It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakhmut officially falls. Medvedev responds to Elon Musk.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I blame American fat women with blue hair that forgot to get a Ukrainian bumper sticker

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If you want to see what Russia has finally "won" after almost 9 months, go to about 8:30 of this video...

www.youtube.com...

Also, if you want really unbiased analysis of the war, that dude in the video is someone you should be watching.

I wonder if Russia understands what a Pyrrhic victory really is. But hey, they added a few more km^2 to their total, while Ukraine has taken back about double the size of Bakhmut around it's flanks.

Glorious victory for Mother Russia though, all hail the mighty bear lol.
edit on 21-5-2023 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: EternalShadow

The American people do win, sending obscene amounts of money to a war zone alleviates inflationary debt off the American peoples backs. That's one of the functions of empires and war.

I think you're missing my point but I can hear that, lol.

Ask your average middle class working schmuck if he or she is winning. Most will probably say 'no'.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I could only watch it for a few minutes, the dudes voice is annoying as heck.

Bakmut whatever, its the whole picture that matters, don’t believe russias hype.
edit on 21-5-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Of course they won't say yes, because they have they're own issues and believe that money going to them will solve their issues.

America is in a mass psychosis right now. An empire in decline. You comparing people who have access to food 24 / 7, access to opportunity and jobs, and aren't in a war zone like ukrsine to other places is part of that.

The US government allowed billions of dollars to be printed and all of it wasn't meant to go into its own economy, it was meant to go somewhere else so America can win some more and by proxy the american citizens do 'win' they just can't admit that fact and continue squabble over their own problems. Alienated beyond repair.

That's the harsh truth.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
America has to be involved in a war somehow every few years to cover up for all the dirty sh1te they've been doing for years.
"Where'd all that money go? Eh, war"

And the people are dumb enough to lap it up

Respectfully tell me how that knowledge changes one thing. oh yeah, it just adds to the frustration over something 99% of us have no control over even with your astute enlightening knowledge. FWIW it probably has toots form long ago but it's Eisenhower's fireside chat was the Rubicon from which there is no return. Unless you have a theory on how to change it? not just a theory a plan, not just a plan, but an exact Primer and the ability to convey it to 330 million people. Till then

It's not the system we want or need, but it's definitely the system we deserve.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Ya, guy has an inoperable brain tumour and something connected to it is causing him issues with his voice/vocal chords. He's talked about seeing a ENT doc a couple of times. If you can get past that, he does provide a pretty good take on things. He's been there as a journalist, has contacts inside Ukraine and he definitely isn't Ukrainian cheerleader. He's one of the few channels I would recommend for straight discussion about the war. No rah rahing either side. He tries to stick with known facts and skips the speculative BS that too many like to engage in. He's also been a soldier and has empathy towards both sides soldiers who are fighting there.

And ya, I realize it's big picture that matters but so does the small things that make up the big picture. Little things can, and often do, have a big impact. This "win" for the Russians is they've gained a ruined city that may be hard to hold because of the sheer destruction. There is nothing to defend. Themselves and the Ukrainians have blown it all up.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Casually waiting for the usual suspects to join us here and explain how this isn't a win for Russia and that any day now Russia will run out of missiles then just give up and go home...

But only if we send a few more billion...

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Cant find much on it except on a China newspaper. My guess is it fell to Russia. So how long will Joe keep biden his time as if Ukraine falls so will he.

Russia Reportedly Capturing Bakhmut Helps Moscow gain Advantage
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Love the sarcasm a reply to: strongfp

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Don't worry, there's a few billion more going over there to be wasted in less than a month.

Those 'golden parachutes' for the neocons is working out splendidly!

Ukraine is just a laundry mat for one of the largest wealth transfers (HEIST) in history. This whole circus is about to nosedive and these 'elites' are taking care of their legacies and families into perpetuity before it all goes pear shaped.

Look at the whole picture. Everyone wins except the American people and the country. The MIC wins, Ukraine wins, the pharmaceutical companies win, the politicians that approve and provide the funding win, the insider traders win, etc. etc.

The rest of us can eat boot stew.

Would you want an armed populace if you were doing this?

Probably not.

If this is already happening and the populace is already armed then it follows that an armed populace is irrelevant.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Uks decided have bleed Russians enough , was not worth the cost Better to retreat, regroup and continue fighting
Vlad the Mad can now beat his chest and claim victory over few acres of rubble At height of fighting was costing Russian 800 casualties a day , 25,000 a month Every day Uks get stronger as more aid from Nato flows in while Russia is losing more and more men and equipment

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Bakhmut has cost Russia roughly 150,000 dead and wounded. Ukraine about 40,000. The city is not very important strategically. To put that into perspective it has cost Russia almost the entire number of troops that began the initial invasion - staggering. Proper WW2 lunacy.

Ukraine effectively withdrew. I think some may be surprised by what comes next.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ASrubWhoDiedAgain

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Don't worry, there's a few billion more going over there to be wasted in less than a month.

Those 'golden parachutes' for the neocons is working out splendidly!

Ukraine is just a laundry mat for one of the largest wealth transfers (HEIST) in history. This whole circus is about to nosedive and these 'elites' are taking care of their legacies and families into perpetuity before it all goes pear shaped.

Look at the whole picture. Everyone wins except the American people and the country. The MIC wins, Ukraine wins, the pharmaceutical companies win, the politicians that approve and provide the funding win, the insider traders win, etc. etc.

The rest of us can eat boot stew.

Would you want an armed populace if you were doing this?

Probably not.

If this is already happening and the populace is already armed then it follows that an armed populace is irrelevant.

Maybe to some short sighted 'elite' sitting in an ivory tower somewhere, but here at ground level, it definitely matters.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You comparing people who have access to food 24 / 7, access to opportunity and jobs, and aren't in a war zone like ukrsine to other places is part of that.

Gaslight much? When did I state anything close to that statement?

The US government allowed billions of dollars to be printed and all of it wasn't meant to go into its own economy, it was meant to go somewhere else so America can win some more and by proxy the american citizens do 'win' they just can't admit that fact and continue squabble over their own problems. Alienated beyond repair.

Well aware of that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You implied average middle class people don't feel like they're winning.

Those are the people who do win. But will complain the most, yet have access to every basic American comfort if they need it.
Those are the people who voted and protested against the draft and Vietnam War, and left the poor of America to fill their shoes.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
🇷🇺🐻🇷🇺🐻🇷🇺🐻🇷🇺🐻💪

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You implied average middle class people don't feel like they're winning.

Those are the people who do win. But will complain the most, yet have access to every basic American comfort if they need it.

They win by working hard for it, not because some psychopathic warhawks decide to fund a proxy war or whatever.

What's wrong with earning and enjoying those comforts?? Certainly DOES NOT require the shell game you describe in order to arrive at the same result. So again, who's winning?
edit on 5/21/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow, if ATS isn’t a Russian propaganda site I don’t know what is. It’s been obvious for awhile but y’all have proved it.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I remember on twitter a year ago zelensky supporters that city Bakhmut was irrelevant.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join