It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China engaging in ‘asymmetric warfare’ to influence US public opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
According to John Bolton, former head of the NSA, China is attacking us by getting us to attack ourselves. They are influencing public opinion in covert ways. Sometimes not so covert, like with TikTok. He says China is trying to get us to lose faith in our institutions but honestly, the institutions like the FBI, are doing a good job of that on their own. He doesn't provide a list of things showing China influencing US public opinion, but common sense says they are. Heck, China is attacking us by supporting the illegal drugs that are coming flowing across our wide open Southern border. And buying up farm land in the Mid-West too. So this isn't far fetched at all.

New York Post - John Bolton Says China Engaged in Asymmetric Warfare Against USA

China is engaged in an “asymmetric warfare” campaign in the United States aimed at influencing public opinion and weakening Americans’ faith in their institutions, former National Security Advisor John Bolton said.

“Chinese influence operations in this country, and efforts really to fragment us politically, are definitely underestimated. I think we’re still learning a lot about it,” Bolton told host John Catsimatidis Sunday on WABC 770 AM’s “Cats Roundtable” show.

“Some of them, like the Confucius Institutes at universities, are just propaganda centers. That’s becoming more evident. We’ve got to wake up to this threat. We have not been willing to see it,” said Bolton, 74.

“But this attempt to influence our public opinion without letting anybody know they’re doing it, that’s much more insidious, and, in the long term, more dangerous,” said Bolton, who served as the White House national security adviser under former President Donald Trump.

Bolton said the popularity of TikTok, the Chinese-linked mobile video platform popular with over one billion users worldwide and 150 million in the US, according to the company, is a case in point.

“It’s like the story of the Pied Piper. The Chinese developed this. They’ve got people almost hooked on it. And it’s something they can use to reel in people later,” he said.

On growing tensions between the US and China, Bolton said while the US remains “the dominant power militarily,” China’s strategy is to use “asymmetric warfare.”

“To engage in cyber-attacks. To try to influence operations. To cut to undercut us economically. Never to confront us militarily because they know ultimately what the outcome would be. But to weaken American resolve. Weaken faith in our institutions. And to do it in a variety of different ways,” he said.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Who needs China? We have Biden, Obama, the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, most of the Dems in Congress, the educational system, the MSM, social media, Hollywood....Lord, I'm starting to feel ill.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I’m afraid that the day I listened to what John Bolton had to say as something without “slant” bias, or outright falsehood…has never come to pass.

I’m pretty sure my own country and most others use such tactics. Sadly, Obama made sure that propaganda could legally be used against his own country…so I’m unsure what’s worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

what do you think:
Propaganda?
or not?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nuro weaponry should be classed as WMD and nuclear strike on troops or allies. We could just retaliate with gamma radiation as punishment to them. Or create a nano viral plague that only kills that ethnicity. PErsonally the Plague works the best because it can be tuned to a specific biological marker. have it effect the heart. We should start today and have it lie dormant until we have infected almost every one of them,then at 1 time activate it and kill them all in one shot.

Oh I should stop... i might give DARPA more ideas.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Communist China is the NEW NWO Boogyman . They are OWNED by them as is the Rest of the World Right Now it Seems . A Diabolical Plot to Control the Lives of Every Man Woman and Child here on Earth . It's Happened Before You Know , it's Called TYRANNY . Fight Against It or Become a SLAVE .................CHOOSE !

edit on 3-9-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I say poision them all with my techno organic weapons and be done with it. Cant nuke when you are dead.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The Solution for Earth's Civilizations to Continue their Evolutional Existence in a Positive Productive Way is to " WEED OUT " that which is Considered Non Productive and Destructive . What that is Considered Today is Obvious to me , How about You > ?

edit on 3-9-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

you had me as soon as you said JOHN BOLTON
the guy thats been begging us to go to war with
every nation on earth, and singlehandedly has killed millions
of people since vietnam, between him and Zbigniew Brzezinski
i am surprised theres anyone left alive on this planet

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I dont hate the chinese. its their leadership,but to get to them we have to go through the people. stopping of the heart instantly is the least hurtful way to do so. OR use the virus as a way to control chinas leaders by saying all we have to do is press a button and we can end them literally. Yes,its essentially taking the entire country hostage but they leave little option.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

" I dont hate the chinese. its their leadership "

I Agree , it's the Supposed Peoples Leadership Around the World Today that is the Real Problem . Seems the Entire Earth Needs to Revisit America 1776 . God Help US All ....

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh, great grand-pappy is coming in with his 2 cents of red scare aftershocks.

Half of the article was just another hit on TikTok, as is the current trend of government officials and just..... old people in general. What is the obsession with these dementia ridden, diaper wearing politicians and TT, China, etc.?

China Doesn't need to do anything. Nobody needs to do anything. It's not some massive global conspiracy of "all the chinamen hiding in our phones and computers throughout the day". People have been putting down the Koolaid for the last decade or so and really coming to grips with reality, and that is that our institutions suck. They are all corrupt down to their very cores, driven by money and personal elevation.

What's the governmental problem with TikTok? More people are learning about things in general. More information is getting passed around that medium than any other, primarily due to not having to worry about everything being censored like our wonderful American Media companies.

Let's look at it this way: it was how protests were organized during (and after, essentially) COVID. That's how we got all the juicy details from scientists that were censored, copies of documents that they didn't want us to see, etc. That's how we learned the truth about Russia and Ukraine (and that gas is $1.80 per gallon in Russia after all of our wonderful "Sanctions"). That's how the average public citizen is learning about unconstitutional bills that are being proposed, learning about politicians and their illegal insider stock trading.

What does it have to do with China? Nothing. China is the boogeyman. Just like Russia. China is where the platform came from, and it's "linked" (Whatever that is) so that's what they blame it on. How many other things have they blamed on China? What the government is REALLY afraid of, is it's people coming together and not being stupid.

ThEy'Re EnGaGiNg In AsYmMeTrIc WaRfArE - Nah, you old greedy bloodthirsty idiots are losing your grip....

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

China is engaged in an “asymmetric warfare” campaign in the United States aimed at influencing public opinion and weakening Americans’ faith in their institutions

Bolton is shifting the blame for domestic issues caused by domestic politicians who are lowering Americans’ faith in their institutions .... and yeah that includes the orange bloke.
edit on 5-9-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Bolton is shifting the blame for domestic issues caused by domestic politicians who are lowering Americans’ faith in their institutions .... and yeah that includes the orange bloke.

I think it is probably that AND China attacking.
BOTH. We are so screwed.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Who needs China? We have Biden, Obama, the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, most of the Dems in Congress, the educational system, the MSM, social media, Hollywood....Lord, I'm starting to feel ill.

Tragically, there's nothing we can do so long as we have a President (Joe Biden) who allows China to hover balloon-attached platforms over our country.

Platforms capable of spying and dropping toxins, like Anthrax, at any time.

Does Congress comprehend that America does not have a Commander-in-Chief?

That the position is VACANT?! 🚨

new topics

top topics

join