It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough conversations.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Strangely I think everyone with a plan has either the means to survive this or simply need a backup plan for the unforeseeable outcome.

There's no time if those things start to fly...

Because you don't know where you are at that specific time or moment when it all happens

But If have time I'll will take that only flight to a small remote and beautiful Island somewhere in the Pacific or Indian ocean with suitable radius to survive

Or

I'll leave it to coincidence and luck if not , I will see all that I love at the other side...

edit on 0b22America/ChicagoSun, 03 Sep 2023 11:33:22 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 03 Sep 2023 11:33:22 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Will you survive?

We do have clues that may indicate the outcome.

We do know there will be war. during a seven year period, 56% of Earths population will perish. That leaves 44% alive. ATS people may very well be in that 44%, because non ATS people are likely not even paying attention. Just depends on where the nukes fall.

We dont have control over where the nukes will fall. Know anybody that does?? That might be a wise first move, to ask that you be spared.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why the welders helmet? They have auto darkening goggles and glasses on eBay. They are more comfortable and cooler without blocking the drinks, smokes, etc... If you need more than eye protection, the helmet will not help with the blast.

edit on 3-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MelissaP

The problem with biological attack is they spread by self replication. Then again, anyone crazy enough to do that hasen't thought it through to that point.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The knowledge learned by reasonable preparation is the most valuable asset in any desaster. Knowing how to adapt and what to avoid will keep more alive than anything else.

The last local emergency drill I had any knowledge of proves this. Two police officers moved some simulatesd live wires from a roadway. They were killed instantly in that simulation because they had no knowledge of what not to do. They probably did better the next time.

As far as preparing a plan goes, flexibility is most important as we never know what is around the corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MelissaP

No one is conquering or occupying the US except our corrupt government.

But yes, an EMP or coordinated attacks on the power grid is likely for a first strike. Then they'll go after our nukes probably simultaneously along with other military targets, DC Cheyenne Mountain. I think I heard we only have 3 working oil refineries, they'll likely be hit also.

There's really no need to strike cities, we'll take ourselves out, though it's a possibility.

Also, modern nukes are more efficient than the days of WWII, there will be less fallout and particulate radiation,

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

" Recently I was talking to my brother about what his plan was if the nukes started dropping (or insert any collapse of society you prefer). "

If Nukes Start Dropping , We are All Better Off Dying in the Exchange . It would be More Merciful that Trying to Even Stay Alive in the Aftermath . The Only Other Option Would be to Put All Our Personal Effort into Preventing it From EVER Happening in the First Place . There are Many Options in Accomplishing this , First and Foremost is Controlling the Political Leadership in ANY Country that has a Nuclear Capability , and Insisting in " Numerous Ways " to Make Sure the People in those Nations have the Last Say in Any Act that Would Surely End All Life here on Earth . Life is All About Choices I have Found . Right or Wrong , it is as Simply as that ...........

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It is not about the leaders, it only takes a few loose nuts to start a nuclear war.

See this possibility.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It is not about the leaders, it only takes a few loose nuts to start a nuclear war.

See this possibility.

The " Loose Nuts " Must be Constantly Monitored of Course . We Have that Technology used for Righteous Purposes If Need Be .

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Why the welders helmet? They have auto darkening goggles and glasses on eBay. They are more comfortable and cooler without blocking the drinks, smokes, etc... If you need more than eye protection, the helmet will not help with the blast.

I have had the above plan since the 70s .
And no way would darkening glasses or goggles give the same protection as a welder's helmet .

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I have had the above plan since the 70s .
And no way would darkening glasses or goggles give the same protection as a welder's helmet .

I have an automatic welding helmet. I was surprised how fast it goes dark

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   

They are welding auto darkening glasses. The batteries are solar powered and change from a shade 3 to 12 in about 5 hundretha of a second. They are used for welding. I would not use them except for odserving someone welding from a short distance away as they have no spatter protection. The lenses are the same as in the auto darkening welding helmets.

It is only a suggestion for convenience.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

she was adamant

Who is not in that tough conservation? We all have some deep programming inside of us to survive. Some are better at it than others. When push come to shove, depends on with way the wind is blowing for where our true strengths are.

The term 'blood is thicker than water' means that we will care for our family more than others when things get tough. As this lady is a friend of someone on this site, these kind of topics is something she has considered. Does she have years of gardening experience and knows what to do when some black spots arrive or some plant is sick? Or just going off the best she knows, seeds need water, not too much.

Frankly we are all novices when stuck in a SHTF, what is broken, what do we do? There are so many ways to plan for what is possible, at the end we all die.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
Yeah, point is, extinction level event will spare no one and life won't re-emerge for thousands of years. Wonder how many know how to prep for and survive that?

Of course, it seems all humanity is narcissistic - believing any such event will be human caused, human survived and human 'fixed'.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Old analog truck. 4 wheel drive.

Bug out kit including cans of gas and a generator.

Sleeping bags, tent, clothing, Cannes food and such.

Camping stove and pots/pans

Flint and steel along with a bulk pack of bic lighters

Solar powered radio with additional hand crank and batteries. Lots of batteries.

Thermal blankets. Water purification pills.

First aid kits (wife is a nurse)

Tons of other stuff in storage containers to quickly put in the truck and leave.

We were more thinking of a tail accident that exposes the area to deadly chemicals.

We have 4 bug out directions to go in along with paper maps. I grew up with paper maps. We have destinations picked …etc.

Nuke war there will not be a lot of places to go. We will all be affected.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Then again, anyone crazy enough to do that hasen't thought it through to that point.

And as we all know - there are no crazy people in the world these days.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join