It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marxist Pope Francis Calls America Catholics 'Backwards'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The conspiracy - He's not a 'pope', he's a South American Anti-Catholic Marxist hell bent on the downfall of America and the Catholic Church.

From what he has done in the past it is easy to see that he hates America and wants us to have wide open borders and wants a downfall for us in the world. He won't be happy until we are like a poor of South America hovel. He constantly attacks actual Catholics deriding them for being Catholic. And now he specifically calls out American Catholics as 'backwards' for not bending to his anti-Catholic and anti-American ways. He has famously said that it was an “honor” to be attacked by Americans.

I say that he's not really the pope because, even though the rules allow for a pope to resign, only one pope can be anointed by God at a time to be Vicar of Christ. And an anointing by God doesn't just go away because someone wants to retire, it lasts forever. Benedict was, according to Catholic teaching, anointed by God to be Vicar of Christ. "Francis" can't also be anointed to be Vicar of Christ. So "Francis" election was not valid, IMHO.

AP News - Pope Francis Calls American Catholics 'Backwards'

ROME (AP) — Pope Francis has blasted the “backwardness” of some conservatives in the U.S. Catholic Church, saying they have replaced faith with ideology and that a correct understanding of Catholic doctrine allows for change over time.

The 86-year-old Argentine acknowledged his point, saying there was “a very strong, organized, reactionary attitude” in the U.S. church, which he called “backward.” He warned that such an attitude leads to a climate of closure, which was erroneous.

“Doing this, you lose the true tradition and you turn to ideologies to have support. In other words, ideologies replace faith,” he said.

“The vision of the doctrine of the church as a monolith is wrong,” he added. “When you go backward, you make something closed off, disconnected from the roots of the church,” which then has devastating effects on morality.

“I want to remind these people that backwardness is useless, and they must understand that there’s a correct evolution in the understanding of questions of faith and morals,” that allows for doctrine to progress and consolidate over time.

Francis has previously acknowledged the criticism directed at him from some U.S. conservatives, once quipping that it was an “honor” to be attacked by Americans

edit on 8/29/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Meh the entirety of catholicism and Christianity is Marxist. Hell, Christians want global genocide for all of the unbelievers. Throw us in a lake of fire if I remember correctly. The abrahamic religions preach hatred, genocide, slavery, rape, conquering, and more.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but a religion that has spent decades and millions-if not billions- of dollars protecting priests who've harmed children in the worst ways possible is irrelevant in my world.

Why people continue to follow and support the Catholic church is beyond me; it's not like they aren't still getting caught doing the same thing currently.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Can I sue all organized religion for F’ing up the entire human race, and the planet?
Move to things that are not ancient fairytales?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is what was said in the private meeting:

During the meeting, a Portuguese Jesuit told Francis that he had suffered during a recent sabbatical year in the United States because he came across many Catholics, including some U.S. bishops, who criticized Francis’ 10-year papacy as well as today’s Jesuits.

The 86-year-old Argentine acknowledged his point, saying there was “a very strong, organized, reactionary attitude” in the U.S. church, which he called “backward.” He warned that such an attitude leads to a climate of closure, which was erroneous.

“Doing this, you lose the true tradition and you turn to ideologies to have support. In other words, ideologies replace faith,” he said.

apnews.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Is this the same church that is considering changing "Our Father" to a gender neutral term in The Lord's Prayer?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is this the same church that is considering changing "Our Father" to a gender neutral term in The Lord's Prayer?

Not officially. There are always radicals trying to do that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I really don't think you can be the Pope and a Marxist at the same time.

"Opiate of the masses" and all that.

Regardless of that Pope Francis continues his predecessor's policy of covering up mass institutional child abuse by his organisation & blocking prosecution of offenders by the authorities so his word should carry no greater authority than that of your average child abuser.

Dozens if not hundreds of books could be written on the corruption and abuses of the Church over it's millennia-long existence and Pope Francis seems dedicated to continuing this "proud" tradition.

Why anyone would remain a part of this church is beyond me.

These criticisms of course also apply to the conservative leadership of the Church in America too. They are deserving of praise only if they are dedicated to cleaning up their cesspit of a Church. Otherwise this is just a shouting match between a bunch of perverted old men in stupid hats.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I really don't think you can be the Pope and a Marxist at the same time.

He seems to be doing a good job of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fiddling with nonsense like climate change, while the Church burns from within.

Who has it backwards, Francis?

Anyway he knows he won't be pope much longer due to health, and is trying to stack the College of Cardinals so his successor is even worse than him. If he's trying to goad another breakaway denomination he just might get it.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Satanwasframed

Ha, good one. You are so wrong, but very amusing. Keep it up!

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Satanwasframed
Meh the entirety of catholicism and Christianity is Marxist. Hell, Christians want global genocide for all of the unbelievers. Throw us in a lake of fire if I remember correctly. The abrahamic religions preach hatred, genocide, slavery, rape, conquering, and more.

On the money.
Global genocide would also be history repeating itself.

They should pay taxes as well.

Religion is just politics with an “immortal being” in charge.
All fakers. The whole lot of them.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm beginning to finally realize 90% of ATS posters have absolutely no idea what Marxism actually is...

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft
Please inform me how I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Satanwasframed
Muslims preach the same garbage.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'm beginning to finally realize 90% of ATS posters have absolutely no idea what Marxism actually is...

Abolishment of private property, eliminating high incomes, taxing to the max any inheritance etc. Basically the government owns it all and you don't own squat, similar to good ole communism.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

This is not Marxist philosophy... and is the pope indicating any of these things?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I totally agree, it's thrown around like an insult to suspected left leaning politics.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight
Totally agree. That's why I included "abrahamic religions" in the end. Just covering my bases hahhahahahah

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

American public schools are worse as far as the number of incidents as compared to the Catholic Church. It's the hypocrisy of the Church combined with their response that's appalling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join