It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenic Man Who Believed He Was The "King of Africa" Killed His Mother For 'ursing him with

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I don't get why you posted this?

Its mainstream news Daughter2.

What part is it you are having problems getting your head around and why should it not be posted?

To point out a mentally ill person committed a violent crime?

To point out that a dangerous schizophrenic maniac with a history of violence, who believed he was the "King of Africa", then went on to attack his sister and murder his mother.

Because he thought she was performing witchcraft rituals on him happened.

And the frequency that such events seem to be occurring, is rather alarming.

Keeping in mind that here in the UK we not that long ago had a crazy lady that liked to torture and murder goats, stab to death an old man out walking his dog for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

As to it being strange, well im my book murdering your mother and attacking your sister, because the voices in your head told you so, is indeed rather strange by my guess.

As to the how or why of it all, that seems to surround the fact that the perp chose to stop taking medication issued for the condition, down to him wanting to lose weight, which appears to have been the serious contributing factor.
edit on 1-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, I'll just drop these here and leave...

Oh - and in case someone doesn't know, the Carnivore Diet is quite simply the ultimate Keto diet...

Ketogenic Therapy in Serious Mental Illness: Emerging Evidence

Mental Healing with Carnivore

Nigel heals from schizophrenia, paranoia and depression

Inspiring Carnivore Success Story and Interview with Special Guest Brett Lloyd!

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

There does seem to be a growing amount of research that possibly indicates Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent and ease the symptoms associated with schizophrenia and even slow the progress of the disease.

That certainly does not mean that people should stop taking prescription medication issues by doctors to combat the symptoms associated with schizophrenia all the same.

As the results can be rather problematic and extreme as this horrendous incident clearly illustrated as unfortunate as the case may be.

www.webmd.com...#:~:text=Eat%20More%3A%20Salmon%20and%20Other%20Fatty%20Fish&text=A%2 0growing%20amount%20of%20research,doctor%20about%20omega%2D3%20supplements.
www.everydayhealth.com...

edit on 1-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: tanstaafl

There does seem to be a growing amount of research that possibly indicates Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent and ease the symptoms associated with schizophrenia and even slow the progress of the disease.

It is much much more than just Omega 3's - it is the eliminati8on of garbage non-foods (primarily seed oils), the dramatic reduction of carbs and sugar (this is the Keto diet), and the introduction of larger amounts of healthy animal proteins and saturated fats.

That certainly does not mean that people should stop taking prescription medication issues by doctors to combat the symptoms associated with schizophrenia all the same.

I agree, I didn't say it was, although people who go this route almost always end up - with the help of their Doctor - tapering off their meds until they are fully off of them all.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We shouldnt really consider him a crazy lunatic. Frightening and dagerous for sure.....but come on man. He is sick and has aa real disease. Some compassion belongs more to the victims of course, but to him aswell. Imagine going on the meds after and realizing what you have done? He is a victim too then. What a terrifying reality to grapple with in a cold cell. Obviosuely a bit of latitude is deserved. Now he lives with it. Poor him aswell. A whole bunch of people ripped apart by a dreadfull mind disease that it is that real to believe he was doing right, or he was who he thought. Scary. I dont want that, alcoholism only for me thanks. Even I have victims of that disease. Lampshade's and Im an eperor one day, chandelier's and im spider-man next. funny but not funny. Im going now, my liver hurts. He hurt my heart though.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AnrkEE

He has a history of violence.

Chose of his own volition to stop taking his medication.

And went on to assault his sister and murder his mother because the voices in his head told him she was performing witchcraft rituals on him.

You can call him anything you please, and attempt to understand his plight or situation, but it won't change the fact he's a mad bastard who deserves life imprisonment at the very least considering the crimes he commited, for everyone else safety, including his own.

Whether thats in a hospital/secure facility setting or prison would be up for the authorities to decide but at the end of the day he's dangerous.
edit on 2-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

You are truly touching on a subject here that I don't feel like should be discussed more.

Why shouldn't anyone on here be discussing this?
I'm very interested in hearing your reasoning behind this?

We are pumping people, many of them children, full of all sorts of drugs and medication.
We are making people undergo all sorts of psychiatric and similar treatments that expose them to all sorts of worrying thoughts and behaviours.

The overuse of these treatments and their withdrawal from them can trigger some truly awful episodes.

Yet we rarely question exactly WHY so many people require these medications and various therapies etc.
What exactly causing so many people in society to have these pyschotic or whatever episodes, reactions, thoughts etc?

How many times do we read about people who are responsible for harming themselves and others being either on long term medication or have withdrawn from them?

Something isn't quite right.

And you say we shouldn't be discussing it?

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm beginning to think our respective societies are schizophrenic and not just some of the people who reside within them.

Hence the increased madness across the board in general.

As to what we should be discussing, well anything we please to within the rhyme and reason of the TnC would be my guess there.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

In my day to day occupation I deal with numerous examples of people with varying degrees of mental illness and quite frequently psychosis.
The causes and triggers are numerous including both self-medication and people choosing to stop taking their medication.

