It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyiv currently being hit in a rare daytime raid attacks and shelling all along the eastern front

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gentzen
Must be somewhat tiring to post these Ukraine-Russia "War" news updates every day since Feb. 2022.
A substitute for the analogously real pandemic.

Oh, I apologize in the future I'll make sure to DM my choice of thread topics for your approval. Would you prefer I start a transgender beer ad thread instead?

LOL and yes I bought the COVID pandemic hook line and sinker, why do I get boosters every 12 hours you can never be too careful these days.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: musicismagic

Apparently, Kyiv was hit yesterday by a new massive Russian drone attack, consisting of 54 drones or thereabouts, with 52 or so being knocked down via the air defense network they have in place.

Not sure they launched any Kinzhal all the same for obvious reasons.

As to whether or not this claim is fake guess that remains to be seen.

Shot down 52 of 54.
Baghdad Bob approves hahahaha.
Ukraine is about as likely to defeat Russia as Canada or Mexico are to defeat the USA.
We are living in a world of self delusion. Just for giggles I guess.
Doesn’t even matter that we all despise Putin and the govt of Russia …… adult reality should be acknowledged at least a little bit.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I was being sarcastic, hell Ive done a thread on the Kinzhals myths, where supposedly 3 scientists on the program were arrested in Moscow

I do apologize if i missed the sarcasm, easy to do when people are from different places simply using words.

Im growing to hate this place, so many hyper-reactionary responses. I just enjoy discussing the war and what's going to happen.

Hypersonics are not the unstoppable wunderwaffen some people seem to assume.

And the Russian Kinzhals are not even true hypersonic missiles given the fact that they simply cannot maneuver at hypersonic velocity which makes them nothing more than air-launched extremely expensive assisted ballistic missiles.

As to the discussion, me too, and i always enjoy doing so with yourself putnam6.

LOL, no worries andy06shake LOL getting a bit defensive myself.

Ive used liveuamap.com... for a number of posts, especially way back during the protests, but now they aren't a legit source

Funny how some individual's post on Twitter is a legit sources, but Liveuamap isn't. Plenty of other sources picking up some of the same info

abcnews.go.com...

But as always if Im wrong factually point it out, LOL, and I'll work on making my posts less ambiguous.

Just like you Im for the innocent Ukrainian people in the middle, who are being put through this crap, regardless of my other opinions about who what where, and why of the war.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

FWIW according to TASS Russia hasn't had one of thier Kinzhals or cruise missiles shot down ever.

Really coz here is one with a hole in its head that Kyiv's Patriot missile defense made last week or thereabouts.

Kinzhals are nowhere near as invincible as Russia claimed.

The majority of the Kinzhal missile's flight time, the speed it travels is around Mach 4.

Which is well within the reach of the PAC 3 Patriot missiles that brought them down, which can handle targets traveling upwards of Mach 5.

The Kinzhal only approaches hypersonic speed in the last leg of its journey to the target, and cannot maneuver at such high velocity, which makes it as susceptible to modern air defense networks as any other cruise missile attack.

Choose to believe as you wish all the same.

Nice staged photo. Reminds one of those FBI gems that mysteriously show up with a massive pile of random stuff, with one or two “maybe” telling pieces on top / dead center. Always damning of their hated target, of course.
edit on 29-5-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Further corroborative evidence... even though it's CNN and they will play it to the hilt, and have a spin, it doesn't mean it isn't factual either.

www.cnn.com...

31 min ago
Ukraine promises swift retaliation after latest barrage of Russian missile attacks
From CNN's Tim Lister

The head of Ukraine's Defense Intelligence promised retribution "very soon" after the latest wave of Russian missile and drone attacks against Kyiv and other locations.

"All those in Russia who still believed, believe or maybe dream that they can frighten Ukraine, I want to disappoint you — this is not true. Everyone has been and is still at their workplaces and continues to do their jobs," Kyrylo Budanov said in an interview Monday.
He added: "All those who tried to scare us, dreaming that it would have some effect, will regret it very soon. Our response will not be delayed. Everyone will see everything soon."

More than 70 drones and missiles have been fired by Russian forces since Sunday night, according to Ukrainian officials, who say the great majority were intercepted.

Yurii Ihnat, spokesperson for the Ukrainian Air Force, said that the missile barrage Monday appears to have been largely with Iskander missiles, either in ballistic or cruise mode. Ballistic missiles travel faster and are more difficult to intercept, though the Ukrainian military insists all 11 missiles that were fired toward Kyiv in a rare daytime barrage were brought down.

