It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS to Ban Puberty Blockers to Children Outside Research Settings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Britain's NHS has decided in the wake of the Tavistock scandal that puberty blockers and hormones are not an appropriate treatment for children with gender dysphoria.

Absent better research on the subject, they have decided that suspend such treatments to those under 18 outside of clinical research settings, and move forward with move forward with a primary intervention of psychosocial and psychological support and intervention. The primary aim is to support and global wellbeing and function while alleviating the distress that comes with gender incongruence (i.e. help them to cope with the skin they are in - that isn't conversion therapy; it's dealing with physical reality). It also includes a multidisciplinary approach given the current complexity of cases where conditions like autism and ADHD are often also present and may be complicating the issue.

Great news!

A number of States here in the US have banned 'gender affirming care' for minors-in a few words they've banned chemical castration n mutilations-more n more States are taking this route-Texas-Tennessee-North Dakota among the states.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72

Britain's NHS has decided in the wake of the Tavistock scandal that puberty blockers and hormones are not an appropriate treatment for children with gender dysphoria.

Absent better research on the subject, they have decided that suspend such treatments to those under 18 outside of clinical research settings, and move forward with move forward with a primary intervention of psychosocial and psychological support and intervention. The primary aim is to support and global wellbeing and function while alleviating the distress that comes with gender incongruence (i.e. help them to cope with the skin they are in - that isn't conversion therapy; it's dealing with physical reality). It also includes a multidisciplinary approach given the current complexity of cases where conditions like autism and ADHD are often also present and may be complicating the issue.

Great news!

A number of States here in the US have banned 'gender affirming care' for minors-in a few words they've banned chemical castration n mutilations-more n more States are taking this route-Texas-Tennessee-North Dakota among the states.

I actually some of this may be due to the increase in transgender families suing doctors and the institutions where they work because of medical negligence. Think about it, it's open season on doctors/clinics that do or don't because on one hand if they do - medical negligence, if they don't - medical insensitivity to treat.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
Neither me or my kids have ever required a psychologist. Playing with dolls is not comparative to wanting to chop up your penis and denying reality.

What bias? I’m stating fact, my lad never wanted to wear dresses and neither did me, my brothers or any of the males in family or friend group, as far as I know. It’s far from normal. Maybe in certain middle class priveledged families that spend too much time working and let the media raise their kids and formulate their opinions and behaviours.

Kids can behave in strange ways, they can be naughty, hyper, unruly etc. but a good parent won’t shirk their responsibility and try to deal with these behaviours, not run looking for a medical diagnosis or for psychological analysis simply because it’s the easy option that confirms their delusions.

“It’s not my lack of parenting skills, he’s “autistic” with “gender dysphoria” and mental health issues.

This whole woke BS creates exactly this type or narrative, excuse your own failings and medicate our way out of trouble. A reality check and look in the mirror will probably be more effective.
edit on 12/6/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Great news!

I actually some of this may be due to the increase in transgender families suing doctors and the institutions where they work because of medical negligence. Think about it, it's open season on doctors/clinics that do or don't because on one hand if they do - medical negligence, if they don't - medical insensitivity to treat.

you ve missed a lot - it seems - trying to excuse the bans?

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Great news!

you ve missed a lot - it seems - trying to excuse the bans?

Actually I've read a lot of NHS being sued for medical negligence by them providing hormone therapy...now they will no longer provide hormone therapy to new patients. So the evidence points in that direction, IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Great news!

Many states are coming to realization you cannot experiment on kids based on the illusions n beliefs of adults who transfer their confusions n doubts to them

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Great news!

Many states are coming to realization you cannot experiment on kids based on the illusions n beliefs of adults who transfer their confusions n doubts to them

I'll go with what is reasonable to assume and depending upon if the state is red or blue.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Neither me or my kids have ever required a psychologist. Playing with dolls is not comparative to wanting to chop up your penis and denying reality.

What bias? I’m stating fact, my lad never wanted to wear dresses and neither did me, my brothers or any of the males in family or friend group, as far as I know. It’s far from normal. Maybe in certain middle class priveledged families that spend too much time working and let the media raise their kids and formulate their opinions and behaviours.

Very strongly agree!

There must be something really wrong if you want to remove your genitals-kids should never be subjects of such experiments n operations-they cannot consent-

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Great news!

I'll go with what is reasonable to assume and depending upon if the state is red or blue.

You are correct on this one.

The blue states have no issue with the chemical castration and mutilations of kids.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Kids can behave in strange ways, they can be naughty, hyper, unruly etc. but a good parent won’t shirt their responsibility and try to deal with this behaviours, not run looking for a medical diagnosis or for psychological analysis simply because it’s the easy option.

