It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dr. Death' Promotes Coffin-Shaped Suicide Pod Invention Offering People a 'Quick Death'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
how about if a copr created a production line of death,

They had that in the movie Soylent Green.
Euthanasia centers where the experience was highly pleasant.
People just walked in, signed a paper, and went to their death bed with everything being 'nice'.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I want.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The three questions are

1. What is your address?
2. What is your PIN?
3. What is your mother's maiden name?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Can we make the name of these suicide booths more palpatable?

Perhaps something like, 'Safe Space'?

I jest.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So many potential uses.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
The only problem I have is with the description of "Coffin-Shaped".

I have never seen anything shaped like that outside of sci-fi and they are usually cryo/hibernation pods or med pods.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I have to wonder what the difference is that justifies spending and extra $4k. Like, maybe you can get an 80's theme model that plays "Staying Alive" or "I Will Survive" while you die to the scent of Old Spice?

"I Will Survive" is 70's but yeah, Depeche Mode "Enjoy the Silence" and a waft of English Leather with some 3d goggles making me think I'm in my basement room back in 1985. Gotta be better than pressing the morphine button for days or weeks.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Suicide is the worst thing a person can do. It doesn't improve a person's fate if they do it. The fate of anyone encouraging suicide to someone else would also be pretty bad.

Pretty lame and selfish doctor doing this only because it's easier these days to pass it off as acceptable. Ooh, and for big dollars too..

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Religious freedom is a tricky thing. You want yours but we don't all share your opinion, so in order for you to be free to practice your religion you have to let everyone else practice theirs.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Religious freedom is a tricky thing. You want yours but we don't all share your opinion, so in order for you to be free to practice your religion you have to let everyone else practice theirs.

"we" don't all share your opinion either.

edit on 2-1-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Never speak to a religious Atheist zealot.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Pretty lame and selfish doctor doing this only because it's easier these days to pass it off as acceptable. Ooh, and for big dollars too..

Is this method patented do you think?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Is this method patented do you think?

It could be, but I'm having doubts a patent would be granted , because assisted suicide (when someone helps another to commit suicide) is a crime in all U.S. states, with physician-assisted suicide being an exception to this rule in some states.

I've lost relatives, (yes plural) and some friends to suicide, so I'm not too fond of the idea.

edit on 2-1-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

ROFL, so suicide is a religious thing? Do they offer you a bible to read before you commit the unforgivable sin of suicide?

No, your idea that it is a sin is a religious thing and not everyone agrees with you.

Do anything you want and tell the judge "you are exercising your freedom of religion!"

Again, the idea that I will stand before the judge is your religious belief. In a country where there is freedom of religion I don't have to think like you. That is the point of freedom of religion.

Killing yourself is still illegal in most places

What are they going to do put you on trial? Sentence you to death?

edit on 2-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Dying from a lack of oxygen is exactly the same as dying from drowning - it is a traumatic experience, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I would imagine that they have to cover the sarco pods so that bystanders don't witness the suffering of the user as they 'drown without water'. Disgraceful. An overdose of morphine would be far kinder - the user would simply fall asleep & die painlessly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join