Ihnat also noted on Ukrainian television that there's a possibility that S-300 and S-400 missiles were used.

"The direction of the attack was from the north," Ihnat said, without indicating whether the missiles were fired by Russian units based in southern Belarus or in Russia.

Asked whether recently received US Patriot missile batteries had been in action, Ihnat said: "I think you can guess, if Iskander-M missiles were shot down, then one can conclude what kind of means were used to hit such targets, ballistic targets."

The Kyiv city military administration said the daytime barrage was the 16th attack on the capital since the beginning of the month. "Thus, the enemy changed its tactics — after prolonged, nighttime attacks only, it struck a peaceful city during the day, when most residents were at work and outside. In other words, the Russians are clearly demonstrating that they are aiming to destroy the civilian population."

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I was being sarcastic, hell Ive done a thread on the Kinzhals myths, where supposedly 3 scientists on the program were arrested in Moscow

I do apologize if i missed the sarcasm, easy to do when people are from different places simply using words.

Im growing to hate this place, so many hyper-reactionary responses. I just enjoy discussing the war and what's going to happen.

Hypersonics are not the unstoppable wunderwaffen some people seem to assume.

And the Russian Kinzhals are not even true hypersonic missiles given the fact that they simply cannot maneuver at hypersonic velocity which makes them nothing more than air-launched extremely expensive assisted ballistic missiles.

As to the discussion, me too, and i always enjoy doing so with yourself putnam6.

LOL, no worries andy06shake LOL getting a bit defensive myself.

Ive used liveuamap.com... for a number of posts, especially way back during the protests, but now they aren't a legit source

Funny how some individual's post on Twitter is a legit sources, but Liveuamap isn't. Plenty of other sources picking up some of the same info

abcnews.go.com...

But as always if Im wrong factually point it out, LOL, and I'll work on making my posts less ambiguous.

Just like you Im for the innocent Ukrainian people in the middle, who are being put through this crap, regardless of my other opinions about who what where, and why of the war.

It’s amazing that in this day and age, we have people cheering for a war that we all know is a total White House neocon RINO Hollywood production, with a fake CIA installed Ukraine prez who earned the starring role by promising to let them kill as many of the Ukraine men, teens, and children as they want, in exchange for huge piles of cash.
We have real human adults watching it as fans, cheering and hooting, a spectator sport.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Ukraine is about as likely to defeat Russia as Canada or Mexico are to defeat the USA.

Ukraine is fighting for its very survival as a nation and has NATO and the support of the greater part of the rest of the civilised nations of the world aka most of the United Nations behind them.

Russia is about as likely to defeat that sort of combined force as they are to land a Man on Venus.

Doesn’t even matter that we all despise Putin and the govt of Russia

For very good reasons all the same.

adult reality should be acknowledged at least a little bit.

The thing is Putin seems to be living in his own little fantasy world where he thinks he can get away with whatever he pleases, surrounded by sycophants afraid to tell him the truth.

And the truth is his actions will have consequences and Ukraine simply is not up for capitulation anytime soon.
edit on 29-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
Nice staged photo. Reminds one of those FBI gems that mysteriously show up with a massive pile of random stuff, with one or two “maybe” telling pieces on top / dead center. Always damning of their hated target, of course.

So like... are all of the Ukrainian citizens just playing along? I do have acquaintances in both Russia and Ukraine that are very vocal about the war. Well did have one in Russia. He just moved to Florida out of disappointment in his country.

Why do you think it's fake? HOW would it be fake?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The thing is all those pieces have part numbers that will be traceable.

And of course, the picture is staged, for very good reason.

You see missiles that get blown out of the sky or hit the ground going Mach 10 don't leave manny pieces intact or much else really.

Nonetheless, that's a Russian Kinzhal, or at least the pieces of such.

And their ""hypersonic missile"" somewhat less invincible than claimed.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ukraine is fighting for its very survival as a nation and has NATO and the support of the greater part of the rest of the civilised nations of the world aka most of the United Nations.

Russia is about as likely to defeat that sort of combined force as they are to land a Man on Venus.

The thing is Putin seems to be living in his own little fantasy world where he thinks he can get away with whatever he pleases, surrounded by sycophants afraid to tell him the truth.

And the truth is his actions will have consequences and Ukraine simply is not up for capitulation anytime soon.

