It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian tsars did not know that they were founding Ukrainian cities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

You can argue as much as you like that Ukraine is an ancient state, and Ukrainians are an ancient people. But a little over 100 years ago, not a single historical source mentioned the words "Ukraine" and "Ukrainians." I, as a lover of antiques, will pay any money for coins, stamps, banknotes, historical documents until 1918, where there is the name "Ukraine" and "Ukrainians". I can state that the invention of the artificial nation "Ukrainians" at the end of the 19th century by the General Staff of the Austro-Hungarian Empire turned out to be tenacious.

Today I want to present you with historical facts about who and when founded the cities of the east and south of modern so-called Ukraine.

Kharkov - founded in 1630 by the Russian Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov. Little Russians settled there, fleeing the Polish genocide on the right bank of the Dnieper.

Sumy - founded no later than 1655 by the Russian Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov. The tsar allowed refugees to settle in Sumy - Little Russians, who were killed by the Poles.

Kirovograd - was founded in 1754 by the Russian Empress Elizaveta Petrovna under the name Elizavetgrad, as a fortress to protect the southern borders of Russia from the Tatars.

Zaporozhye - founded in 1770 by the Russian Empress Catherine 2 under the name of Aleksandrovsk.

Krivoy Rog - founded in 1775 by Catherine II.

Dnepropetrovsk - founded in 1776 by Catherine II under the name Yekaterinoslav.

Kherson - founded in 1778 by Catherine II for the construction of the Russian fleet. The Russian prince Potemkin built the fleet and the city.

Mariupol - founded in 1778 by Catherine 2. She allowed the Greeks - immigrants from the Crimea to live there.

Nikolaev - founded in 1789 by Catherine 2. At that time, the Russian prince Potemkin was building the ship "Saint Nicholas" there.

Odessa - founded in 1794 by Catherine 2 on the site of a fortress built there earlier by the Russian commander Alexander Suvorov.

Lugansk - founded in 1795 by Catherine II. People from the central and northwestern provinces of Russia came here to work at the iron foundry.

Donetsk - founded by the Russian Emperor Alexander 2 in 1869 during the construction of a metallurgical plant in Yuzovka.

And across the Crimea.

Sevastopol - founded in 1783 by Catherine 2 on the site of a fortress built earlier by commander Alexander Suvorov. The city was built by the Russian prince Potemkin.

Simferopol - founded in 1784 by Catherine II. The city was built by Potemkin on the site of the military camp of the Russian commander Suvorov.

All this territory was then called Little Russia and New Russia, and the Crimea, Kherson and Zaporozhye were part of the Tauride province of Russia.

Here is such a story. And the ancestors of the current president of Ukraine in those days kept a tavern in Poland.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Even old New York was once New Amsterdam.
Why'd they change it, I can't say.
People just liked it better that way.
edit on 15-5-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: Take me back to Constantinople

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
They have history with Russia but they are not russians, you know how countries started ? Like minded people gathered together and used same language and had same ethnic backgrounds. Ukrainians are not russians, russia is not their native language and their cyrillic writing is also different from russia.

I think after WW1 Ukrainians wanted to break free from Russia and declared people republic of Ukraine, prior that there Ukrainian cossack leader made first constitution 1710 with equality and human rights even before US did, but Russians forced it down. So if you don´t see the pattern of Ukraine wanting to be without Russia you are blind.

If you look how early Humans moved from Africa to Europe you will realize that Ukrainians were there first, they settled their land before Russians settled theirs.

Ukraine just want to break free from Russian dictatorship

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

IN THE USA:

Moscow - 8 cities (Idaho, Wisconsin, Kansas, Maryland, Maine, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee)

Volga - 2 cities (Iowa, South Dakota)

Nikolaevsk - 1 city (Alaska)

Petersburg - 12 cities (Alaska, Virginia, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas)
St. Petersburg - 2 cities (Pennsylvania, Florida)

Russia - 2 cities (New York, Ohio)

Sebastopol - 2 cities (California, Mississippi)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

London, Manchester and Liverpool are also not British cities.
After the denazification of Ukraine, Russia will take over Britain)))

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I’m not saying your wrong brother, but history can be wrong, that fact is coming to fruition as time goes on, they are counting on taking out a generation to shorten the story timeline.
Some of the most sane people I know are on this site, and I don’t even know them.

History never repeats,

Unless, we let it.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

So it seems World is dealing with Megalomaniac Putin and his Megalomaniac little helpers...

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Please, nobody after that megalomaniac comment mention Trump you’re just look like the biggest douche a reply to: dollukka

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

So it seems World is dealing with Megalomaniac Putin and his Megalomaniac little helpers...

I observe here exclusively the megalomania of the British members of my "fan club".

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Scubalicious

My view is european not american.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Some argue the Russian revolution wasn't a progressive one, it was a extremely conservative one to undo, and reset what the Romanovs had done to the region and build forward from there, ukraine becoming a soviet state is prime evidence of that since it was one of the first things the bolsheviks put forward.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There are left and right everywhere I’ve been around the world

a reply to: dollukka

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

Ahh, the college days.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Blah blah blah, more spurious Russian propaganda, imagine that.

Freedom to Ukraine and down with the Russian invasion.

And Kyiv predates the founding of Moscow by 665 years.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Scubalicious

Then you should realise, the world, never mind the people in it, are somewhat more complex an affair than the simplistic right vs left black and white mentality you somehow imagine to be the colours of the day.

Shades of grey Scubalicious.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 15-5-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: Laika come home

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   

After the denazification of Ukraine, Russia will take over Britain))

Please, try it.

Good luck and see you on the frontline.

edit on 15/5/22 by Freeborn because: Fix quote

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

After the denazification of Ukraine, Russia will take over Britain))

Please, try it.

Good luck and see you on the frontline.

We can meet at the front line only in Ukraine. Only Russian rockets will be visiting Britain on a friendly visit)))

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Don't be silly.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

And what do you imagine our nuclear boats and accompanying ICBM will do to Russian cities?

That's another war you cannot win so should not really consider fighting RussianTroll.

Beginning to be rather the pattern where Russia is concerned in this century.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join