It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Charles to receive huge pay rise from UK taxpayers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Think we need to look at where that money is going to be spent. Lots of it will be going on the refurbishment of Buck Palace no doubt. Something which was arranged during the Queen's reign. Buck Palace is owned by the country as you well know and Charles is already opening up more of the palace to the public.
Bottom line is, the more money Crown Estates makes, the more money the Government has in its coffers for us.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Love your analogies! Think we might find Catherine might be a Liz I. Time will tell.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Royalty has been around in every nation of this world since humans appeared..... pretty much.

There is a strong theme of it in the history book. The King of Tonga will get an amazing crafted canoe. For the King of the UK, something that goes faster is more appropriate. In the rule of law that we must contend with as things are. If Charles ain't up to the job, won't be the first to get that knife in the back from those that are closest. As for how this throne / democracy trend plays, is William up for the job when Charles falls? Long live the King?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

William is the True King.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Love your analogies! Think we might find Catherine might be a Liz I. Time will tell.
Rainbows
Jane

catherine is an interesting thought

as you say time will tell as it continues to unfold, for me it started with may and her use of 500 year old laws to get brino over the line failed.. we're only here because the european side wanted to block brino i bet they wish they hadn't now..

i love how we repeat that cycle and how little the personalities in westminster hall or the continent change even when you put 5 centuries between events.

beyond Brino there was no victory for europe to be had.. in the same way it wasn't until the 1980s that the english church finally put space between it and Rome even outside the eu there will be little space between westminster and brussels, if only those with blind rage demanding a star could see that..

hey ho..
edit on 21-7-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

Why?

Are you ok with them receiving so much money from taxpayers?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: andy06shake
Think we need to look at where that money is going to be spent. Lots of it will be going on the refurbishment of Buck Palace no doubt. Something which was arranged during the Queen's reign. Buck Palace is owned by the country as you well know and Charles is already opening up more of the palace to the public.
Bottom line is, the more money Crown Estates makes, the more money the Government has in its coffers for us.
Rainbows
Jane

Are you in favour of the royal family given a large amount of money and what about this increase by 45%

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good
they live in the mist of a proverty enclave. Maybe not he can do something for the rich folks that don't want now help.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

why not its far less than amount the state gets from the crown estate.. if charlie held the purse strings of the crown estate and was taxed as any other billionaire he'd have far more money than this year on year, he could also be the one to leverage borrowing against those billions, maybe like a us president he could also ask for a slice of the deals he brings in..

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

why not its far less than amount the state gets from the crown estate.. if charlie held the purse strings of the crown estate and was taxed as any other billionaire he'd have far more money than this year on year, he could also be the one to leverage borrowing against those billions, maybe like a us president he could also ask for a slice of the deals he brings in..

So you're saying the royal family brings more money to the state than the state gives to them and overall the stage profits from maintaining the monarchy.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: nickyw

So you're saying the royal family brings more money to the state than the state gives to them and overall the stage profits from maintaining the monarchy.

Yeah they have a net contribution of around £2bn a year in UK tax - the Crown Estate alone had a record 50% increase in contributions to just under £500m which is where this increase comes from (Sovereign Grant is a % of the profits the Monarch Recieves, tax payers got over £350m of this money)

The monarchy get around a 25% cut on the money they generate with 75% being taxed so they're less of a burden on taxpayers than other forms of governance.
edit on 21-7-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm not saying it the numbers say it for themselves.. ignore tourism or trade/business deals for the moment..

19 June 2023
The Crown Estate announces record £442.6 million net revenue profit for the nation’s finances

the obligatory i hate wiki extract

On George III's accession he surrendered the income from the Crown lands to Parliament, and abrogated responsibility for the cost of the civil government and the clearance of associated debts. As a result, and to avoid pecuniary embarrassment, he was granted a fixed civil list payment and the income retained from the Duchy of Lancaster. The King surrendered to parliamentary control the hereditary excise duties, post office revenues, and "the small branches" of hereditary revenue including rents of the Crown lands in England (which amounted to about £11,000, or £1,769,392 today), and was granted a civil list annuity of £800,000 (equal to £128,683,019 today) for the support of his household, subject to the payment of certain annuities to members of the royal family.

given the profits we can deduct what they are giving Charlie and the country still makes a profit.

it is a topic black adder took to heart to laugh at..

