It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS to Ban Puberty Blockers to Children Outside Research Settings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Britain's NHS has decided in the wake of the Tavistock scandal that puberty blockers and hormones are not an appropriate treatment for children with gender dysphoria.

Absent better research on the subject, they have decided that suspend such treatments to those under 18 outside of clinical research settings, and move forward with move forward with a primary intervention of psychosocial and psychological support and intervention. The primary aim is to support and global wellbeing and function while alleviating the distress that comes with gender incongruence (i.e. help them to cope with the skin they are in - that isn't conversion therapy; it's dealing with physical reality). It also includes a multidisciplinary approach given the current complexity of cases where conditions like autism and ADHD are often also present and may be complicating the issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

(i.e. help them to cope with the skin they are in - that isn't conversion therapy; it's dealing with physical reality).

No way?! It seems like a miracle someone somewhere noticed they have common sense and applied it.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My guess , they are Starting to get to much push back and elections are coming up .

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So...the British government is severely transphobic and genocidal.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

that's where my post was going to go. they are all raycist, homophobes who fear transgenders!

and words and junk.

say it loud, say it proud!!!

But when the pendulum swings back, it usually goes a bit too far in the other direction as well, before it settles in the middle where things are much less nuts.

It's a shame so many don't understand Newton and his 3rd law. It applies to almost everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Seems the tide is turning, the tiny minority who make a lot of noise will soon be silenced by common sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A glimmer of hope in humanity. Common sense finally invades politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Some of these kids will go on to persist in what they are, but many others will not. Some of them will be discovered to have complicating factors that need to be addressed (like autism which is mentioned). And when those factors are addressed, the dysphoria may not persist.

But before you irrevocably alter someone physically, you ought to be sure. And this is the same argument that has been held up with "assigning" gender at birth.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Should I be applauding when this is likely just resisting the
diabolical for the time being?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Balancing the well being and autonomy of individuals with the need for comprehensive assessments is a challenging task. The goal should be to ensure that those who genuinely require medical interventions receive the appropriate care, while also recognising the potential for evolving circumstances and the importance of informed decision-making.

The problem isn't the people themselves, it's those tasked with raising, protecting and teaching them, as confused children really don't need people promoting delusions.
edit on 11/6/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Good for them.
The cool thing about not making things hush-hush, is you're able to adress it before it becomes an issue.

Great things to come...

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I definitely agree that children lack the ability to make such an important decision for themselves. But I do think the right needs to leave the adults alone who are choosing to change their bodies.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I definitely agree that children lack the ability to make such an important decision for themselves. But I do think the right needs to leave the adults alone who are choosing to change their bodies.

Your two sentences contradict.

You first say children lack the ability to make that choice for themselves, but then you say the ones who choose to make that choice need to be left alone?

How about this - You make up your mind. Either kids can decide or they can't, but if a kid can decide they need to try to force their body physically to match what they prefer to believe it should be, then they ought to also be able to drive from the age, buy firearms, drink, smoke, vote, and do any number of other things we have decided societally they are not equipped as children to do because they are simply not mentally developed enough to make those kids of life altering decisions for themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Considering "puberty blockers" are formulas designed for the chemical castration of sex offenders, I consider any measures taken to prevent their use on children a small victory. If the fact that there is no data regarding the safety of these chemicals when used on minors isn't enough to discourage their use, then the fact that they are still used for chemical castration should be enough to discourage anyone from using them.

We have a responsibility to care for and nurture our children. It's a bit bewildering that we are at a point in time when psychotic and sociopathic governments and doctors can and do legally subvert the parent's ability to raise their children by essentially kidnapping the child, holding them from parents, and then subjecting the child to all sorts of medical experiments. Yes, I consider "treatments" such as "hormone therapy" and "gender reassignment" to be medical experiments and particularly barbaric ones at that. The trend of establishing "sanctuary states" for "gender transition" is alarming:

dailycitizen.focusonthefamily.com...

