It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence says Ukraine will fail to meet offensive’s key goal.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but you have to admit I've been right so far:

First Russia was supposed to win in three days, then two weeks, then their whole army was supposed to be stuck on the roads, then Ukraine was supposed to run out of shells/soldiers, then everyone thought Russia was finished when they had to flee from Kherson and Kharkiv, then it was seven months of Bakhmut will the won't they, then it was the Russian spring offensive, then the Ukrainian summer offensive. What will be the next spectacle?

You have to understand that this is a war that neither side was truly prepared for. So even just getting production going takes a couple years minimum.

How about you all just admit you were manipulated by the military industrial complex into cheerleading for a corrupt government that was willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of it's young men for a proxy war you all were cheerleading for?

I don't want to be dishonest, so I can't admit that. I always said it was a terrible idea to start this war, and I've been right so far. Ukrainians value their freedom.

Yet here we are, you claiming people are falling for "media hype". You literally can't make this up.

Wake up man. The media is not your friend, they're just in it to make money and keep you hypnotized.
edit on 18-8-2023 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

It’s Washington Post. I know. But no amount of spin anywhere
can hide how bad this hailed counteroffensive has actually failed.

What would be a success? Shouldn't big bad Russia see Kyiv in the distance by now? The Ruble hit an unworkable level at 100 per dollar, so there are a lot of war fronts going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

The military experts on Fox News say we should have treated Ukraine as if it was Washington DC that was invaded by Russia.

I think we'd all be dead now.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh so it was another one of Biden’s huge transfer of wealth like he did in Afghanistan and now that all the money is transferred and they have made their soldiers make an attempt to look like they’re engaged in actual warfare with a nation they really can beat if we just pay them enough, shucks it fails and they promise they spent every dime! What another scam this is and Biden is becoming one of the richest men in the world. With filthy corrupt Ukraine right at his side! Wonder how much the taliban paid Biden to equip them….
edit on 8/18/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
The only person whom I've come to trust about this whole proxy fuster cluck is Col. Douglas Macgregor

So two weeks ago he suggested Russia would cross the river and take Odesa and it looks like Ukraine crossed the river instead and is pushing south, so how is you reading on that?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

So Ukraine could go back to murdering it's own citizens?

So Russia blowing up the whole country killing along the way to make their little proxy war in Dombas look like a playground scuffle is all good? Russia played a huge role in why there was fighting for 8 years in Donbas, and they are literally flatting the country and all you seem to talk about is oh Ukraine fought separatists backed by Russia, and that makes Ukraine bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Do you not realize that Russia is bleeding the west's military infrastructure? This is a long game.

The longer this proxy war drags on, the more of it's own critcal materiel the west is dumping into that black hole that's called Ukraine. The more of it's own materiel that the west (especially the United States) dumps into Ukraine, the less it has to defend itself.

Most analysts agree that the reason the US sent cluster bombs is because the US military is running out of other munitions. Do you not understand what a position that puts the US in? Better yet, what position it puts Russia in?

There was a line in the movie Hunt For Red October. A US Admiral said:

Russians don't take a dump without a plan. And senior captains don't start something this dangerous without having thought the matter through.

Underestimating your enemy is the biggest mistake one can make in a conflict, and NATO and the west has decide to make Russia its enemy.

:
edit on 2023 8 18 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Without critical air to air support i don't think we should expect a lot.

Russia still got plenty of attack helicopters to deal with armor columns.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How can Ukraine form any offensive when they don't have the ammunition? Quote from NATOs Jens Stoltenberg "Ukraine is using ammo faster than NATO can make them".

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I have to ask, what are you afraid of exactly, who is going to attack the West? Who do you think the military infrastructure should be used against?

Most analysts agree that the reason the US sent cluster bombs is because the US military is running out of other munitions. Do you not understand what a position that puts the US in? Better yet, what position it puts Russia in?

A desperate position. The longer it goes on the more time we have to raise our currently very small artillery shell industries, while Russia is throwing everything they have just to possibly win in Eastern Ukraine.

Using clusterbombs is absolutely a sound decision for reducing the need for shells, among other reasons. But like I said, people have been panicking over shells running out for over a year now. They won't run out on either side. Ukraine and Russia are just forced to use less to make sure they last.

Just take a deep breathe and calm down, the world isn't ending.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: incoserv

I have to ask, what are you afraid of exactly, who is going to attack the West? Who do you think the military infrastructure should be used against?

A desperate position. The longer it goes on the more time we have to raise our currently very small artillery shell industries, while Russia is throwing everything they have just to possibly win in Eastern Ukraine.

Using clusterbombs is absolutely a sound decision for reducing the need for shells, among other reasons. But like I said, people have been panicking over shells running out for over a year now. They won't run out on either side. Ukraine and Russia are just forced to use less to make sure they last.

Just take a deep breathe and calm down, the world isn't ending.

So how is a Ukrainian offensive gonna work with no air support and using fewer artillery shells than they are burning through daily now?

