It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini-Food-Rant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not gonna lie the peanut butter thing bothers me too, but considering I'm trying to lay off the bread, I just use a big spoon plop min in a bowl sprinkle some chopped roasted almonds and a few dark chocolate chips, and I'm good.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: tanstaafl
(Debbie Downer has entered the Chat)

Well, hi there, Debbie! 😁

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex
Hey , I love4 peanut butter and banana sandwiches .
Everything anyone needs from one sandwich .

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Someone always call when I am in the middle of filleting whitefish, or have my hands in the dough mixing the crust for pasties. I have wondered so often why someone always calls at the most inconvenient times....another one is when you are sitting on the toilet. I don't take the cordless or cell phone into the bathroom when I go to the toilet, I wear bibs most times and if I let my front down the phone falls out so I make sure not to take it in there.

I usually avoid getting the tall peanut butter jars because of the reason you mention, I get the sixteen to eighteen ounce ones. I have more problems trying to get the last of the mayo or miracle whip out of the thirty ounce jars, a spoon works so much better than a butter knife for getting the last of it out.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The phone hardly ever rings when I am sitting down. But almost always rings when I walk away for a second! Or when I am cutting up raw meat for supper! It never fails! Must be an unwritten Murphy’s Law for sure!

Never really thought about the peanut butter. I guess that I don’t eat enough of it to annoy me?! I just had a flashback to childhood! Saltine crackers with butter on one & peanut butter on another one. Then squeezing them together & making ‘worms’ come out! Good times!

WOQ

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

I used to love a bit of butter on a saltine as well.
And, yeah...the bottom of the mayo jar was a PITA.

However, I would rather a difficult jar than a plastic tube of anything. Be it sour cream, mayo, or *GACK* PB.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I love a spoonful of extra chunky peanut butter. Maybe a wee bit of honey, if available.
Or apricot or peach preserves.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Thank you for giving me great reason to quadruple my peanut butter intake.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I love a spoonful of extra chunky peanut butter. Maybe a wee bit of honey, if available.
Or apricot or peach preserves.

Me too, PB is my go-to protein boost and dessert replacement, even a just little bit of dark chocolate cocoa powder mixed in with a spoon full takes care of any sweet tooth I may have.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So, help me understand here...why, pray tell, do they make the peanut butter jar so tall that you can't get the peanut butter out of the jar without getting peanut butter all over your hand???
Just sayin!

Take that fancy spatula and open the jar. Get a clean butter tub (or margerine...) - you do use butter, right - and slater the peanut butter into the butter container. Wash peanut butter jar, remove labels, put it in recycling. Put spatula in dishwasher.

Peanut butter is now accessible.

(for extra points, you can sing "we shall overcome" as you clear the jar.)

edit on 22-7-2023 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

mmmm....cocoa and chunky PB...I'll have to try that. Maybe mini-choco chips even??

a reply to: Byrd
That's a grand idea.

Since we moved to smaller digs, I don't have those tubs anymore. But we have small Pyrex for foods like that.
And large PB jars are great for storage of various small items......

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Easiest way to fix this FCD is shout loudly - wife make me a sandwich, why do you think the almighty gave them smaller hands for .

And FYI never ever admit that you can use any kitchen appliance ever , or do any kind of washing up or it will not end well FCD

Ps they also make great secretaries for answering the phone , leaving the men to the important man stuff

edit on 22/7/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I might have to try this LOL I can't believe it works

still most times this is all I really want

top topics

<< 1   >>

join