It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I came from the special military operation in Ukraine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: turretless

Considering your position from before you were deployed this is an interesting development.

What are your thoughts on Wagner's attempted coup?

Did you guys even known that happened?

Yes. I knew it happened.

At that time, I was in an isolation ward for a week with vomiting and diarrhea. (The isolation ward was located in a village not far from our military positions.)

Some of us turned on the FM radio on his walkie-talkie and we heard about the rebellion of the Wagner private military company and that the president was preparing an addres to the people about this. Later we heard this addres to the people - en.kremlin.ru...

As far as I understood, a few weeks before that, the Russian Ministry of Defense tried to take control of all private military companies by offering them some kind of contract. Apparently, accepting this contract, the head of the company, Wagner, lost a lot of money and power, and therefore decided to take such a desperate step.

However, I do not claim this as a fact, since I am infinitely far from both the leadership of the Ministry of Defense and the leadership of Wagner.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: greendust
Sir, I do not personally care if Russia or Ukraine wins this. I think Russia will just because they have more forces and better logistics. My only thing to give you hope possibly is that I do not want to spend a single more cent on this war via my government and there are many like me and our numbers are growing.

Also, I find that this guys youtube page allows me to see the reality of the day to day battlefield lines and news without propaganda from either side:

www.youtube.com...@militarysummary

Not sure if you can view it, but I have been watching for months now and it seems this is a real meatgrinder and I feel sorry for all of you in that place suffering through this - on both sides. Hopefully soon this war will end and you can go home and live a better life.

Your link to YouTube is not fully visible and therefore does not open for me.

What's the difference how many people you do not want to pay for Ukraine?

Does your government listen to your opinion?

Sadly the current regime does not. It seems to be in their personal interest to continue this. Also you have alot of people that get warboners. As well as they have been convinced since soviet times that Russia is our enemy. Its all very dangerous and sad. However, the current regime is losing credibility by the day. At times it seems they are so desperate to keep their power that they are willing to suspend our legacy as a Republic. Pretty much it seems that like much of the world we are led by weirdo billionaires who have - in my opinion - evil plans for all of us no matter where we are on this planet. Regardless, there are signs that they are beginning to see this event as a losing cause. Sorry this isnt a very good paragraph. Its just all so pointless and stupid and alot of people are beginniing to understand that.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

A question. do you have a digging tool or shovel? If you can,get a whetstone and sharpen a edge on it. The side is best if its the russian digging tool. makes a good axe/cutting tool for small branches.

Now we have quite a lot of shovels.

Last year there were fewer of them and the soil then was November and therefore frozen.

But the main reason why then it was necessary to use special construction equipment is that the soldiers could not put the container themselves (even if we imagine that they could dig a huge amount of earth to install the container in the frozen ground).

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Great ta hear from you .
Thought about you the other night while reading a thread on this .
Stay safe , friend .
(Pssst , don't let us know all the details of your leave. That may not be within T&C's

Thank you.

Of course, I'm not going to disclose here information that will help to bombard my unit.

I was speaking moreso of personal stuff...
What happens on leave , stays on leave.

I don't rape small children and I don't dig up corpses in a cemetery.

Therefore, for me there is no problem in telling what I do on vacation.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I am very pleased to hear you're okay Turretless! And I hope you continue to stay safe until this pointless war (IMO) ends.

Whilst I totally disapprove of Putin and what he has done, I still consider the Russian people to be friends and I think most people in the UK, Europe, USA and beyond would say the same. We are all victims together.

If you are a friend of the Russian people, then let them have the power that they themselves have chosen.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

It's great to see you back safe and sound, Turretless... you have been missed.

I'm hoping that this senseless war ends and that you and everyone else can return to civilian life.

Enjoy your brief vacation... Toasting to your good health and praying for your safety.

Cin-Cin...

I thank you and the tequila in my stomach agrees with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalyBird
Any War must be called a war. Not "operation".

Whether it is a war or not depends on how you define the word war.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

If Russia does ever succeed in conquering the whole, or even most, of Ukraine they will forcibly relocate millions of Ukrainians to the remotest parts of Russia whilst 'encouraging' mass Russian migration to Ukraine.

People already believe the myth - I'm being kind and not calling it a lie - that the people of Russian origin living throughout Luhansk and Donetsk are in the majority there and have lived in the region for centuries.

By far the vast majority are descended from Russians who were forcibly relocated their by Stalin during his Great Industrialisation programmes of the 50's.

Before writing this, did you try to find out who and when founded the cities of modern eastern Ukraine?

By the way, we had a historical background on this topic - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Find a way to not die for that ugly dogface Putin.
You don’t deserve to die for his ego.

Whether I live or die does not depend on me (and not even on Putin).

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
Welcome back brother! Much love and support to you

🇷🇺🐻

Thank you for your energetic welcome.

I continue my story.

We still remain in these military positions.

After the month of May had passed, we were reassigned to another division. And the military leadership decided to change our specializations. Our regiment (where people are already used to each other) began to shuffle like a deck of cards. New units of anti-aircraft gunners, mortars, anti-tank guided missiles, artillery, commandant's company, etc. appeared. As a result, from the shooter of a motorized rifle company, I became a soldier of a mortar platoon.

