It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yevgeny Prigozhin killed in plane crash near Moscow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dollars to doughnuts the "Offical Kremlin Report" will read:

"Cause determined to be due to Pilot Error and/or Mechanical Failure due to faulty maintenance";

Blame those "Western sanctions" for a shortage of private jet parts!
edit on 23-8-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wasn't he the biggest threat to Putin's reign?
I'm sure that is just a coincidence....😂

link   

originally posted by: malte85

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Every chance the French secret services are behind this, Prigozhin has been a thorn in their side when it comes to de-stabalising their influence in west Africa

I rather think that all western intelligence services have only thought of the following: wait and see.

You could be right mate. Thing is the French and Ruskies behind the mask are rather close. Vlad could have planned this with them

link   
The group are already threatening Putin , "They better hope he's alive or Russia is going to have some serious consequences"

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Only 8 bodies recovered so far...hmmmm...was he even on it?

And if he was on it...who is stealing from whose playbook? Putin stealing from the Clintons or vice versa?
edit on 23-8-2023 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Every chance the French secret services are behind this, Prigozhin has been a thorn in their side when it comes to de-stabalising their influence in west Africa

Coincidentally on the day Prigozhin was removed from the sky his ally General Sergei Surovikin is reported by State media to have been removed from his post , this has the mark of Putin's retribution all over it.

Still at work mate and just came in from outside to hear about Surovikin going too. Totally agree it's one heck of a coincidence

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Coincidentally on the day Prigozhin was removed from the sky his ally General Sergei Surovikin is reported by State media to have been removed from his post , this has the mark of Putin's retribution all over it.

Prigozhin's family are off to the cinema tonight.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

could the general be fired for giving the order to shoot down the plane? Is that the spin to eliminate one via death and the other via jail?

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Was Prigozhin even on the plane or was his double executed instead? Whatever comes out from Moscow's state controlled MSM I'd take it with a gigantic piece of salt

There are so many plausible scenarios, the one I believe the least is the news story coming from Moscow. I'd like to know who else was on the plane, Are they associated with Prigozhin? So many unanswered questions

Hearing it was allegedly shot down? north of Moscow.

Hell, they could have had Prigozhin this whole time, tortured the hell out of him, and then put him on the one-way flight alive or dead.

It's not like we are going to an NTSB or coroners report.

Totally agree mate, whatever comes out of Moscow's MSM is to be treated with caution to say the least. As Alldaylong said months ago......... "they just talk sh*t"

I can't quite believe he's dead for real. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been given a new identity and been moved to a nice retirement somewhere under Russia's control. Great to speculate on this is proper ATS stuff

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
The group are already threatening Putin , "They better hope he's alive or Russia is going to have some serious consequences"

That's a good point , from what I've read over the months his core fighters are extremely loyal to Prigozhin , how they will take this could prove troublesome for Putin.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've just watched the video for the first time.

My first reaction was, would a plane fall out of the sky like that? I can understand how maybe a helicopter would but wouldn't a plane have some sort of forward momentum and thus not drop out of the sky like a lead weight?

I openly admit I'm no expert of any kind on things like this, just my initial reaction and thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

My first reaction was, would a plane fall out of the sky like that?

If it's been shot down it would , here's a Russian warplane falling after being shot down.

link   
Derp
edit on 23-8-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl

edit on 23-8-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's a good point , from what I've read over the months his core fighters are extremely loyal to Prigozhin , how they will take this could prove troublesome for Putin.

The people so far seem to be behind Putin.

Some are saying they’re not shocked. Some are skeptical until further news comes out.

But no mass crowds or pitchforks are out.

We’ll see what the investigation shows more as time goes on.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

The people so far seem to be behind Putin.

Some are saying they’re not shocked. Some are skeptical until further news comes out.

But no mass crowds or pitchforks are out.

We’ll see what the investigation shows more as time goes on.

Not the People Russia needs to worry about it's the Wagner Group

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Dead or alive, this will likely have serious consequences for Putin.

If the plane was shot down by Russian forces, either Putin ordered it, or Russian Air defenses acted without authorization; further evidence of incompetence, or a possible harbinger of potential mutiny.

If the plane was blown out if the sky by a bomb on-board, either Putin ordered it, or someone close enough to Prigozhin (and therefore, to Putin himself) to have access to the plane, planted the bomb.That someone could be planning to plant another bomb in Putin's lap.

If Prigozhin's Wagner Group loyalists believe either of the two scenarios above, they might turn on Putin.

We've already seen how effective a Wagner-lead insurrection could be; so has Putin.

Just goes to show, "Never make a Martyr of your Enemy".

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks, would never have expected something like that unless the plane is falling more or less nose first.

Moving forward it will be interesting to see how Wagner react to this if it is confirmed that Prigozhin is amongst the fatalities.
As loyal as they are to him losing their beloved and charismatic leader could quite easily leave them directionless and factions could easily start in-fighting.

I don't think the majority of Russian people will be unduly concerned and I doubt very much there'll be many protests - I might be wrong. Prigozhin himself certainly didn't have the level of support Navalny has prior to his arrest.
And the Russian people seem to be conditioned into accepting that is how political opponents are treat.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Footage from the crash site of Prigozhin's plane. You can see numerous holes from the striking elements of a missile (an air defense system)!

Photos of wreckage: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join