“It’s not my lack of parenting skills, he’s “autistic” with “gender dysphoria” and mental health issues.

This whole woke BS creates exactly this type or narrative, excuse your own failings and medicate our way out of trouble. A reality check and look in the mirror will probably be more effective.

The question I posed was specific - young boy wants to experiment playing with dolls/wear dresses, nothing was posed about surgery. You did not answer my specific question and are trying to deflect to your confirmation bias' and anti-woke script.

The bias' I pointed to from your last post is blaming mothers' for all the problems young boys/men will have in their life. Look in the mirror and then blame your mother.

We all know the common echo chamber feelz within this thread, so spare me having to read it over and over.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Great news!

The blue states have no issue with the chemical castration and mutilations of kids.

However, if the clinics/doctors start getting sued then guess what will happen? Yes, they will cease and desist those types of surgeries too.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Great news!

However, if the clinics/doctors start getting sued then guess what will happen? Yes, they will cease and desist those types of surgeries too.

And that will be great!

But still the blue states permit these operations-unless forced by laws to stop

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

I know and believe it or not I think they should not be performing these surgeries on children because nobody out there seems to really know how to help these children.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

I know and believe it or not I think they should not be performing these surgeries on children because nobody out there seems to really know how to help these children.

The transgender activists n their lobby knows well what should happen to these kids-hormones n surgery

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

The transgender activists n their lobby knows well what should happen to these kids-hormones n surgery

Not really, all of this is relatively new in the societal, psychological and medical fields so everyone seems to be stumbling around including the people who, with good intentions, are trying to help this small minority of society. It's almost like a trial and error thing happening.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

Not really, all of this is relatively new in the societal, psychological and medical fields so everyone seems to be stumbling around including the people who, with good intentions, are trying to help this small minority of society. It's almost like a trial and error thing happening.

We are not the ones who are pushing for surgeries and 'gender affirming care'. Everyone here says no apart from trans activists n gender ideologues

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

We are not the ones who are pushing for surgeries and 'gender affirming care'. Everyone here says no apart from trans activists n gender ideologues

Doctors and medical clinics in blue states say 'yes as well, because so far that is the only care that may work for some people. Some people, after the fact, may believe they were coerced or the procedure failed. The psychological care seems to be stumbling in the dark with this, that is why they need to have more research.

I still maintain that the children should be left alone until puberty where the child and their psychologist (yes children diagnosed with gender dysphoria need psychological assistance in navigating their experiences) can know better what path to take for the child's wellbeing.

How many of you out there knew, without a doubt, at puberty, whether you were masculine or feminine? Everyone knew without a doubt?

edit on q00000057630America/Chicago3030America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

Doctors and medical clinics in blue states say 'yes as well, because so far that is the only care that may work for some people. Some people, after the fact, may believe they were coerced or the procedure failed. The psychological care seems to be stumbling in the dark with this, that is why they need to have more research.

I still maintain that the children should be left alone until puberty where the child and their psychologist (yes children diagnosed with gender dysphoria need psychological assistance in navigating their experiences) can know better what path to take for the child's wellbeing.

How many of you out there knew, without a doubt, at puberty, whether you were masculine or feminine? Everyone knew without a doubt?

children should be left alone- I am sure about this- n they should be left alone in schools without any attempts to indoctrinate them in the name of inclusivity- A mental issue cannot be treated with hormones n surgery- i think we have established this
edit on 12-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

children should be left alone- I am sure about this- n they should be left alone in schools without any attempts to indoctrinate them in the name of inclusivity- A mental issue cannot be treated with hormones n surgery- i think we have established this

The reason for the hormones n surgery was because of the failure of the psychological treatments for some people.

So some mental issues cannot be treated either way it appears.

So this tells us their approaches don't work for everyone.

This tells us more research and new approaches are needed.

Indoctrination of hate and intolerance by biased parents needs to be brought into the light.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Great news!

And that will be great!

The reason for the hormones n surgery was because of the failure of the psychological treatments for some people.

So some mental issues cannot be treated either way it appears.

So this tells us their approaches don't work for everyone.

This tells us more research and new approaches are needed.

Indoctrination of hate and intolerance by biased parents needs to be brought into the light.

That's false.

Hormones n surgery are rushed instead of being the last option-

Good you accept this is a mental issue- n mental issues are not treated with hormones n mutilation of body parts

Indoctrination in schools is unacceptable-only two sexes exist n you cannot change your sex-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join