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

• Value: The value of the entire portfolio increased by 1.3% to £15.8 billion.

With how much crown land is around this nation, 15 Billion looks conservative. The Native Title issue is gradually changing things. They ain't getting the high value territory yet, but as a start to some substantial land holdings things have been changing.

It does appear the consultation process has been improving with the aboriginal community before the machines roll in.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A lot of people don't really understand, we in the UK have not choice, there is no mechanism for us to get rid of the monarchy. Now the money they get, from the Crown estates 2022 that made approx. £313 million and the crown gets 25% which equates to about £7.8 million. But then whoops, they have the revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall and the Duchy of Lancaster. TAX FREE. Last year Cornwall made £21.7 million and Lancaster made £24 Million, this money does not go to the Crown Estate.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

Why?

Are you ok with them receiving so much money from taxpayers?

Borg, I want to see William look all of the bounders in that family in the eye and say,

By the way, you lot, be on notice that London Tower is open for business again!

He could get away with saying that. Charlie the royal pretender can never be that kind of king.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

His favourite Great Uncle is claimed to have liked little boy's though those claims have only arisen long after his death that same great uncle was also instrumental in at least two coup plots within the UK that thankfully never came to full fruition though the intelligence network they set up have reduced us to more or less a one party state with the official main opposition party now being a controlled opposition, one of his best friend's one Jimmy Saville is now known to have been a rabid child molester whom even used his celebrity to abuse children whom were dying in hospitals were he made supposed charity visits.

At a time of runaway interest rates, people unable to pay there mortgages if they are fortunate enough to have been able to get a mortgage that is and while homeless rates are rising, people are struggling to just by enough food to eat in many cases with more and more falling below the bread line this is incredibly inappropriate.

He could redeem himself by refusing this but he won't, he could have redeemed himself by demanding a democratic election instead of letting the Tory's foist a corrupt Hindu near billionaire over the British public without our consent OR approval, not his religion though for me that is a problem as he is an idolator, not his race though his loyalty's are obviously split for family reasons with his Indian wife's assets and wealth being centred in India but the fact he is not Loyal to OUR people or OUR nation as he should be and is only loyal to a small elite group of internationalist neo liberal pricks that want to use our country as a tax haven and to strip our people of right's, wealth and public services shown. The acceptance of this unelected prime minister who could only take on that title through ROYAL APPROVAL shows that Charles does not put his people's interests first as well.

So what are we paying for?.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not that I disagree with you but we elect a ruling party and that party elects it's leader if one goes. Who then gets to be PM.

We didn't vote for Brown. Or Truss, etc.

edit on 21-7-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not that I disagree with you but we elect a ruling party and that party elects it's leader if one goes. Who then gets to be PM.

We didn't vote for Brown. Or Truss, etc.

Is it reasonable to say most Brits still like the monarchy. Some of you don't and it's obvious from what you're saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The Monarchy maybe.

Individual members of the Royal family is a different matter. Andrew is pretty much reviled, so is Fergie and his waster daughters. Harry used to be popular. Not so much nowadays.

There are too many "hangers on" and it needs to be trimmed down.

I like and respect Ann.

Charles is a bit flakey.

Most prefer it to the dreaded alternative.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The Monarchy maybe.

Individual members of the Royal family is a different matter. Andrew is pretty much reviled, so is Fergie and his waster daughters. Harry used to be popular. Not so much nowadays.

There are too many "hangers on" and it needs to be trimmed down.

I like and respect Ann.

Charles is a bit flakey.

Most prefer it to the dreaded alternative.

I always thought why is it there isn't much talk about the future of the monarchy in the UK.

I haven't seen left wing politicians to make talk about having a referendum for example. Ok I could be wrong because I am not from the UK but occasionally I am following the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join