It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you eat food that was labled "unavoidably unsafe?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The real question is do you have even the very slightly vague understanding of the what the word context means?

In most cases, it would appear not.

Meanwhile, the air you breathe and the water you drink are both unavoidable unsafe. They can (and will) kill you. So what you gonna do now?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: incoserv
You referred in another thread to "anti-vax garbage." Do I practice "anti-tylenol garbage" or "anti-asprin garbage?"

Yes. Tell me more about how you were mandated to take a covid vaccine.

You were in a coma the last couple of years?

People lost jobs because they chose not to take an "unavoidably unsafe" concoction. People were denied access to education. Anybody working under contract for the federal gov't was mandated to take an "unavoidably unsafe" vaccine (while high-level federal gov't employees excused themselves).

Are you really going to try to deny that? You'd have to be one of those people discussed above, harboring vaccine remorse and knowing that you made a massive mistake that will have long term negative consequences, but unable to face up to the reality. I'm sorry for you.

:

Blah blah blah

What a childish response to a well thought out, factual post. All you ever argue are semantics, since every actual argument you bring forward is torn to shreds for the inane rubbish that it is.

Are you just a bored teenager?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Vaccines are, "unavoidably unsafe" like Tylenol and Aspirin. Some people are always going to have a reaction to every medicine.

True but no one was ever threatened with losing a career over saying no to a tylenol or aspirin. Or shunned by family and friends. Or censored online.

If you were allergic to or had any personal reason to not take tylenol or aspirin, people would respect that. Your doctor would respect this decision too but how come not the vaccine.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The issue for me boils down to whether I trust the person or organization claiming "X" is unsafe and whether I am willing to accept the risk that is claimed. I drove a 1956 VW bug for a number of years. That car was deemed "the most unsafe car in America." by none other than Ralph Nader. I personally heard and saw him say that so there's no doubt he said so. His message wasn't misconstrued or mistranslated. It was also in poor mechanical shape. One of the brake lines had rusted through. And I drove it without any insurance.

I wouldn't be allowed to do that today. Society has lowered the bar on what is considered acceptable risk, so children are now required to wear a helmet to ride a bicycle. We would have considered that absurd in the fifties. It would have been considered unacceptable behavior. Today, if someone is hurt or even inconvenienced, there is pressure to pass a law to ensure it doesn't happen to someone else. Anything that is preventable ought to be prevented. And that's how we lose our freedoms.

So now we have the Internet where anyone can “prove” anything and provide a link to it and further, anyone can claim to be an expert. You know they are an expert by how loudly they talk and how fervently and zealously they promote their claims. So whatever meme is paramount becomes the “truth.” If you dare to question it, you are pummeled with insults until you give up and go away. This is true whether it is about vaccines, Jesus, Ron Paul, or pretty much anything that is established.

Question everything? OK. I get that, but if you replace that with the kind of mediocre information you get on ATS, well, that's a special kind of stupid. “Question everything” includes ATS and applies especially to ATS. Zealots run the show here. Keep that in mind every time you read of another “truth” on ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You know they are an expert by how loudly they talk and how fervently and zealously they promote their claims. So whatever meme is paramount becomes the “truth.” If you dare to question it, you are pummeled with insults until you give up and go away.

And no one was louder than Fauci from his lofty position and ever present media attention.
And people dared to question, and got pummeled.

So?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

You know they are an expert by how loudly they talk and how fervently and zealously they promote their claims. So whatever meme is paramount becomes the “truth.” If you dare to question it, you are pummeled with insults until you give up and go away.

And no one was louder than Fauci from his lofty position and ever present media attention.

So?

That's different. That's the ]narrative. It's alright when it's the narrative.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
The real question is do you have even the very slightly vague understanding of the what the word context means?

In most cases, it would appear not.

Meanwhile, the air you breathe and the water you drink are both unavoidable unsafe. They can (and will) kill you. So what you gonna do now?

This isn't about eliminating risk from the world. I would not choose to live in a riskless world.

This is about me and you being free to choose the risks we consider acceptable and avoid those we don't.

