It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US is a Nation of 32 trillions Sec of State Mocks Russia's economy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"They thought that the sanctions would cripple Russia's ecmocny instated it is opposite."

Again, a source for that claim, please?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am very happy we have the world's largest economy. It means we are very prosperous.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
Military Spending by Country 2023
Imagine all the 778 billion if they invested in other sectors. The US is the only nation that spends more on its Military spending than any other nation in the world.

Not even India spends this much on its military.

And India can’t even afford to feed its people, sad.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Assmodeus

Good to see you back. Mostly!

PM me and let me know where you went and for a gossip?

Interesting times.

Back on topic, still waiting for evidence that Russia's economy is the opposite of crippled from the OP.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
*Eyebrows fly upwards*
Russian economy?
What Russian economy?
Russia's facing economic chaos, its infrastructure outside of the Moscow-St Petersburg corridor is appalling and getting worse by the day, their officials are corrupt, their factories either dark from disuse or 40-50 years out of date... where would you like me to stop?
Remember when all the Puntinistas on this site made excited noises at the thought of the T-14 Armata, which was going to be build by the squillion and which was centuries ahead of anything the decadent West could even think up? Can someone remind me what happened with that again?
edit on 3-6-2023 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Good to see you back. Mostly!

PM me and let me know where you went and for a gossip?

I don't know who you think I am but from what I hear all the cool kids are hanging on Discord.

discord.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Not signing up to that, matey.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ah. I see.

Bye, soon.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Sooner or later, we are all going to die, and the killing will continue on unabated without us.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Looks like Russia is taking a hit from importers and manufacturers.

Russia is not doing near as well as Op would have you believe.
By the way....where IS Op ? They seem to disappear when asked to prove a point.

www.agriculture.com...

Kubota says it stands with those who stand for peace, and is concerned for the well-being of the people in Ukraine. Kubota North America and Great Plains Manufacturing canceled production of equipment orders from Russia, and is fully complying with domestic and international sanctions.

John Deere will continue to abide by all U.S. and international sanctions for as long as necessary, says Passman. The safety and well-being of its employees remains a topmost priority as the situation escalates. Deere did not specify how its business would be impacted.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm not sure why I keep doing this but, it's Saturday and I'm bored.

You, me nor anyone else can tell anyone how the Russian economy is doing. They classified a bunch of budgetary and economic data in such a way that you can't determine how the economy is doing...

www.osw.waw.pl...

On 26 April, the government of the Russian Federation decided it would no longer report on the country’s oil and gas output until 1 April 2024. This makes is impossible to examine the statistics of the sector that generates over 20% of Russia’s GDP. This decision was taken on the basis of an act passed in February this year allowing the Kremlin to temporarily suspend the publication of any economic indicators.

The increasingly restricted access to Russian statistical data offers the government more and more options to use statistics for propaganda purposes, and to convince both the West and its own citizens that the state is immune to sanctions and the costs of war. There have been numerous reservations about the credibility of the data Russia has published in recent years. The Russian Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat) frequently changes the methodology it uses, the way the data is presented and the frequency of publication, which has made it difficult or even impossible to compare the information it issues in the long run. Questions were also often raised about updates to the data which significantly altered previous readings, something Rosstat could not explain

Given the numerous objections to Rosstat’s work, the statistics published in Russia should be approached with great caution. In many cases, however, we have no other information than that presented by the official statistics service. No other agency has the ability to collect and process data from all regions and sectors of the economy.

carnegieendowment.org...

In the four months since it went to war with Ukraine, the Kremlin has blocked public access to an unprecedented volume of economic statistics. Those operating outside the government machine have been left working in the dark, with the quality of independent evaluations and predictions suffering accordingly.

Classifying economic and budgetary statistics as secrets makes it harder for all players in the domestic economy to understand what is happening, worsens the quality of analysis and public debate, and leads to speculation on the markets based on fragmentary data. Only the internal evaluations of state officials are regarded as authoritative, and they may have their own reasons for distorting the data, not least to keep their bosses happy.

Those aren't Twitter so maybe a bit above ya but please try and give them a read.

Little odd that an economy chugging along on all cylinders would need to hide data that they had made public for years prior wouldn't you agree? Particularly if that same data would show the real( or close to possible in Russia, even previous to this change, certainty isn't a word you often hear associated with Rosstat and MED reporting ) state of the Russian finicials.

You're familiar with vranyo vnex ya? If you are, you'd have to agree that it isn't just a term applied to the military, it's applied to wider society. Russia has elevated vranyo to an art form.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes, asking for him/her to substantiate it's claims are apparently like kryptonite to them.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Still waiting for the OP to post some evidence for it's claim.

Guess I'll keep waiting.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm seriously expecting them to keep claiming that all is well, right up until the moment that Putin gets defenestrated.
I'm also wondering if Russia will soon start reactivating its reserves of T34/85s and maybe even Stalin-2s.

EDIT: I'm also wondering when they start putting potatoes into the reactive armour on whatever tanks they have left.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"They thought that the sanctions would cripple Russia's ecmocny instated it is opposite."

Bored now.

Are you ever going to post some evidence for your claim?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That is only prooving they are not doing so well.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
if i had 81 rubels, i could exchange them for 1 dollar.

in feb of 2022, if i had 76 rubels i could exchange 1 dollar.

or here let me put this way, 1 rubel = $0.012 U.S. dollars today, in feb 2022 1 rubel = $0.013 dollars. or RUB to USD Chart
-21.96%

man the rubel sure has man some leaps and bounds in the past year. gained just 5 rubes, just barley above where it was when the war started. wasn't there somebody on here that said when invasion and sanctions started. that russian oil would save the day and the sympathizers would pull russia out.

why yes i think there was and they used twitter as a reliable source. i think i might try to find a quote and post it.
when i get time.
edit on 3-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Back on topic, still waiting for evidence that Russia's economy is the opposite of crippled from the OP.

You'll be waiting for at least a decade for that evidence.

Not signing up to that, matey.

It's much more fun there.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Doesn’t matter how much in debt the US supposedly is, it’s all just digits on a screen anyway.

Point is, the entire world believes the US dollar holds value, which is a lot more than you can say about the Russian ruble… lol.

Any way you cut it, Russia has a population of 140 million with gdp below Canada. They’re a border line 3rd world country.

edit on 3-6-2023 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Again, a source for that claim, please?

You wouldn't believe it if we took the time and effort to find you a "source" so why bother...

I'm genuinely curious how long did you believe Russia rigged the 2016 election?

How long did you believe Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation?

You definitely strike me as someone who whole heartedly believed all of that nonsense with little to no evidence provided. So would you kindly stop asking people for sources like you are incapable of doing your own independent critical research and thinking.

Or is that your thing making people waste their time for your silly requests for sources you will instantly dismiss? Way to evolve and grow as a human ol' chap...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join