It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyiv currently being hit in a rare daytime raid attacks and shelling all along the eastern front

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You just keep on doing as you as you are. You don't need anyone's approval.

I may not always agree with you but I appreciate the effort you put into your threads and you make people think.
In addition you are always respectful, consider alternative viewpoints and are not set in a polarised perspective.

Have a pint on me!

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am sorry for the offense, didn't even know you started this thread, was speaking generally (I lurk here since 2015.)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some more info on the subject.

edit on 29-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

The Russians are 'upping' their tactics. I am impressed, actually ... as apparently they used waves of drones and decoys at night to deplete Ukrainian air defenses, allowing for continued successful strikes into the daylight hours. Bravo, boys!

Now if only they could end this war on Russian terms; so, that my hard earned US tax dollars could actually be spent helping Americans, instead of being sent to Ukraine to kill Russians ... a people with whom I have zero problems.

southfront.org...

Respectfully your hard-earned tax dollars are helping Americans, unfortunately, it's just helping a few of the American politicians plugged into the Ukraine MIC war machine.

I was against American involvement from the beginning and certainly against the amount of support, still am
simply because I don't believe Ukraine can get the territory back, but completely understand them wanting to try and now we are engaged it's better for the West to win the peace than for Russia to run roughshod over Ukraine. Which now they most certainly would do.

Im a big believer in self-determination if Ukrainians want to fight for this, it's easier to get behind them, than Russia. After all, if Ukrainians saw themselves and Russians as brothers how come more refugees of this Russian Military Operation to save Russians in Ukraine ended up going to other countries than Russia? Makes no sense especially since Russia made it super easy to get to Russia, whereas the NATO and European-aligned refugees had a much harder time finding places to go yet approximately 4.8 million choose to not go to Russia VS approximately 3.3 who did, talk about voting with your feet.

And Im not even mentioning the vast majority of refugees were from the Eastern Provinces which the Kremlin said had the most Russian nationals, It just doesn't add up. Now considering that was about 8% of Ukraine's overall population one would think that ratio would likely mirror the 2014 Ukranian election process, would it not?.

edit on 29-5-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You just keep on doing as you as you are. You don't need anyone's approval.

I may not always agree with you but I appreciate the effort you put into your threads and you make people think.
In addition you are always respectful, consider alternative viewpoints and are not set in a polarised perspective.

Have a pint on me!

Hell, I never agree with anybody close to even 90% more like 70% tops, hell I have good friends, lifelong friends and I don't agree with them 70% of the time.

How do we expect people from different backgrounds and life experiences to agree on everything, as long as we have mostly the same common values and priorities then live and let live? Not to sound political but emphasize where we do agree and tolerate respectfully where we don't.

It's funny but Ive learned a lot from my 2 liberal daughters, we all 3 have my stubborn streak, yet we all love each other immensely and respect each other's opinions. They are both intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and old enough now that we all enjoy discussing certain current events and virtually every hot-button topic there is, but you had better get your facts straight.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gentzen
I am sorry for the offense, didn't even know you started this thread, was speaking generally (I lurk here since 2015.)

LOL, no worries evidently I need to work on my presentation of sarcasm specifically sarcastic humor, Ive missed the mark twice in this thread alone.

I shouldn't post a thread expecting a discussion and get snarkily sarcastic when you were just discussing it as well.

No harm, no foul

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Japan has promised something big ( yen wise that is ).
a reply to: musicismagic

Japan sending something big ......

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

There now could be a lot going on that we haven't been told about. I really feel that both sides have been playing equal, but the tide of summer is now upon them.

About 60k Ukrainian forces have been training on western equipment over the winter, maybe it is that...

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Gentzen

LOL, no worries evidently I need to work on my presentation of sarcasm specifically sarcastic humor, Ive missed the mark twice in this thread alone.

I shouldn't post a thread expecting a discussion and get snarkily sarcastic when you were just discussing it as well.

No harm, no foul

I always throw a
at the end...seems to help

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Japan has promised something big ( yen wise that is ).
a reply to: musicismagic

Japan sending something big ......

upload.wikimedia.org...

Ah, I thought it would be a giant papier-mâché schlong from one of their fertility parades.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Using "Kyiv Independent" as a source is basically like using the "Weekly World News" as a source. I haven't seen any source on the war, Ukrainian or Russian, that spreads fake news and blatant propaganda as much and as bad as "Kyiv Independent".

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So do you really still believe the widespread attacks are fake?

