It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many conspiricy theories are truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

just how many of the circulating conspiracy theories from the supposed tin foil hat brigade turned out to be a fact.

Loads of them mate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: shaemac

The CIA coined the term conspiracy theory as a negative connotation- so that anyone who questioned the government's doings were labeled this and therefore, wrong on their theories and crazy.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In college they teach theory (classroom studies) then they apply their studies in the lab to prove the theory is correct. To receive a passing grade.

They don't like political theories under laboratory scrutiny though, that's a conspiracy in itself.
Hide the evidence.

edit on (6/7/2323 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Jorge1986s

Not drunk. Embracing cognition dissonance in an attempt to deny the disturbing and upsetting truth.

Thinking more of a COINTELPRO type obfuscation account.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I got one, many of you are not ready for this tho..

Everything is a lie.
Putin,US,Ukraine etc are all on the same side (If you are reading this, no, you are not on that side loser)
International politics, presidents governments are a lie, they hold no other meaning but to keep your mind occupied.

Remember when you were a kid and you thought there will be flying cars, well they were invented a long time ago and they are not for you, enjoy your new sm(spy)artphone, worm.

You are a resource that is losing its productivity and importance every second that passes by.

Drone on brothers.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

I got one, many of you are not ready for this tho..

Everything is a lie.
Putin,US,Ukraine etc are all on the same side (If you are reading this, no, you are not on that side loser)
International politics, presidents governments are a lie, they hold no other meaning but to keep your mind occupied.

Remember when you were a kid and you thought there will be flying cars, well they were invented a long time ago and they are not for you, enjoy your new sm(spy)artphone, worm.

You are a resource that is losing its productivity and importance every second that passes by.

Drone on brothers.

Preach brother! (Or sister)

Isn't it baffling that on I site like this, the majority of people are caught up in believing hundreds of psy-ops?

Blows my mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

There is also the rationale that if you struggled and saved to get wealthy and you build a big business like Facebook. Then you consider it your property and don't want anything posted on it which would affect the income stream of it, or any other of the businesses you own which you would because you have to invest the income stream in something. So legally you are doing nothing wrong in your eyes, that is your truth. But in the end, it has to stuff up free speech and all the rest of the checks and balances that come into play. So I guess it comes down to self-discipline and moderation because in the end if you own it all and have no competition, you have destroyed all the comparisons to measure your performance against, a kind of suicide?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Between 32.75% to 41.2% in 2019.
"New" Normal - 97.273232361%

edit on 7-6-2023 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No one truly wants conspiracy theories to be true; if so then we recognize people really are that evil. I wish people weren't like that but a few are, seems there always will be. They're counting on us giving everyone the benefit of the doubt even when they are the ones casting doubt on themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Conspiracy theories can only foment in the right environment. They would never get much traction where open discussion is practiced.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Most are at least partially true. The wildest most outlandish crazy ones.. are started to make the rest look crazy as well. Flat earth, hollow earth, both were started by the US government to make other theories look crazy. Like aliens being present at the South Pole or in underground bunkers.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac you do know when a person is prosecuted the da is putting forth their theory to jury for them to decide guilt or innocence

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
No one truly wants conspiracy theories to be true; if so then we recognize people really are that evil. I wish people weren't like that but a few are, seems there always will be. They're counting on us giving everyone the benefit of the doubt even when they are the ones casting doubt on themselves.

The are mornings that I don't want the sun to come up yet, but that has never stopped it from happening, either.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I remember learning in some college course ages ago that per the scientific method (process) a true theory already IS an absolute fact that is just one tiny step away from being proved most permanently conclusively so. For the conspiracy theories that could be likewise proved (where applicable), if ever, that definition-classification would apply where all the proponents could say, "We were right all along."

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

don't be flashy thingy everybody, you'll give everybody brain damage. I ain't playing.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   

This is an answer I'd love to have. Right along with "How many laws exactly apply to me right now where I am now?" I love replying with that to the statement "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

edit on 11-6-2023 by unknownguy because: (proofread first, not after....
)

edit on 11-6-2023 by unknownguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The one that I've watched creep closer and closer to coming true?
From all the way back in the seventies and the one everyone should
pay attention to?

The Mark of the Beast

Slowly we turn.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: unknownguy

The thing with laws is they have to be enforced. They are also prioritized by the enforcers. Whose main thing is to stay in one piece and collect a good paycheck. In the UK some places are too dangerous to police, for health and safety reasons. plus they can pick what to prioritize. I would be more worried if military law gets enacted. But then so should everyone including the politicians.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes. I believe it would be much easier for people to not only obey the law, but also enforce the laws, if it was actually possible for you to know all of them. If it takes an army of lawyers to determine how many apply to you, and have to recall said army for a new number every time you hit a new town, city, county or state, then we clearly have way too many. We don't need them all, especially when we have some old blue laws that don't really apply to modern society anymore, like don't bathe your donkey on a Sunday and conflicting laws on a plant species with the same scientific name. Don't even get me started on traffic laws... lol

For my point though, prioritizing which laws to enforce is a partly a symptom of there being too many. Yes we need laws, but they aren't magical. From my view we could do better with less, especially if we ditch the ones built on fear and ignorance and focus on the ones that really do us good as a society. But thats just me.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Wouldn't you agree though that as much as they cannot understand us, we struggle to understand them? Maybe the only way to fix this mess is to finally start talking rather than judge one another? I know very few share my opinion. It is extremely difficult to relate to people like Putin for example, but wouldn't it be better to seek peace and cooperation rather than punishment for them?
I think people are what they are because of the sh*t that happened to them. I can't judge someone because of that, I may hate them though occasionally

I think the progress would be quicker if instead of screaming "You evil bastards go and die!" we would opt for: "Why are you doing what you're doing?" We are all humans, why hate those that are clearly lost?
Btw, they all look pathetic, all those "evil" people, tired, angry, frustrated, lonely. They may conspire to dominate the world, but that effort doesn't bring them any good. They are already deep in their personal hells.
Imagine the world without friends, love and trust. This is their everyday reality. Survival of the fittest, kill or be killed. I'm sure we can do better than that. C'mon people, lets drop those divisions, aren't we all humans?
About 20% of conspiracies are based on truth, rest is attention seeking in my opinion (flat Earth, black eyed babies, chupacabra, fun to research, no substance)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
(Spam removed)

edit on 12/6/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join