It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private terminal for the wealthy to open Sept. 6 at Hartsfield-Jackson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm so glad they are gonna make it easier for celebs and the wealthy to travel to and from Atlanta, its been one of my major concerns, especially after these 3-4 years have no doubt it's been tough on them

For one of the busiest airports in the world, perhaps it will take the strain off the regular TSA screening for the peons and peasants among us

PS will open a private terminal for well-heeled commercial airline travelers at Hartsfield-Jackson in September.

onemileatatime.com...

On September 6, 2023, PS will be opening a new private terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). PS is intended to reimagine the pre-flight and post-flight experience by allowing members to fly commercial without setting foot in the airport terminal.

PS at ATL will offer a private terminal with on-site TSA screening. Once through security, passengers can either hang out in a Private Suite or The Salon:

Private Suites provide travelers with complete privacy in their own spacious accommodation; this is ideal for those who greatly value privacy, and where cost is no object
The Salon offers a social lounge where guests can hang out prior to their flight; this is ideal for those who want the experience while spending as little as possible, as well as for those who are extroverts

On September 6, 2023, PS will be opening a new private terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). PS is intended to reimagine the pre-flight and post-flight experience by allowing members to fly commercial without setting foot in the airport terminal.

PS at ATL will offer a private terminal with on-site TSA screening. Once through security, passengers can either hang out in a Private Suite or The Salon:

Private Suites provide travelers with complete privacy in their own spacious accommodation; this is ideal for those who greatly value privacy, and where cost is no object The Salon offers a social lounge where guests can hang out prior to their flight; this is ideal for those who want the experience while spending as little as possible, as well as for those who are extroverts

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

In my area the local news announced an open house at our airport where people can sing up for 'expedited boarding'. They won't have to remove shoes, have their water bottles checked, go through the scanners or have their carry-ons emptied for four years.
It is good at all airports and only costs $75.00. What could possibly go wrong?

For $75.00 per person we can totally eliminate the need for the TSA.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Call me crazy but when that thing goes live, I'd like a 24/7 tracker on it with alerts set to when the usage spikes.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

People should put trackers in their luggage so they can see where that went.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

People should put trackers in their luggage so they can see where that went.

*Insert nuclear energy secretary joke here*

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

edit on CWed, 02 Aug 2023 20:26:57 -0500pm2023-08-02T20:26:57-05:00kpmWednesdaypm2023-08-02T20:26:57-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It’s for easy access to the CDC 😂

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

In my area the local news announced an open house at our airport where people can sing up for 'expedited boarding'. They won't have to remove shoes, have their water bottles checked, go through the scanners or have their carry-ons emptied for four yearsl:

Isn't that TSA pre-Check? Best $75 I've ever spent.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It’s for easy access to the CDC 😂

That joke was hilarous...

..4 years ago!

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A few airports already do something like this. They'll screen people at outside areas, and then take them to the plane, and up the jetway stairs.
edit on 8/2/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I'm so glad they are gonna make it easier for celebs and the wealthy to travel to and from Atlanta, its been one of my major concerns, especially after these 3-4 years have no doubt it's been tough on them

For one of the busiest airports in the world, perhaps it will take the strain off the regular TSA screening for the peons and peasants among us

PS will open a private terminal for well-heeled commercial airline travelers at Hartsfield-Jackson in September.

onemileatatime.com...

Private Suites provide travelers with complete privacy in their own spacious accommodation; this is ideal for those who greatly value privacy, and where cost is no object
The Salon offers a social lounge where guests can hang out prior to their flight; this is ideal for those who want the experience while spending as little as possible, as well as for those who are extroverts

Private Suites provide travelers with complete privacy in their own spacious accommodation; this is ideal for those who greatly value privacy, and where cost is no object The Salon offers a social lounge where guests can hang out prior to their flight; this is ideal for those who want the experience while spending as little as possible, as well as for those who are extroverts

This started in LA. It is really for famous celebrities, not so much the unknown rich. People who are easily recognizable don't want to be bothered with paparazzi and fans hounding them for selfies and autographs when they are just trying to get on a plane. The regular rich folks who travel a lot have the Amex club and other airline clubs if they don't want to hang around the terminal with the poors.

One year I was waiting on a flight with my wife in Atlanta. This guy comes strolling down the terminal and I said to my wife, "Look at this Juvenile looking mofo..." referencing the rapper Juvenile. As he gets closer, I'm like wait.... that IS Juvenile. Then a few seconds later here comes Lil Wayne and Baby. Next thing you know, about 50 hood rat girls are running down the terminal trying to get autographs.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

They then end up on my plane and sit for 2 hours waiting for takeoff, with little ole me?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

In my area the local news announced an open house at our airport where people can sing up for 'expedited boarding'. They won't have to remove shoes, have their water bottles checked, go through the scanners or have their carry-ons emptied for four years.

I'd be screwed then, I have a terrible singing voice outside of the shower.

On a side note, this just sounds like it's just a nice concierge service.

I'd do it if it wasn't too expensive, the whole experience traveling is terrible, honestly.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I'd do it if it wasn't too expensive, the whole experience traveling is terrible, honestly.

Sorry for the typo.

Yeah; not having to go through security for four years sounds awesome....and oh, so safe.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I know two people who had their luggage sent on the wrong plane during those cancellations this year. They got their bags like two days after they arrived at where they were going and had to buy clothes. One of them flew overseas and the luggage was here in America. I am not sure if they got some sort of payment for the time it was delayed.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Are you also upset with people buying the fast pass at amusement part too?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about? For 85 bucks you can get a background check to get TSA precheck on every flight in the US for 5 years...lol

You go to the short line, no shoes are removed, nothing is taken out of your bag etc, just a metal detector.

edit on 2-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Do you have a clean record? Pass a paper and an in-person clearance type check? Have 85 bucks?

edit on 2-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What the hell are you talking about? For 85 bucks you can get a background check to get TSA precheck on every flight in the US for 5 years...lol

You go to the short line, no shoes are removed, nothing is taken out of your bag etc, just a metal detector.

Check your attitude, missy!
I'm talking about the article that was published in our local paper yesterday. My point is WTH do we need the TSA for if you can just bypass the supposed security checks by throwing a few bucks down.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

onemileatatime.com...

This started in LA. It is really for famous celebrities, not so much the unknown rich. People who are easily recognizable don't want to be bothered with paparazzi and fans hounding them for selfies and autographs when they are just trying to get on a plane. The regular rich folks who travel a lot have the Amex club and other airline clubs if they don't want to hang around the terminal with the poors.

One year I was waiting on a flight with my wife in Atlanta. This guy comes strolling down the terminal and I said to my wife, "Look at this Juvenile looking mofo..." referencing the rapper Juvenile. As he gets closer, I'm like wait.... that IS Juvenile. Then a few seconds later here comes Lil Wayne and Baby. Next thing you know, about 50 hood rat girls are running down the terminal trying to get autographs.

Are you saying they won't accept the "unknown rich's" money if they want to use the service? I know they will.

Besides don't a lot of celebs fly private charters or outright own a jet, Ron White used to own one and flew all over.
Who in the hell wants to sit in an airport for over 3-4 hours, but its dedicated loading and unloading entrance might be worth it considering how helter-skelter the current arrangement is

top topics

<<   2 >>

join