Initial claims that these "treatments" are "completely reversible" and "first do no harm" have turned out to be complete nonsense, which is no surprise to those of us who have been following this subject. There are many stories being shared by victims who've "transitioned" and they are absolutely heartbreaking. Many of them are young. They will suffer from irreversible health complications for the remainder of their lives.

A small personal anecdote: I grew up with sisters. They used to put me in dresses, cover me in makeup, style my hair, the whole 9-yards. I enjoyed it immensely and in hindsight it was probably due to the positive interaction, love and inclusion I felt. I've always been an outsider who did not fit well with others and endured physical and emotional abuse at home and at school for years. If there had been a push then for children to "transition to a different gender" it's possible I could have fallen prey to that targeting given how vulnerable I was at the time. Fortunately I followed my own path (as much as my sisters would have loved another baby sister, hah) and grew into a man who was fortunate enough to meet a wonderful woman to share life with.

/anecdote

On to a more conspiracy minded note and something which may offend yet is purely fact:

There are a lot of dual citizens of a certain ethnic group which occupy many positions of power in western government. These dual citizens follow a belief system put forth in the Talmud a very long time ago:

Zachar, male.

Nekevah, female.

Androgynos, having both male and female characteristics.

Tumtum, lacking sexual characteristics.

Aylonit hamah, identified female at birth but later naturally developing male characteristics.

Aylonit adam, identified female at birth but later developing male characteristics through human intervention.

Saris hamah, identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics.

Saris adam, identified male at birth and later developing female characteristics through human intervention.

www.myjewishlearning.com...

Is this merely a coincidence of what is old becoming new? Cycles repeating? Or is there an orchestrated effort to push this agenda onto western nations through media, government, and the "entertainment" industry.

Thanks for the thread, Ketsuko. Good to see you again.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If you want to mutilate your genitals then you need medical care, i'll grant you that. That care should not however consist of unnecessary surgical procedures as this is a psychological and not physiological problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence
There are a lot of dual citizens of a certain ethnic group which occupy many positions of power in western government. These dual citizens follow a belief system put forth in the Talmud a very long time ago.

You're clearly one of those racist, homophobic, misogynistic Nazis. Well done for getting the thread shutdown.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If you want to mutilate your genitals then you need medical care, i'll grant you that. That care should not however consist of unnecessary surgical procedures as this is a psychological and not physiological problem.

Adults can do what they will do, and they similarly have to live with it later on.

Adults, however, have a duty to be responsible for children who have not had the time to fully develop their mental capacity and reasoning skills and thus, are suspect in their decision making skills. It is irresponsible to consign a child over to a medical regime that will irrevocably alter their body and make their long-term health poorer unless you literally have no other choice.

In this case, you are often talking about otherwise healthy bodies, not bodies that would be diseased or stricken with illness leading to death. So it becomes difficult to justify this course especially when the suicide rate is the same regardless of medical transition.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is information I am happy to hear but there are still issues

They Do know and have known the cause for the cases of "gender dysphoria" and they have chosen to ignore the issue.
instead of reacting to the problem they created terms like Gender Dysphoria to push an agenda contrary to the medical science.
Precocious Puberty

The most relevant categories include

CNS tumors – Hypothalamic hamartoma, optic glioma, arachnoid cysts, astrocytoma, ependymoma, hydrocephalus, septo optic dysplasia, pineal tumors
CNS injury- head trauma, cranial irradiation, cerebral palsy, infections( Tuberculous meningitis)
Genetics – Loss of function mutation encoding the MRF3 (Makorin ring finger 3) gene, a gain of function mutation encoding the kisspeptin (KISS1) and its receptor (KISSR) genes
Syndromes – Neurofibromatosis type 1, Sturge Weber syndrome, Tuberous sclerosis

but hey, they must be homophobes and full of hate for not wanting to sexually exploit minors...

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
some good news amongst the madness.
Though I noted this article today in the graun (A usually pro trans paper)
grauniad

The TLDR version is that there is a not statutory body advising the NHS on laws who have said that patients expressing a desire for same sex treatment may be breaking the law ass transphobes and their wishes should be ignored..
This in direct contravention to the advice of the statutory body which stated that patients should indeed be listened to in these cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join