We settled in the same strip of forest as my former motorized rifle company, but we were forced to dig new dugouts and trenches for ourselves with shovels throughout June-July.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hey, what prompted you to read the Bhagavad Gita? Also, have you worked up any views on Karma & Reincarnation, as a result?

Btw have you ever heard anything about general Alexander Lebed being discussed on the battlefield or back at home?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyNut
Good to hear you are safe and I don't pick sides with war, war is never a good thing but I believe both sides are heroes in there actions. Good job fighting for your country.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I continue my story.

As far as I understand, for the entire time our regiment in the LPR, only our artillery and mortar units were directly involved in hostilities (I did not participate because I am not a member of a mortar crew).

Nevertheless, in other units of our regiment there are victims from Ukrainian shells that exploded at our military positions. I don't know how many there were during that time. As far as I understand, this is a few dozen people.

As far as I know, neither in the platoon of the motorized rifle company in which I was before, nor in my current mortar platoon, not a single person died.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Sir, I do not personally care if Russia or Ukraine wins this. I think Russia will just because they have more forces and better logistics. My only thing to give you hope possibly is that I do not want to spend a single more cent on this war via my government and there are many like me and our numbers are growing.

Also, I find that this guys youtube page allows me to see the reality of the day to day battlefield lines and news without propaganda from either side:

www.youtube.com...@militarysummary

Not sure if you can view it, but I have been watching for months now and it seems this is a real meatgrinder and I feel sorry for all of you in that place suffering through this - on both sides. Hopefully soon this war will end and you can go home and live a better life.

Your link to YouTube is not fully visible and therefore does not open for me.

What's the difference how many people you do not want to pay for Ukraine?

Does your government listen to your opinion?

Sadly the current regime does not. It seems to be in their personal interest to continue this. Also you have alot of people that get warboners. As well as they have been convinced since soviet times that Russia is our enemy. Its all very dangerous and sad. However, the current regime is losing credibility by the day. At times it seems they are so desperate to keep their power that they are willing to suspend our legacy as a Republic. Pretty much it seems that like much of the world we are led by weirdo billionaires who have - in my opinion - evil plans for all of us no matter where we are on this planet. Regardless, there are signs that they are beginning to see this event as a losing cause. Sorry this isnt a very good paragraph. Its just all so pointless and stupid and alot of people are beginniing to understand that.

Now it is interesting to observe all regions of the world (including the internal situation in the United States).

I wonder if Trump will become a criminal or a president?

And if he becomes president again, what can he change?

It will be equally interesting for me to see Biden again as president.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium

Hey, what prompted you to read the Bhagavad Gita? Also, have you worked up any views on Karma & Reincarnation, as a result?

Btw have you ever heard anything about general Alexander Lebed being discussed on the battlefield or back at home?

I read all three books that I asked my relatives to send me to the LPR (including the Bhagavad Gita).

I just wanted to have books filled with great meaning next to me when I have free time.

What can I say after reading the Bhagavad Gita many times? What is the truth, I do not know, but I respect the Bhagavad Gita.

Of course, I know about General Alexander Lebed (after all, he was one of the governors). But at the time he died I was young and not at all interested in politics, so I can not give any valuable information or my thoughts about him.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What can I say after reading the Bhagavad Gita many times? What is the truth, I do not know, but I respect the Bhagavad Gita.
And how much time do you set apart for it? It's admittedly a very challenging book, it was not originally written for non-Hindus.

Do you view it as a historical narrative or as a symbolic work? Generally, mythical Hindu characters are symbols in themselves, just like Hindu gods. Arjuna was not literally a man of action who waged wars.

Just like with the Bible, it's insufficient to update the translations into modern language, not even philology and provided commentaries get to the heart of the matter. The main issue is that the context these passages are found in are overall unsuitable, and the symbols themselves are utterly incomprehensible without first acquiring the prerequisite facts, which must then be inserted into systems.

To spare you the trouble of having to learn Sanskrit language/terminology and from fruitlessly interpreting symbolism, I'll tell you its core theme in simple terms, from a corresponding western work: "Indeed, no man can be good without the help of God. Can one rise superior to fortune unless God helps him to rise? He it is that gives noble and upright counsel." en.wikisource.org...

Of course, I know about General Alexander Lebed (after all, he was one of the governors). But at the time he died I was young and not at all interested in politics, so I can not give any valuable information or my thoughts about him.
How on earth does a general manage to become both a highly competent politician and a popular representative of the people? Which of Putin's generals do you know about, did you get the opportunity to study their mindsets?

So would you say that the circumstances behind Lebed's death are still murky to this day in Russia? I have been looking for corroboration for a certain theory, but I need exact sources to work with. This is not good enough: elektrorostov.ru...
edit on 18-8-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Great ta hear from you .
Stay safe , friend .
(Pssst , don't let us know all the details of your leave. That may not be within T&C's

Thank you.

