Almost all digital safes, especially from the mentioned mfg, comes with a backup key.

There would be no use for a "master code", you could just use your key that came with your safe or order the new key from the mfg with the key code in your owners/user manual

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

That could be the code they're talking about. I have a digital one that I can't even get into due to the serial number being rubbed off and my dumba$$ losing the manual. Can't even call or email them and request a new one get sent over lololol

Which is what led me to buy my old fashioned tumbler one. The downside with that one is that if I lose the comb, I'm screwed. It requires a key AND the comb, with no backup.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I heard about this yesterday.
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Safes, phones, cloud storage, social media, vehicles, any smart devices and appliances...

The govt will stop at nothing to infiltrate every inch of your life.

It's just the tip of the iceberg.

Just wait for the CBDCs, 15 minute cities, and personal ESG scores.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

According to the article, the FBI had a search warrant. If they did have a search warrant, I think they could have and would have used force to break into the safe if the company had not given them the combination. The company saved the gun owner damage to the safe.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Let me follow up my first post with this…..

I believe the DOJ and FBI are targeting the people who were at the Jan 6th peaceful protest at the direction of Biden and his goons.

They have a terrible hate for all Trump supporters because of their butt hurt feelz and their goal is to jail as many as they can, legally or not, that disagree with the Leftist ideology.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I believe the DOJ and FBI are targeting the people who were at the Jan 6th peaceful protest at the direction of Biden and his goons.

I think the DOJ and the FBI are in for a rude awakening... someone will turn this BS around on them. Their names and faces are out there, patriots will come for them as well.

edit on 58095830am302023Fri, 08 Sep 2023 09:58:42 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

I think the DOJ and the FBI are in for a rude awakening... someone will turn this BS around on them. Their names and faces are out there, patriots will come for them as well.

Yeah I really don’t think that any real change will happen with them through normal oversight and channels within the government.

You see what happens at these hearings, they get a stern talking to by a few Republicans and these clowns take their lumps under oath, which means nothing to them BTW, and they leave with a smile on their face knowing nothing really happened.

As far as any patriots taking things into their own hands, I don’t really buy that at this point either.
Who is it gonna be that does it?
There would have to be a complete breakdown of everything to even begin to see something like that.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Look around you... Society is starting to break. It's why you see these guys up in the FBI's business. twitter.com...

It's only a matter of time... patriots or true Americans, whatever you want to call them, they see the crooked gov. / FEDs, etc. as the enemy. There is no doubt about that... and like you, they think DC will not do anything.

Just look over the horizon, something big is coming.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Removed
edit on 9.8.2023 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So a personal safe that you purchased and own is actually the property of the safe company and the FBI? Sounds like we already own nothing and aren't happy.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There would have to be a complete breakdown of everything to even begin to see something like that.

Like a situation where the government runs out of money, defaults on the debt, then can't continue it's irresponsible borrowing and spending?

We are close.

edit on 8-9-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join