If you noticed Misguided Angel I use 3 sources Livemap, Kyiv Independent and TASS, so are you suggesting TASS and the KI
and LM is going to spread the same general fake news, that Russia launched loads of cruise missile attacks and shelling across Ukraine on the 29th?

Here's TASS's take and below that is www.understandingwar.org...

tass.com...

MOSCOW, May 29. /TASS/. Russian forces delivered a strike by high-precision weapons against Ukrainian military airfields, destroying enemy command posts, aircraft, armament and ammunition depots in the past day during the special military operation in Ukraine, Defense Ministry Spokesman Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov reported on Monday.

"At night, Russian forces delivered a multiple strike by air-launched long-range precision weapons against enemy facilities at airfields. The goal of the strike was achieved. All the designated sites were destroyed. The strike wiped out Ukrainian command and radar posts, aircraft, armament and ammunition depots," the spokesman said.

"In areas near the settlements of Sinkovka in the Kharkov Region and Rozovka in the Lugansk People’s Republic, the activity of two Ukrainian subversive/reconnaissance groups was thwarted," the spokesman said.

The enemy’s losses in the Kupyansk direction in the past 24 hours amounted to "65 Ukrainian personnel, three motor vehicles, D-20 and D-30 howitzers," the general reported.

Russian forces eliminate 55 Ukrainian troops in Krasny Liman area
Russian combat aircraft and artillery struck Ukrainian army units in the Krasny Liman area, destroying roughly 55 enemy troops and a motorized artillery system in the past day, Konashenkov reported.

"As many as 55 Ukrainian personnel, two pickup trucks, a D-20 howitzer and a Gvozdika motorized artillery system" were destroyed in that area in the past 24 hours, the general reported.

Russian forces destroyed roughly 145 Ukrainian troops in the Donetsk area over the past day, Konashenkov reported.

"In the Donetsk direction, as many as 145 Ukrainian personnel, two armored combat vehicles, two pickup trucks and a D-30 howitzer were destroyed in the past 24 hours as a result of active operations by units of the southern battlegroup, air and artillery strikes," the spokesman said.

In the area of the settlement of Orlovka in the Donetsk People’s Republic, a US-made AN/TPQ-50 counter-battery radar was destroyed, the general said.

"In the area of the settlement of Maksimilyanovka in the Donetsk People’s Republic, two ammunition depots of the Ukrainian army’s 79th air assault brigade were destroyed," Konashenkov reported.

Russian forces eliminate 140 Ukrainian troops in southern Donetsk, Zaporozhye areas
Russian forces eliminated roughly 140 Ukrainian troops and an ammunition depot in the southern Donetsk and Zaporozhye areas over the past day, Konashenkov reported.

In the southern Donetsk and Zaporozhye directions, aircraft and artillery of Russia’s battlegroup East struck the Ukrainian army units in areas near the settlements of Ugledar in the Donetsk People’s Republic, Malinovka, Belogorye and Kamenskoye in the Zaporozhye Region, the spokesman specified.

"As many as 140 Ukrainian personnel, 10 motor vehicles and two D-30 howitzers were destroyed in those directions in the past 24 hours. In addition, a Ukrainian ammunition depot was obliterated near the settlement of Otradnoye in the Donetsk People’s Republic," the general reported.

Russian forces destroy 20 Ukrainian troops, three artillery guns in Kherson area
Russian forces destroyed about 20 Ukrainian troops and three artillery guns in the Kherson area over the past day, Konashenkov reported.

"In the Kherson direction, as many as 20 Ukrainian personnel, three pickup trucks, a D-30 howitzer and two Gvozdika motorized artillery systems were destroyed in the past 24 hours as a result of damage inflicted by firepower," the spokesman said.

Russian forces wipe out Ukrainian arms depot in Kherson area
Russian forces destroyed a Ukrainian armament depot in the Kherson area over the past day, Konashenkov reported.

"In the area of the settlement of Berislav in the Kherson Region, a hangar storing armaments and military equipment of the Ukrainian army’s 126th territorial defense brigade was destroyed. In addition, a command/observation post and an artillery armament depot of the Ukrainian army’s 110th mechanized brigade were destroyed in the area of the settlement of Avdeyevka in the Donetsk People’s Republic," the spokesman said.

During the last 24-hour period, operational/tactical and army aviation and artillery of the Russian group of forces struck 87 Ukrainian artillery units at firing positions, manpower and military equipment in 124 areas," the general reported.

