It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert- French base in Niger surrounded by thousands of coup supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Let’s be honest. Most of these coups end up pillaging the land as much or more than colonial influence.

Time will tell.

Let’s be honest?
Well be honest and admit you havnt a clue what’s going on in Niger

As for the validity of relations with a power, why
Europe needs Niger energy, not slavery

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That’s what I am thinking but, havnt seen any evidence, care to share or just pissing in the wind
Deny ignorance, not speak ignorance
Have you noticed African countries welcoming Russia and China while trying to remove NATO countries
Why do you think

Irrespective, what you accuse China of doing is exactly what France had done for centuries, except, France in Niger has spent nothing on infrastructure, in context of what they take

Just justifying or maybe ignoring EU/US government corruption and excusing it, how very patriotic
A country that accepts and allows corrupt leaders, stained hands, stained people

Not that you will watch it, let’s be honest, imagine researching your opinion for ats?

m.youtube.com...
edit on 11-8-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

American bases have been in Europe since the end of world war two, to an impartial observer it would look like they invaded and never left.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Let’s be honest?
Well be honest and admit you havnt a clue what’s going on in Niger

Sure, I bet there’s some kind of liberation movement implication. We can set a reminder for a few years out if you want and we can see how it plays out.

I’ll throw my prediction out. The coup screws everyone over, and anyone who does deals with them does the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The new Silk Road.

If I lived in Africa, which I don’t, I’d still be more skeptical of the obviously authoritarian governments.

The west has its problems, which I’d love to fix, but damn the east looks rough.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Clearly you didnt watch the youtube link
Embrace ignorance

Guess you are from the US, cos its clear, your ineptitude allows the corruption at the top of your political system
You US Americans deserve Biden
Land of the free, land of the useless and lazy

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Bringing a more equal society. In the west they as you probably know are not for the people, mostly serving big money, banks, company's, you could even say it has not that different as like in the middle ages, where you had castles and keeping the folks poor where they stealed from the poor and enjoyed their luxury in their castles. Where the common voice is not heard or cared for.

The coup leaders in NIger will become warlords and the poor africans in niger will remain poor.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Bringing a more equal society. In the west they as you probably know are not for the people, mostly serving big money, banks, company's, you could even say it has not that different as like in the middle ages, where you had castles and keeping the folks poor where they stealed from the poor and enjoyed their luxury in their castles. Where the common voice is not heard or cared for.

The coup leaders in NIger will become warlords and the poor africans in niger will remain poor.

What?
how are you so ignorant, why are Westerners so ignorant about this
The coup leaders are not French/US stooges, the coup leaders deposed the US/French stooge governments who made Niger one of the poorest countries in the world
The US and France have been undermining the people in Niger for decades, its common knowledge

NATO will go in and kill as many people in Niger as they can to secure cheap energy resources for Europe. The US and France are the true warlords, suppressing Niger people for resources
China and Russia are liberators
Wake up, the US and France are the corrupt, criminals, its obvious. Its been obvious since Biden got mixed up in Ukraine, how can you not see this.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

If they get kicked out of overseas places, they will simply loot what's left of their homeland because it is what that type of person does.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Clearly you didnt watch the youtube link
Embrace ignorance

Guess you are from the US, cos its clear, your ineptitude allows the corruption at the top of your political system
You US Americans deserve Biden
Land of the free, land of the useless and lazy

Ah man, you caught me.

I didn’t watch the video you had in a response to someone else.

Now America gets Biden again because I don’t watch all the YouTube videos posted here 😔

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No the US doesn’t get Biden because of you and a YouTube video, you get Biden because your citizens are to spineless to remove the corruption that permeates your country and the globe.
Land of the free, fooling yourselves

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I’m sure it’s unique to America.

Everyone else has citizens that watch all the posted YouTube videos, and participate to have the bestest gobernments.

🥱

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

American bases have been in Europe since the end of world war two, to an impartial observer it would look like they invaded and never left.

Got a single shred of verifiable evidence that we forced our bases on western europe?

You could make an argument for western germany, but the even then at any point they could have said get out.

ETA:

On topic, not a whole lot of example of military taking over that worked out well for the regular people of any nation.

I get it that the current trend is only the west is evil, but They need to show they are better before they deserve a nugget of well maybe they are ok.
edit on 12-8-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What?
The coup leaders are not French/US stooges, the coup leaders deposed the US/French stooge governments who made Niger one of the poorest countries in the world
The US and France have been undermining the people in Niger for decades, its common knowledge

NATO will go in and kill as many people in Niger as they can to secure cheap energy resources for Europe. The US and France are the true warlords, suppressing Niger people for resources
Wake up, the US and France are the corrupt, criminals, its obvious. Its been obvious since Biden got mixed up in Ukraine, how can you not see this.

SOmlaia would like to have a word about what happens when the so called liberators take over after the west leaves.
They become dictators who exploit their people for their own ends. In short,the military junta will keep power or appoint a puppet to make sure they get all the money and power and screw over the poor africans.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Which is why their own people have so much in the way of personal freedom?
Ha. You funny!

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Ha. You funny!

It’s beyond me that people can’t find the irony in statements like that. Acting as if the west is the most oppressive force on earth while the east has leaders who won’t leave power until they die.

What’s more ironic to me is the Venn diagram where the far left and far right only overlap with praise for China and the nostalgia of a former imperialist Russia.

I’ll admit the many forms of American Exceptionalism I’ve seen pushed in my life come off as disingenuous and off putting. It stifles justified criticisms and discussions on how we need to improve.

But to act as if the west is the epitome of oppression or authoritarianism in this world discounts what most people on earth have to live through.

I can trade in almost any kind of asset on this planet, close to instantaneously. I can buy stocks from countries considered adversaries, I can even do futures, leveraged plays, foreign currency, real estate here and abroad, the list goes on. I can do all that as a private citizen with little to know licensing.

And contrary to what many would have us believe, we can say incredibly provocative things, this isn’t unique to the west but we all know there are parts of the world that can’t do this.

I’m all for being honest about what we need to improve in our homes. But it’s far past disingenuous to act as if Chins and Russia are salvation for humanity and the oppression of the west.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Mabey it is because the USA has been involved in continuous war since the second world war ended, that by historical standards is a fact, making it look like its existence is primarily for that purpose.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Ha. You funny!

Yeah, fair point, let’s send Trudeau over to China and liberate them

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The hubris of this
To actually think your government exists to serve its own people is dumb
Never mind other nations

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What?

SOmlaia would like to have a word about what happens when the so called liberators take over after the west leaves.
They become dictators who exploit their people for their own ends. In short,the military junta will keep power or appoint a puppet to make sure they get all the money and power and screw over the poor africans.

What about the US civil war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join