It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FED cuts rates to ZERO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sitting here speechless.

I've been trying....TRYING to let members here now that yes, the coronavirus is real, however it's just an excuse....the perfect excuse to bring in a back door New World Order.

I should have started a thread for it earlier, but like many threads here that are not Trump related, they just evaporate in the feed never to be seen again. Sad days on this site, but I digress..

I'm not going to bore anyone with charts and market speech, I'm going to explain it as simply as possible.

Back in 2008, the American people bailed out the banks. This time it's ENTIRE industries.

March 13th 2020: FRIDAY YHE 13TH

Steve Mnuchin announces the FED will provide UNLIMITED liquidity to the market.

Good bye capitalism, goodbye freedoms.

NO VOTE, NO DISCUSSION. THEY'RE DOING IT WITH YOUR MONEY.

March 15th 2020:

FED cuts the federal funds rate to ZERO and is pumping in another 700 BILLION VIRTUAL DOLLARS into quantitive easing. That's on top of the FIRST installment of 1.5 TRILLION they just blew last week, and...AND..the 500 BILLION A DAY they're pumping into the repo market.

This is FAR from over.

Next stop? NEGATIVE INTEREST RATES.

YOU are going to have to pay your financial institutions to hold your dough. Wonderful, right?

On hearing the news today, oil, gold, silver, and crypto shot up, and almost as fast, went back around where it was after closing last friday.

Folks, WE ARE WITNESSING A BACKDOOR BAILOUT OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!! ALL PREDICATED ON LIES AND A CONVENIENT VIRUS PANIC!

Here's the short list of industries that ARE going to receive your hard earned dollars to save their ass because capitalism be damned.

Airlines
Cruise ships
Energy sectors
Shipping
Multiple industries are now lining up to receive their handouts AND THEY'RE GOING TO GET IT.

I'm going to stop here, and I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. Call it a friendly FYI.

IF YOU READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED. Take it for what you will.

America is dead.

DEAD.

I'm not going to respond to comments that involve any political leader whatsoever. It's a waste of time discussing the words and actions of puppets hell bent on destroying the world.

How the market responds to this incredible news will tell the tale.

If this doesn't work....

RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I'm dead serious.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's all about the economy.

Oh... and November.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Was there a link or it's all over the news?

I am not a media watcher.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's all about the economy.

Oh... and November.

Trump runs the Fed now?

Interesting news!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dow futures are tracking 1000 down at this point.

Seems they are crabby.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Who said anything about Trump?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I should have followed all those Republican strategists when they moved to New Zealand.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I'm sitting here speechless.

I've been trying....TRYING to let members here now that yes, the coronavirus is real, however it's just an excuse....the perfect excuse to bring in a back door New World Order.

I should have started a thread for it earlier, but like many threads here that are not Trump related, they just evaporate in the feed never to be seen again. Sad days on this site, but I digress..

I'm not going to bore anyone with charts and market speech, I'm going to explain it as simply as possible.

Back in 2008, the American people bailed out the banks. This time it's ENTIRE industries.

March 13th 2020: FRIDAY YHE 13TH

Steve Mnuchin announces the FED will provide UNLIMITED liquidity to the market.

Good bye capitalism, goodbye freedoms.

March 15th 2020:

FED cuts the federal funds rate to ZERO and is pumping in another 700 BILLION VIRTUAL DOLLARS into quantitive easing. That's on top of the FIRST installment of 1.5 TRILLION they just blew last week, and...AND..the 500 BILLION A DAY they're pumping into the repo market.

This is FAR from over.

Next stop? NEGATIVE INTEREST RATES.

YOU are going to have to pay your financial institutions to hold your dough. Wonderful, right?

On hearing the news today, oil, gold, silver, and crypto shot up, and almost as fast, went back around where it was after closing last friday.

Folks, WE ARE WITNESSING A BACKDOOR BAILOUT OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!! ALL PREDICATED ON LIES AND A CONVENIENT VIRUS PANIC!

Here's the short list of industries that ARE going to receive your hard earned dollars to save their ass because capitalism be damned.

Airlines
Cruise ships
Energy sectors
Shipping
Multiple industries are now lining up to receive their handouts AND THEY'RE GOING TO GET IT.

I'm going to stop here, and I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. Call it a friendly FYI.

IF YOU READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED. Take it for what you will.

America is dead.

DEAD.

I'm not going to respond to comments that involve any political leader whatsoever. It's a waste of time discussing the words and actions of puppets hell bent on destroying the world.

How the market responds to this incredible news will tell the tale.

If this doesn't work....

RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I'm dead serious.

If negative interest rates happen, everyone will just go withdraw from the banks and lock it in a safe in a storage container. Nobody will keep their money in a bank if they have to pay to do it.

I don't disagree with the majority of your post, but this literally cannot happen, the banks will fold.
edit on 15-3-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Except the ones that are too big to fail.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's not convenient, no matter how fake the market is, people can read the tea leaves.

And the tea leaves say it's going to be a bloodbath because the outbreak of the virus has halted China, the manufacturing hub of the globe and one of the few places in the world where growth and market share is still up in the air, you want that market.

A lot of outside money invested in China is hurt. And that ripple is global.

Bang.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Ever hear of a credit freeze?

Very very very few banks have enough physical cash on hand to support a run on them.

Not good.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Considering that China and the US are tied at the hip in that regard, I find that a bit convenient as well.🤔

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

And the tea leaves say it's going to be a bloodbath because the outbreak of the virus has halted China,

A recession seems inevitable, yes.
But there have been some saying that for a while. This makes it a bit more so.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder if this will impact the mortgage and re-finance markets.

I have a very nice 3.75% 30 year fixed rate now, but if I could get below 2.75%, that would be very nice!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Its pretty much all over the financial sites and news services.

Some say ZERO others say close to ZERO.

I'm going to say we're screwed.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I should have followed all those Republican strategists when they moved to New Zealand.

Really? They're moving here? There goes the neighborhood!

Of course, now our borders are closed (to keep out the virus & other undesirables), they have to stay put.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All right, I saw this, too, and I have a serious question.

I also read that banks are no longer required to keep a minimum of cash on hand.

If this is true, how is this a good thing, especially if people need or want money, if they are not required to keep X amount of cash on hand?

I honestly do not understand.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This is where I have been focusing my attention, well this and tp jokes.

Were in deep and spending all the way down.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Of course, now our borders are closed (to keep out the virus & other undesirables), they have to stay put.

I think that’s the plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: ABNARTY

Its pretty much all over the financial sites and news services.

Some say ZERO others say close to ZERO.

I'm going to say we're screwed.

For three years, the US national debt has exceeded GDP. What did they think was going to happen? Who is going to bail them out?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join