Not sure where it is we disagree.
I’m just saying that the war is a farce, Ukraine will never “win”, and it’s all just a vector or conduit for mountains of cash and the CIA playing chess with real thousands of living people, soon to be dead.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The Russians are 'upping' their tactics. I am impressed, actually ... as apparently they used waves of drones and decoys at night to deplete Ukrainian air defenses, allowing for continued successful strikes into the daylight hours. Bravo, boys!

Now if only they could end this war on Russian terms; so, that my hard earned US tax dollars could actually be spent helping Americans, instead of being sent to Ukraine to kill Russians ... a people with whom I have zero problems.

southfront.org...

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Must be that great, great "spring offensive" that leads to the ukrainian Endsieg...

Hi Beo

You're closer than you think.

This is precisely what the Soviet command did to the German positions before the German offensive at Kursk kicked off.

What it tells me is that the Russian command expects the Ukrainian offensive to commence shortly.

Cheers

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Me neither for the most part.

I’m just saying that the war is a farce

I suppose that depends on where one is standing at the time, from Ukrainian perspective or some poor Russian trooper far from home, i bet it's pretty real.

Ukraine will never “win”

They are not up for capitulation or giving up far as i can see.

And NATO would be silly to back a losing horse.

Ukraine will stand as long as we support them, and that simply has to be longer than Russia can support itself.

and it’s all just a vector or conduit for mountains of cash and the CIA playing chess with real thousands of living people, soon to be dead.

Think it may be a tad more complex than that to be honest.

As to playing chess with real thousands of living people, soon to be dead, nothing new on that score.

But i would say that in this instance, thats Putin and his iks doing as opposed to the CIA.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Ukrainians will face jail time if they film attacks in the Capital.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Some proof to back up that claim might be nice.

Where is that now?

Think you may find it's your beloved mother Russia that hands down or threatens their poor citizens with 15-year gaol sentences should they say or show the wrong thing or choose to step out of line.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Yes, we discussed this before.

It is called "operations security". The photographs can be used to geolocate the position of Ukrainian air defense units.

It is very understandable that Ukraine doesn't want that information made available to the Russian military. Thus, photography not allowed.

More broadly, such things are enforced in any country, even during times of peace. Photography of military forces is usually forbidden except during public displays like parades.

Cheers

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It was proposed that they serve15 days, but it's not a law yet.

5 more people were detained filming the work of air defense in Kyiv. A total of 32 people have been detained so far. People's deputies of Ukraine propose to plant for 15 days for a photo / video of the work of air defense.

twitter.com...

And, as Cav said just above me. It is for a good reason. 15 days, if we're ever made into law, is less than they would deserve.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Put it this way vNex92 if some poor Ukranian happens to film a Russian drone/missile pass overhead or strike the house next door.

And chooses to post the evidence of such, i don't imagine anybody is apt to stop them really, bar it somehow threatens national security, or gives away air defense positions.

Not so in your beloved Russia where merely protesting the war or calling it such can and will land you in gaol.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Ukraine is fighting for its very survival as a nation and has NATO and the support of the greater part of the rest of the civilised nations of the world aka most of the United Nations.

I’m just saying that the war is a farce, Ukraine will never “win”, and it’s all just a vector or conduit for mountains of cash and the CIA playing chess with real thousands of living people, soon to be dead.

FWIW I can't argue with that assessment at all SR, hell Ive said it myself numerous times.

There are 2 parts the political/aspects and the actual battlefield aspects. Politically I trust no one involved here, even militarily you have to wade through the fog of war and propaganda on both sides. But its no different than when we realized in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan the public was lied to, but we still supported our troops.

In this case, I get the 2014 angle I really do, but IMHO again Putin essentially got beat at his own game, unless you believe he wasn't pumping in money, peddling influence, and fixing elections too. That doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just the way it is, America does it, Russia does it, and NATO countries do it too. Hell who was the British agent Steele? he was in the middle of the Trump dossier. Do you see where im going with this, it's what people in power do they can't help themselves. but it's definitely a game and most countries play it.

Is there any doubt certain Asian countries do as well?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The first time Ive heard of that is when the Patriot Missile battery was hit, its basic operational security. FWIW on live map plenty of pics of damage etc. Perhaps they are official images, who knows, but respectfully if the Russians say they fired off x number of missiles there are only 3 options they hit their target, they miss the target and destroy something else or they get shot down and debris rains downs possibly killing or injuring people. In this case, it's actually rocket science.

FWIW to a certain extent I have no animosity towards the average Russian soldier and definitely none of the Russian conscripts, most were thrown in the middle of the political and diplomatic mess, and are paying for it in blood, flesh, and bone.

liveuamap.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join