It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenic Man Who Believed He Was The "King of Africa" Killed His Mother For 'ursing him with

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A schizophrenic man who thought he was the "King of Africa" has been locked up indefinitely after killing his mother, who he believed was practising 'black magic' against him.

Nicholas Aina, 28, killed his mother Caroline Adeyelu, 64, and wounded his sister Angel Adeyelu, 23, at the home the three shared in east London last October.

Aina, who had a history of violence, had stopped taking his anti-psychotic medication because he wanted to lose weight, and his family were worried about him.

He was suffering from delusions that his mother and sister were "out to get him".

He also thought he was the "King of Africa" as well as suffering from other psychotic delusions about witchcraft and electric voltage.

Schizophrenic Man Who Believed He Was The "King of Africa" Killed His Mother For 'ursing him with black magic'

Another delusional crazy bastard.

You have to wonder what the feck they are putting in the tap water these days.

Thank god he's not walking the streets at least.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

People do this sort of thing when they stop taking meds.

I watched a body cam video of a 12 year old girl who stabbed her younger brother saying that she didn't mean to do it ........she had just come off her meds.
edit on 31-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

People do this sort of thing when they stop taking meds.

According to the article that does indeed appear to be what happened.

To lose weight apparently.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There's a Ryan Reynolds film titled 'The Voices'......it shows how someone experiences schizophrenia with and without meds...have you seen it?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I haven't seen it.

It's a bad idea to stop taking any prescribed medication, especially of the antipsychotic sorts, without consulting the doctors responsible for issuing you it.

As situations like this clearly illustrate as unfortunate as the case may be.

Might give the movie a view through if it's any good?

Dark comedy genre?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It's dark, hilarious.....and I love it.
It is worth a watch because you will find out why they stop taking them.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It is only funny to people that have have never had to have deal with those with it.
I will say don't watch it if you suffer from mental issues.
If one does then DO NOT watch the movie.

edit on 31-8-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you could convey this bit the pic you displayed is possible should be a click only.
You are truly touching on a subject here that I don't feel like should be discussed more.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

See that's not what the spirit of ATS is about today.

We are encouraged to discuss all topics to within reason and the TnC of the site.

What part of the subject is it you feel should not be discussed?

And why do you feel that way if i may ask?

Given the number of incidents transpiring that involve people with severe mental health issues and the horrendous results that have occurred, i think its important to highlight what's going on, don't you?

Certainly its not a topic that should be swept under the proverbial rug nor ignored by my guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I guess I'll be the asshole and say it. . . . . .

Why didn't the leftists agree that's what he was?

If his "brain" told him he was the King of Africa, then he should have been made the god-damned King of Africa!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Look what I found online:

A friend of mine got me to watch this a while ago. He said it was a comedy so I watched it. I suffer from mental illness. I don't know what was up with me at the time but by the time I got to the end I was crying my eyes out. I think it was the part when he kidnapped his therapist and tried to get her to understand his problem that got to me. It's hard to explain your issues when you got no idea what your issue is. Great movie.
reddit.com
edit on 31-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I guess I'll be the asshole and say it. . . . . .

Why didn't the leftists agree that's what he was?

What leftists?

The current administration in power over here hardly amounts to anything of the sort.

If his "brain" told him he was the King of Africa, then he should have been made the god-damned King of Africa!

Apparently entertaining or reinforcing delusions can be counter-productive where schizophrenia is concerned.

My bet is the crazy bastard, or the voices in his head, would simply have found other reasons to hurt people even if the mother and sister did entertain his delusions to save their own skin.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The leftists over here tend to trust what the brain is saying in terms of gender, I was being a dick.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah right.

Well in this instance at least, i don't think gender seems to have been of concern.

He appears to have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and was issued medication that he chose not to take.

As to whatever the heck was going through Aina's head.

I think it's a safe bet to be rather warped and full of broken bottles.

edit on 31-8-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We all know who the King of Africa is....

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't......can you tell me who the king of Africa is please?

edit on 1-9-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Dude why is it that the one and only thing I have EVER seen you do is get angry, name call, take every differing opinion as a personal threat to you, and then in easily built up and exploded temper, start bossing people around and trying to say what we can and can’t do after 15 plus years here!? How OLD are you!? Really! Not what you think should be discussed!? Who do you think you are and how silly to act in such a way given the rhinos and super mods and posters we all know!?

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't get why you posted this?

To point out a mentally ill person committed a violent crime?

In general, people with severe mental illnesses are LESS likely than so called normal people to be violent.
Yes, some mentally ill people will harm others because of their illness but that's very rare. There's over a million schizophrenic people and you only hear about a handful of situations like these.

It only seems to occur more because when it does, it's a strange story. The guy who kills his wife for not having a clean house isn't that exciting and people don't read that story. But with mental illnesses, they are often strange so papers will pick them up.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

About 1 in 10 homicides are committed by mentally ill people which is a statistic that's similar worldwide, those numbers only go up when it comes to mass murder. It makes sense if you consider what it would actually take to kill or seriously harm another, the victims tend to be known too.

A schizophrenia diagnosis and treatment isn't something done lightly and the sad thing about this case is the fact that his mother seemingly contacted the relevant services about him. He's been in and out of hospital for this so he would have had a CPN (community psychiatric nurse) assigned to his case.

Tbh I'm not sure why this particular case is newsworthy, the delusions maybe? He'll be in a hospital for the rest of his life now, the courts said it was a case of diminished responsibility and I tend to agree. I'd say what's newsworthy is how common these failings are becoming because going by whats said this family was definitely failed by the system.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Double.

edit on 1-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join