It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dr. Death' Promotes Coffin-Shaped Suicide Pod Invention Offering People a 'Quick Death'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A former physician has invented a coffin shaped pod that will help people commit physician assisted suicide. People climb inside and are asked three easy questions. They then push a button and the oxygen gets sucked out. They 'die quickly' after that. Quick and clean and unseen. If I understand correctly, this will be used in Switzerland at this point, where it is legal. As an advocate for physician assisted suicide and elective death, I think he wants this used elsewhere as well. The pods are inexpensive and reusable, and much more reliable than pills which is the way physician assisted suicide usually works at this time. So this coffin pod thing could be the future of assisted suicide.

'Dr. Death' Promotes Coffin-Shaped Suicide Pod Invention Offering People a 'Quick Death'

An assisted suicide advocate nicknamed "Dr. Death," who once argued that troubled teens should be allowed to kill themselves, has garnered global attention for his latest invention: a coffin-shaped pod that enables people to end their lives with the push of a button.

The man behind the invention, Philip Nitschke, is a former physician and the head of Exit International, a nonprofit organization that campaigns for assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia legislation. Nitschke's nonprofit has also developed 3-D Printed Sarco Pods, which the Exit International founder revealed are expected to be used in Switzerland.

Switzerland allows assisted suicide, so long as the motive is unselfish and the provider carrying it out only does so for "altruistic" reasons. The country requires the individual choosing to die to possess "decision-making capacity" and "ownership of the action" of their death.

Nitschke said he and Exit International also "dispute the idea that Sarco 'glamorizes' suicide. Rather, the device has been designed to give a sense of style and elegance to this most important day, the day of one's elective death, and we would be critical of those who claim there are other ways of 'helping people' who want to die, by offering something that doesn’t actually help them die."

The pods are portable devices that enable people to kill themselves by reducing internal oxygen levels after they press a button. According to the outlet, the name of the pods is derived from the word "sarcophagus." Use of the pod is limited to members of Exit International, and an individual membership fee costs $100.

"The person will climb into the machine, they will be asked three questions, and they will answer verbally: 'Who are you?' 'Where are you?' and 'Do you know what happens if you press the button?" Nitschke told MailOnline.

According to the former physician, if the individual answers those questions, the machine will then turn on, and they can press the button. The Exit International founder told the outlet that the person who presses the button will "die quickly."

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Why the need for a machine? Is it cheaper for people who wish to kill themselves?
I bought a cannister/bottle of 100% carbon monoxide two years ago. 8 cubic metres when released at normal air pressure.
Cost me GBP500, plus 50 quid for the return of the bottle/canister when I changed my mind and chose to live.

Putting myself in a 'no arguments' situation where turning that lever = quick sleepiness and death, totally changed my perspective on surviving and living...I laugh at myself in the mirror now when I'm feeling sad, saying "Well #in kill yourself then, it ain't difficult, just remember you # out last time!"🤣

I don't see the need for this invention unless you actually are physically unable to set up an easy suicide option for yourself?

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I was going to comment on how painful death by applying a vaccume is but this is not the case.

The oxygen is not sucked out. It is purged away by introducing a nobel gas such as pure nitrogen to the chamber.

It should be like decompression to 30 thousand feet. Same affect without the flight.

I question the need for a chamber as a standard oxygen face mask would do the same thing. Look up any gas anesthetic accident.

So, a portable self controlled gas chamber. What will they come up with next in their sick minds?

edit on 5-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

damn when i read dr.death, i thought ol nick came back.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

damn when i read dr.death, i thought ol nick came back.

Yeah, I thought it was Kervorkian.
(however you spell it)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So is this acceptable to use on prisoners for State executions or...?

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As The Daily Mail reported, each pod costs between $4,000 and $8,000, and a few days before speaking with the outlet, Nitschke had visited Switzerland to verify the invention met all of the necessary requirements.

I have to wonder what the difference is that justifies spending and extra $4k. Like, maybe you can get an 80's theme model that plays "Staying Alive" or "I Will Survive" while you die to the scent of Old Spice?