I could tell stories that literally would make you piss yourself laughing and others that are truly heart rendering.

But rarely does anyone ask why this rise in people with 'mental illnesses' and why so many require such potent medication or at times questionable treatment.

Seems to me we concentrate on firefighting and refuse to engage in any root cause analysis.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You're probably aware that NHS mental health services across the nation are in the toilet right now.

Which may also be a contributing factor and responsible for the increase in the acts of utter madness happening across the nation.

End of the day if we take away or withhold the resources to treat these poor sods.

And don't offer them the required help that they need bad things are apt to happen.

In this instance all the same, the man has stopped taking his prescribed medication of his own volition.

Might not even have made his GP aware of that fact i suppose.

It's a tragedy, but one that could have probably been preventable by my guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
"Care in the Community" ideology at it's finest. Austerity cuts and unmanageable CPN caseloads. That poor family, mother tried to raise awareness, son probably scoring low on some acuteness matrix, not thought high risk. Sister now completely isolated in nuclear unit, probably traumatised and in need of support for herself with the only help readily available, another prescription, probably for enough to end it all.

Lock him up for life for murder? He should have been in a suitable facility all along. Not sure how costs compare, MH or prison but I bet prison is the more affordable option.

Success for the ideologists who never have to absorb any impact of their anti social policies.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

The man has a history of violent behavior and does indeed appear to be a serious danger to others around him.

Looks like it's a psychiatric hospital where he's being held as opposed to jail, apparently for an indefinite term.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakefair enough. well to that i say, if you ever stand judged before someone?. lets say god for a generic example? i hope he holds you to the same standard and compassion you would show him. fair right? would you want a little wiggle room for forgiveness and understanding or stand tall and accept the same standard for yoursel? i bet a little less strictly?. now you arent on par with him but you also arent a saint and everbody has that secret thing that if god exists we might have to answer to him? now either you are almost saintly, you are lying, you are lying to yourself or maybe you have that one little thing you really dont want answer to and when and if you do? do you want to be judged still as you have judged, the same standard? or ya want a little wiggle room? call it guilty with an explaination? how would this thought experiment go down for you? be honest man. no right or wrong just honest and thats all that is required and hopefully that answer shared? honest question? now do you feel little more inclined to give him consideratiom? guilty with an explaination is still guilty but how well will you fare here?

edit on 2-9-2023 by AnrkEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

He has a history of violence.

Chose of his own volition to stop taking his medication.

And went on to assault his sister and murder his mother because the voices in his head told him she was performing witchcraft rituals on him.

You can call him anything you please, and attempt to understand his plight or situation, but it won't change the fact he's a mad bastard who deserves life imprisonment at the very least considering the crimes he commited, for everyone else safety, including his own.

Whether thats in a hospital/secure facility setting or prison would be up for the authorities to decide but at the end of the day he's dangerous.
God willing. The only thing left to hope for is someone unfortunate you love, gets in there and finishes the job. 2 men go in that cell and only one walks out. I smell award winning docudrame series in real life. Man do you wanna be the one to perform the final procedure? Save a few bucks for the state. I think it has hero written all over it. We could autosign you to season two. Who's next for the next cleansing? We can vote on it. I know maybe someone close. Maybe he is sane yet still a little less dispicable. Same solution. Plot twist....family member!!! what will you do? Starts in the fall. Thats the cliffhanger. Nothing cheesy ok? you dont get a cape so dont even ask.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure you're going on about, to be honest.

Sane people don't kill their mums AnrkEE because the voices told them so.

Hence the reason he is in a hospital as opposed to the alternative.

Violent people who kill others need to be imprisoned, and that is just all she wrote in any sort of civilised society.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

well to that i say, if you ever stand judged before someone?. lets say god for a generic example? i hope he holds you to the same standard and compassion you would show him.

Buddy God should be answering my questions by my guess.

And worrying about my judgment, if indeed he made us in his image, never mind the absentee parent thingamabob he would have going on for the past 2000 odd years and the rest.

So aye there is that.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake man I gotta respect that answer. I like your style sir and well damn played. hats off to you. Your drinks are on me for sure. Thats my kinda speed right there. I need more friends like you. we all do. also i totally missed. thought he was in prison, but never thought sane. my apologies I will see myself out

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thats sound mate.

Happy to have you, don't feel you need to abandon the thread through because you misinterpreted a small point.