If you would by that car, live in that house, or eat at that restaurant, that is your prerogative. When you tell me that I have to do it or that I will face dire consequences if I don't, that simply steps over the line.

We live in a society where people have been so manipulated into a state of abject fear that they have forgotten what it means to be human!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Seems to me it was Fauci who got pummeled. In the absence of knowledge people make stuff up. That's ATS in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Seems to me it was Fauci who got pummeled. In the absence of knowledge people make stuff up. That's ATS in a nutshell.

He's a proven liar so thanks for the case-in-point.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey, folks:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The funniest part is that if the Fauci worshippers were correct, we wouldn't be alive to "make stuff up' and ruin ATS.

How did that happen? LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

... It's a CONSPIRACY website. It's not a gobble up and regurgitate the laughable propaganda from known genocidal maniacs website.

Your unquestioning belief of the lies that these people tell, who absolutely hate you and would love to see you dead, is quaint.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Are there any foods that can't be classed as unavoidably unsafe? All carry the risk of choking same as breathing, tying your shoes, going to the toilet or getting out of bed carry unnavoidable risk of death.

Everything carries unnavoidable risk and is unnavoidably unsafe; it's a fact of life. The part that matters is the risk to reward/benefit ratio.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

He's a proven liar so thanks for the case-in-point.

ATS also fits the definition, though I would prefer the term delusional.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jorge1986s

... It's a CONSPIRACY website. It's not a gobble up and regurgitate the laughable propaganda from known genocidal maniacs website.

So because it's a conspiracy web site that means you take everything it says at face value???

Your unquestioning belief..."

That sound suspiciously like the typical ATS believer. If it's on ATS, it must be true.

And anyone who expresses dissent on ATS must be a troll! Because.....dissent is not allowed.
edit on 6/16/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"unavoidably unsafe"?

You misspelled "Poison"

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That sound suspiciously like the typical ATS believer. If it's on ATS, it must be true.

And anyone who expresses dissent on ATS must be a troll! Because.....dissent is not allowed.

and yet here you are on ATS protecting the Narrative like a good little soldier.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So because it's a conspiracy web site that means you take everything it says at face value???

Actually, that is what you are doing. Constantly towing the official narrative, believing the words of people with such an incredibly open disdain for the majority of humanity.

The constant appeal to authority argument laziness goes hand in hand with your smug condescension.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I woke up way back when they came out with the "bird flu" and "swine flu" B.S. and declined them both, just as Ivevdeclined vaxxes ever since, including Coldvid. Funny thing is since I stopped getting vaxxed I stopped getting sick so much, while everyone I know is always going to the doctor for one thing or another. I haven't even had health insurance for years-- haven't had the need. I pity those who fall for the lies of the trillion dollar pharmaceutical industry.

For those who think vaxxes are for YOUR good, ask youself this; why would pharmacies, who are legally obligated to make a profit just like all corporations, give you a free flu shot even though they sell drugs to treat the flu? You can either foolishly believe it's because they are virtuous men who only wish to better humanity, or you can realize that the vaccines make you sick, and by giving them away they are guaranteeing themselves millions of customers and more billions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Actually, that is what you are doing. Constantly towing the official narrative, believing the words of people with such an incredibly open disdain for the majority of humanity.

The constant appeal to authority argument laziness goes hand in hand with your smug condescension.

Your delusion continues. Your World View appears to be that everything but you sucks, that only ATS is the harbinger of truth. I certainly do not believe in the "official narrative," as you claim I do. That's part of your delusion. But the idea that ATS is where the truth actually lies is laughable. What is ATS? Largely a bunch of basement dwellers with no particular expertise who consider themselves "woke," i.e.: On drugs. When the rest of the world does recognize the existence of ATS, it's as a "cranky conspiracy site," In other words, of little consequence beyond their backwater mud hole of ignorance. Once in a great while the denizens emerge to show off their civilized nature by #ting on a cop car, breaking a window at Starbucks, or burning down a barrier to prove how influential they are, but usually they just stay in their homeless camps living in their own filth and used needles complaining and blaming anyone but themselves for their sordid existence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join