"The person will climb into the machine, they will be asked three questions, and they will answer verbally: 'Who are you?' 'Where are you?' and 'Do you know what happens if you press the button?" Nitschke told MailOnline.

I was thinking of starting a GoFundMe to get one of these for Joe Biden, but I don't think he could answer the questions.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have often wondered, for executions anyway, why not a hot shot of heron? Would work for suicide, also, I guess.

People waste their whole lives chasing that high, why not send em out with a smile.

It is cheaper, and you can get it legally in a few places.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You could try sending him a prepaid gift card for it.

You are right. He would just avoid answering the questions or not even make understandable words to the machine.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As long as it is not mandated, I'm all for stupid people ending themselves.

Maybe traffic would be better.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

At this time they are talking about Switzerland for it for use.
I would imagine that eventually it could be used for that.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I predict these will start selling like hotcakes over the next 17 months.

Edit to add: In the United States.

edit on 9/5/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yeah, I thought it was Kervorkian. (however you spell it)

close enough.

on subject, i'm all for people deciding on how they end their days. some i don't understand why, some i can.
me i'm gonna live every one God counted out for me, then try to fight for more, unless it's all but hopeless. even then i'll be hoping for more no matter how blanked up they maybe.
edit on 5-9-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That’s exactly what I thought about when I was reading this lol. They have them on the streets in Futurama.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

Highly applicable.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was once administered a sedative by an EMT because I was delusional and hysterical in panic, and when it kicked in I experienced a beautiful glowing light and what looked like rows upon rows of compassionate beings looking over me with kindness and compassion in my minds eye.

All I felt in that light was warmth, peace and infinite love.

The memory of the world washed away and all I could do was focus on the feelings of peace and love.

Then I lost consciousness and woke up in the hospital.

I don't know what they administered in that shot, but I always pray that when my agony becomes to great to bear in this world, they give me a dose of whatever it was they gave me that day so at least my final memory is one of peace and rest.

I feel it's only the compassonate way to transition the mind that is suffering too greatly in this world.

Sadly, in most cases where I have to be "put down" because of psychosis, the shots I've been recieving by cold steely eyed nurses cause your brain to shut down like a hard reset on a computer, and it's a form of simulated death, the mind collapses into a singularity and it's a frightening and painful experience before everything goes dark.

But to be honest, when I get that psychotic, I'm begging for death and for the experience to end in any manner possible.

I just wish they liked me enough to give me the good stuff.

I suppose they don't because people would probably feign psychosis just to experience that bliss.

I think it may have been morphine, and I've heard a lot of people can become addicted to it.

edit on 9/5/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Can we talk about how they are reusable? Like... um... no thanks! I'm gonna die where someone else has not ditectly died... at least I hope. I don't know where that is but I do not wanna put myself into a reuseable death pod coffin. The thing that is super creepy is what if it got into the hands of someone who programmed them so any voice could be heard and the button inside was somehow put on the outside and then people were using this device to kill others mess free in their basement ir like in the woods in some creepy cabin or like hidden aongst the rocks hit the person with rocks to make it look like they fell in the river.... Then they dump the body in a river.... or drop them from a cliff.

Shutters....

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
the British pre nazis death camps talked about creating lethal chambers to rid themselves of the wrong thinkers the likes of virginia wolf commented in 1915 when looking at the poor how right it would be to kill the lot which is what happens when people start talking of killing it takes them down the path of othering and accepting that killing the others is a good thing.

looking on at the way canadians have embraced the kind of lethality in their society its hard to not see us going down the same path from british lethal chamber towards nazi like death camps.

edit on 6-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos

how about if a copr created a production line of death, its not like we've not see that before ot seen that kind of thinking growing in the world today.. you only have to see how many cherred on the removal of familial and spiritual safeguarding for those at end of life during the pandemic hailing it as the greatest of good s its hard not to see this scaling into a profitable commercial activity for the corporations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join