It's easy done.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakeLet me tell you why I have a certain amount of compassion for the mentally ill? 20 years ago a judge sent me to a really tough shelter in the hardest part of Toronto. Spoiler alert Canadians are not as polite as you might think across the board. So here I find myself in a jungle of addict's, alcoholic's, criminal's, the unwanted and the mentally ill. I was the first 4 on that list. So a judge sent me there to straighten me out. Judges don't seem to know that, this is not how that works. You become more of the same of what you are, and worse. Well I watched my surrounding's and it was pretty much jail house rule's, and with the mentally ill on the very bottom of that hierarchy. I watched them being manipulated, used, and ripped off. Nobody was there to protect them at all. Even though that animal side of myself had to exist, so I was the best/worst of those first 4 things I mentioned above, I alway's thought that the mentally ill were off limit's. They weren't like the rest of us, and it wasn't a fair game for them. I decided I would do what I could to protect them from people like me, without upsetting the balance, because still I had to operate by the rules that I existed within my ''class''. I got to know quite a number of them. So there was the Time Cop, the handwasher, the russian ninja, the crazy eyed posing guy, michael the arch angel, there were a few I could only explain in full sentence's, there was the government is whispering in my ear guy. So I would go rip up the streets for a bit, and come back broken. I would hang out with them as much as I could throughout 2 year's. Some together but mostly me and 1. I would try and keep them in order so I knew each would have my attention in course. Thing was I was safe with them, and in turn they learned they were safe with me. Never once did i take, and I would never allow them to be taken in front of me. I also taught them that some of thing's they were doing, were getting them treated unfairly. I learned their stories and was fascinated by them. I had a certain way to operate within their world, while also keeping them in this world.
So learning about their habit's cigarettes, weed, beer, vodka food, candy etc all luxeries for them I took note. I would go out and be a criminal to feed my habit for day's on end till I knew I couldnt go any longer. So I would always do one more criminal thing to get some of those things to bring for them. In turn I had their company, away from the animal's so I would be able to turn my animal self off. They noticed that whenever I came, I was probably bringing them something, because everyone else only seemed to take and never pay it back. It came to the point when I was done being an animal, their eyes would light up to see me, but it was because they were so delighted to have some of those things I brought them alot, and wanted to share with me. One time it was a 100$ bag of ''weed'' that I could see ten feet away was grass clipping's. He wanted me to smoke with him. I said I can see from here thats just grass clipping's. ''Well no they werent because it cost 100$'' So I said you will see and I rolled and smoked the first bit of the grass clippings. Told him yep, grass clippings, here. He smoked it. Poor guys face, I said man, why didn't you ask me? It was adorable but so sad. He preobably had the least to lose. A few of them asking me, mike, I wanna have some danish lager's I have money will you go get them? absolutely estatic he could by me those danish lager's. I couldn't even count how many time's I heard danish lager's as if I didn't know and hadnt brought many a time. He was wild haired, trench-coat, crazy guy that looked super weird, but could get caught posing at his reflection for hour's. Im sure every angle posed in, none had is good angle. Picture flasher weird, but not. I was told he took so much acid at one time he never came back and was stuck in the condition I met him. Still could hold a conversation.

Each one oof them in some way tried and waited for me to come around because this time they got to treat me. It wasn't often, because I wanted make sure I was not on the predator side, I was still protecting the pray and I didn't want anywhere near that line.

In the insane world I was in, I went to the insane people to escape my insanity. Make that make sense? Sometime yes, I could be pulled in and find me slipping. But I didn't fall into their dellusion. I can't say a part of me didn't believe them. They could make things that real. Had to be carefull, but also not be desructive, nor accepting of their reality. I had to show them that they were hearing their sickness talking, and would guide them back.

I loved those guy's and they loved me. In that world nobody really is loved. They made me human again, when everything required the animal. They never let me get so completely down the animal road that I could never recover. They showed me that I am holding on to the humanity a bit and so Im not lost into absolute life of being those first 4 things. They helped me, slowly work my way to becoming more human so I could escape, and recover. They saved my life.

When it was time to go back to being a member of society, I would miss them, and I really worried for them. A few times after I would run into them, and of course it was hugs like I had never left. I would stop what I was doing and take them for lunch and beers and keep them out of that place, and back into society with me. Just for an afternoon. So I took them from the insanity, and brought them regular life, just like they brought the human out, from the animal in me. I could rejoin society, but I couldn't do that for them, so an afternoon it was. I always thought, that if I could stand to live in toronto again, I would go back there and create that same thing I did with them as a paid job for me, always knowing that if they said no, I would really do it for free. anyway. As far as I was concerned I was rewarded already by them helping me get enough normal to escape. I was rewarded still, for friendships with people nobody has the passion for dealing with. They were lonely, and we truly were loving friend's. Somebody that genuinely really was there just because Iwanted to be. It wasn't hard at all, I don't see how they didn't have anybody else willing to keep them, especially if it meant sending them to that place. Not seen, not heard, and largely forgotten

Oh! and one guy did things with his poo and finger's in his bum, building pyramids etc. yeah he was on his own. Nobody seemed to bother him anyway. lol.
These people have stories, they are human's and human's have to have connection in order to survive, or even if possible thrive. I know for a fact that I could say take ten of those guy's put them all in a house and have it operate as close to normal as can be. People say do it!! I say yah ok I will, but you gotta get the money from the government, cuz it doesnt seem like a priority. It isn't, and that is so shameful. Believe me, if I had the money I would do it in a second, make it break even. Then operate smoothly, and then thats when the government might give you money. Im taking donations.
They would probably just go on thinking that we were great friends, but never really understanding that they actually saved my life. That...I wish they knew.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join