Of course, I'm not going to disclose here information that will help to bombard my unit.

No way I would mean anything like that toward you .

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium

And how much time do you set apart for it? It's admittedly a very challenging book, it was not originally written for non-Hindus.

Do you view it as a historical narrative or as a symbolic work? Generally, mythical Hindu characters are symbols in themselves, just like Hindu gods. Arjuna was not literally a man of action who waged wars.

Just like with the Bible, it's insufficient to update the translations into modern language, not even philology and provided commentaries get to the heart of the matter. The main issue is that the context these passages are found in are overall unsuitable, and the symbols themselves are utterly incomprehensible without first acquiring the prerequisite facts, which must then be inserted into systems.

To spare you the trouble of having to learn Sanskrit language/terminology and from fruitlessly interpreting symbolism, I'll tell you its core theme in simple terms, from a corresponding western work: "Indeed, no man can be good without the help of God. Can one rise superior to fortune unless God helps him to rise? He it is that gives noble and upright counsel." en.wikisource.org...

How on earth does a general manage to become both a highly competent politician and a popular representative of the people? Which of Putin's generals do you know about, did you get the opportunity to study their mindsets?

So would you say that the circumstances behind Lebed's death are still murky to this day in Russia? I have been looking for corroboration for a certain theory, but I need exact sources to work with. This is not good enough: elektrorostov.ru...

How much free time I have depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I stand guard for hours and there is not much time. Sometimes it rains heavily all day and I lie in my dugout and read this book all the time. But now I've taken it home and I'm going to leave it here. Instead, I will take an e-book reader into which I have already downloaded most of the Russian classical literature and poetry.

I reject this "Cartesian division" into historical narrative and symbolic work. In my opinion, one may well be combined with the other in a single text. The historical events themselves in the divine world must have a deep symbolic meaning.

You are very kind in trying to cut my work short. But I do not consider the work of clarifying the terms, symbols and context of other times and languages a fruitless exercise.

I do not consider General Lebed to be Putin's general. Because the general was already a well-known politician when Putin first came to work in Moscow.

Excuse me, but now I do not intend to help you with the search for information on General Lebed. Two-thirds of my vacation has already passed and therefore I am going to spend the remaining third on something that is interesting and useful to me personally.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Great ta hear from you .
Stay safe , friend .

Thank you.

No way I would mean anything like that toward you .

Now I'm going to have a cup of tea with marmalade and go to visit relatives.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm glad that you spend your leisure time on this meditation, most people back at home probably squander their lives on meaningless, trivial things.

Which books of Russian poets have you downloaded? I've only read Gogol and Pushkin.

I reject this "Cartesian division" into historical narrative and symbolic work. In my opinion, one may well be combined with the other in a single text.
Well, I do not proceed from Descartes' methodology, I actually reject the artificial division between body and spirit.

I was thinking more along the lines of Thomas Jefferson, who believed one must omit the historical framework and focus mainly on the message.

I think you might take a liking to this user's article: old.reddit.com... "My view is that there's actually a richness and depth to the Bible that is impossible to access if you don't open up yourself in an abstract, symbolic and emotional way, with constant revision of your view of it."

But I do not consider the work of clarifying the terms, symbols and context of other times and languages a fruitless exercise.
Oh I didn't mean to say it was fruitless, just that this is a work for scholars and philologists. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that the essential teachings contained in Bhagavad-Gita can also be read in more accessible works.

The historical events themselves in the divine world must have a deep symbolic meaning.
How so?
___

On Lebed:

I do not consider General Lebed to be Putin's general.
Oh I wasn't asking that, I was asking about Surovikin and Gerasimov. They don't seem close to Putin anymore, or maybe they never were; after the coup, they haven't been seen much in public.

I do not intend to help you with the search for information on General Lebed.
Fair enough, one of these days I'll get around to building up a case, based on reliable sources, for the convenience of Westerners.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
New weapons and beta testing them in the field is typical of the old red shield business of being weapons traders and manufacturing wars to show the real world field results of it...

Much in the same way the Vietnamese war was manufactured to field test the M16 that after "intelligence" said war was occurring there between the Northern and Southern Vietnamese. Whatever the M16 was up against was also being beta tested in a similar manner by what would have been called the opposition.

Meaning how would a gold standard weapon work that is tried in true in the hands of the non military trained that were dropped there to end the skirmish and when it didn't cease it? Then how would it defend against a well trained military with the battle untested M16?

As people know from the whole thing being documented in full color film; Not too good on either side and it wasn't until the field beta upgrades to the weapon started hitting the supplies did it turn the tides of it.

The same thing occurred in Asia once before in the rice wars... Where the farmers used to have to give up all their rice and wait to be paid back in rice and when it turned into starve the death or eat each other and both those were occurring and heard that the so called rulers were wasting rice to drink luxurious sake while they starved or had to resort to eat each other then the farmer class knowing the effects of drunkenness beat the living crap out of the Bushido class well trained paid fed and armed with swords from the ruling class with bamboo rakes and hoes.

edit on 19-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join