We haven't even touched on air defense systems munitions and the fact that Russian electronic jamming capabilities have wreaked havoc on NATO's battle plan

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"I'll Be Blunt, It's Failed," Says Congressional Ukraine Caucus Co-Chair On Offensive

Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), a co-chair of the congressional Ukraine Caucus, said this week that he’s not sure if the Ukraine war is "winnable" and called for the US to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to pursue peace talks.

"I’m not sure it’s winnable anymore," Harris added. His comments are a sign that the new $24 billion in spending on the Ukraine war that the White House has asked Congress to approve won’t receive as much support as previous packages.

When asked if he would support another tranche of spending on the war, Harris said:

"If there is humanitarian monies, nonmilitary monies, or military monies without an inspector general, I’m not supporting it."

President Biden’s request includes economic and humanitarian assistance and no additional oversight for military aid.
www.zerohedge.com...

That last bit isn't surprising considering the Bidens think there's no oversight at all for them, so why should their Ukrainian laundry mat businesses have rules either?

Smh.

edit on 8/18/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Did you read my other post? Like I said I don't expect anything from the offensive. I think they should mostly defend, attack opportunistically to keep the Russians spread out across the outer edge of this half moon shaped front that makes movement harder. Just conserve their strength until they have more jets, then maybe it's time to cut the land bridge to Crimea.

And what makes you think they're using less shells during the offensive? You should save them for when they're most useful.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To be honest we know little to nothing about this counter offensive. The lid has be screwed down tight. It could be they are keeping it all quiet for strategic purposes. It is more likely because they have basically screwed up the offensive monumentally and effectively squandered the equipment given to them.

Used correctly those frontline western tanks should have smashed through the Russian lines and wrought havoc. Instead they seem to have blundered into known minefields. Used the tanks in one and twos. Proceeded at a snails pace presenting easy targets and just making most every mistake in the book.

No air cover for a real Blitzkrieg - but they should have moved quicker, in force and punched through the Russian lines with speed and ferocity.

They would have had the full planning capacity of NATO behind them as well, which is worrying.

Or I suppose it could all be going exactly to plan and the Russian lines are actually about to collapse. Guess we might or might not see. I imagine if there is a breakthrough we will know about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Did you read my other post? Like I said I don't expect anything from the offensive. I think they should mostly defend, attack opportunistically to keep the Russians spread out across the outer edge of this half moon shaped front that makes movement harder. Just conserve their strength until they have more jets, then maybe it's time to cut the land bridge to Crimea.

And what makes you think they're using less shells during the offensive? You should save them for when they're most useful.

You inferred all they needed to do was conserve their shell usage and wait. While all indications are a Ukrainian offensive is already occurring and unfortunately is not seeing the Russian defensive position being overrun. Supposedly significant fighting all along the Doneskt front. They are likely shelling the hell out of each other. In other words they ain't waiting

The 155s are still having supply issues even with pledges to do more. Sure the US thinks they can ramp up supply to 18,000 a month by September 2025. 2 years from now, Ukraine will be on fumes by then

I've heard estimates Ukraine is burning through 4000-6000 rounds a day of 155s alone and on the heavier days up to 9000.
Regardless we don't know how effective the shelling is, but it will be essential if they are indeed in an offensive phase they are burning through munitions.

FWIW the only way they have a chance is to break that 3-1 troop advantage Russia now has a defending force, just defending the heavily defended eastern oblasts. With no air support, they can't conserve any munitions artillery was an area they had howitzers in depth

Not to mention the Ukrainians are up against proving they can make a push

I agree they need to hold and limit their losses, but Russia isn't going to leave the occupied areas without pressure, and even then there will still be daily shelling and munitions use.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   

What are these indications you mention? Are they on that map?

2 years from now, Ukraine will be on fumes by then

People have been saying this the whole and it's all based on rumor and no logic. What are the numbers you're basing this on?

FWIW the only way they have a chance is to break that 3-1 troop advantage Russia now has a defending force, just defending the heavily defended eastern oblasts. With no air support, they can't conserve any munitions artillery was an area they had howitzers in depth

Again, what are the numbers here? And do you disagree with what I said? What makes you think they can't conserve them just because they don't have air superiority?

Not to mention the Ukrainians are up against proving they can make a push

That's true, and I'm saying they shouldn't actually invest in that too much. More of a propaganda issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1986

I don't see why they'd do that. A mass armored attack without air superiority would just give the Russian air force an easy target.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Talks about past Ukrainian “offensives” can’t be compared here.

Those territories were NO WHERE near as drawn or fortified like there are in the south and east. As we can see.

So drop that sh** line of thinking.

edit on 19-8-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Exactly

They say generals always prepare to fight the last war, but in this case there's already been three or four distinct phases in this war and you've got to adapt your strategy to each one.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Exactly

They say generals always prepare to fight the last war, but in this case there's already been three or four distinct phases in this war and you've got to adapt your strategy to each one.

You’re in the wrong thread.

There’s categories about Paranormal Studies, perhaps you were trying to go to?

You’re not making any sense.

While propping/defending a complete and utter last Ukrainian offensive failure.

edit on 19-8-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join