It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young man couldn't withdraw his own money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

I'm betting they also charge through the nose for the security courier and delivery service, after all, they are banks.

Then again people lifting over £300,000 with any sort of regularity are not exactly not going to be able to foot the additional costs.

Banks are bastards, but they are a necessary evil, and required in this day of age for people to do business, and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

If i had £300,000 in an account(not much chance of that all the same) i certainly would not wish for someone to simply be able to turn up and lift the totality of the sum without first having to jump through a few security hoops.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Totally agree fella 👍
Another reason I have zero problems with 'hoops to jump through' if the hoops stop fat thieving #ers from fitting through...and stealing MY hard earned cash!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Went into Barclays to withdraw £15000, bar some slightly raised eyebrows and some questions that I answered immediately, no issues. If they refused I woulda punched em in the stomach and rip out their goddamn spine arrghghhhhh!!

It's probably easier if you're dressed like a dapper chap, but I look like the Harry Enfield character.

Oi you!
Shut your mouth and look at my wad!
Loadsamoney!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Actually did lol reading that!🤣
I'm the oldest living male in my family now, and if I make it to 2043 I'll break family records for staying alive.

I'm hoping cash will last 20 more years at least, if only so I can die biting the face off any # stealing it from me!
Being robbed digitally, with zero chance of using 'reasonable force' just seems a tragic bleak future to me!😥
edit on 4-6-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Correct error lol

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm hoping cash will last 20 more years at least, if only so I can die biting the face off any # stealing it from me!

As long as there are grey and black market economies that the bankers facilitate and profit from behind the curtain or otherwise paper/plastic cash money will be a thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I hate when it starts playing doubles my bad.
edit on 4-6-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Absolutely!
I chuckled to myself thinking about it the other day, the amount of dirty 'official' cash that is essential in our corrupt system of governance, just can't disappear over night... how do you pay untraceable bribes then??!!

<< 1   >>

join