Russian air defenses intercept three Storm Shadow missiles
Russian air defense forces intercepted three Storm Shadow cruise missiles and 13 HIMARS rockets and shot down 14 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles over the past day, Konashenkov reported.

In addition, Russian air defense systems destroyed 14 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles in areas near the settlements of Verkhnekamenka, Novodruzhesk and Pshenichnoye in the Lugansk People’s Republic, Yasnoye in the Donetsk People’s Republic, Vasilyevka, Lyubimovka and Konstantinovka in the Zaporozhye Region, the general reported.

In all, the Russian Armed Forces have destroyed 429 Ukrainian warplanes, 235 combat helicopters, 4,371 unmanned aerial vehicles, 424 surface-to-air missile systems, 9,324 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 1,100 multiple rocket launchers, 4,934 field artillery guns and mortars and 10,527 special military motor vehicles since the beginning of the special military operation in Ukraine, Konashenkov reported.

Russian forces conducted another series of strikes against Ukraine with cruise missiles and Iranian-made drones overnight on May 28 to 29 and during the day on May 29. The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Russian forces launched 40 Kh-101/Kh-555 air-based cruise missiles and 38 Shahed-131/136 drones on the night of May 28 to 29 and 11 Iskander-M/K missiles during the day on May 29.[1] The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Ukrainian air defenses destroyed in all 36 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles, 30 Shahed drones, and all 11 Iskander missiles.[2] Ukrainian officials reported that Ukrainian forces intercepted all 11 Iskander missiles, and 40 cruise missiles and Shahed drones that targeted Kyiv City and Kyiv Oblast.[3] Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian forces also intercepted missiles and drones near the cities of Lviv, Mykolaiv, and Odesa and that Russian forces struck port infrastructure in Odesa City and a military infrastructure facility in Khmelnytskyi Oblast.[4] Russian forces launched a relatively higher number of missiles than in recent series of strikes following the largest Russian series of Shahed strikes since the start of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine on May 28.[5] ISW previously assessed that Russian forces began a new limited air campaign in recent months to degrade Ukrainian counteroffensive capabilities, but that the Russian prioritization of targeting Kyiv is likely further limiting the campaign’s ability to meaningfully constrain potential Ukrainian counteroffensive actions.[6]

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

I haven't seen any source on the war, Ukrainian or Russian, that spreads fake news and blatant propaganda as much and as bad as "Kyiv Independent".

You must have missed Putin moving his lips then.

Coz he's been telling porkies pies since the beginning of his war.

Take for instance the doozy that the big massive buildup of troops and equipment on the Ukrainian border was nothing to worry about and merely a training exercise.

edit on 30-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

There now could be a lot going on that we haven't been told about. I really feel that both sides have been playing equal, but the tide of summer is now upon them.

About 60k Ukrainian forces have been training on western equipment over the winter, maybe it is that...

Probably about sixty days worth of meat for the grinder then, what a joke.

Hopefully Russia will step things up. Personally I want to see hundreds of cruise missiles a day hitting Ukraine, not tens.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

its a fake lol

i doubt they have shot down any hypersonic missiles, but russia also likes to spew nonsense as well.
they also claim to destroy himars every week.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: spartan002

i doubt they have shot down any hypersonic missiles

You may wish to consider the fact that the Kinzhal is not a true hypersonic missile.

And for the majority of its journey time travels at around Mach 4.

Hence the reason the Patriots PAC 3 missiles which can handle targets traveling upwards of Mach 5, are able to take them down.

Kinzhals only go hypersonic in the final phase of travel to the target and are also unable to maneuver at hypersonic velocity.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

maybe but they haven't shown any convincing evidence to show otherwise, same as russia hasn't shown any blown up himars that they supposedly take out every week.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spartan002

Yes they have, above is what remains of a Russian Kinzhal missile with a hole in its head downed a few weeks ago in Ukraine by a Patriot missile.

And all those remaining parts will have part numbers that can be traced which is pretty convincing.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Probably about sixty days worth of meat for the grinder then, what a joke.

Hopefully Russia will step things up. Personally I want to see hundreds of cruise missiles a day hitting Ukraine, not tens.

Just how full of hate and glorifying death and destruction can a person be?

Again, you think all this is a "joke"? As in "funny"?

When did you lose your humanity?

Show me on the doll where those bad Ukrainians hurted you.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I'm just guessing here, but you sound like if you were around in WW2, you would be calling for more V1s and V2s to rain down on civilians in London?

Pretty much the same sort of thing you are cheerleading for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join