It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any good shows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I must admit that never have I never seen [ except for a few episodes of each ]

Game of Thrones.
The Walking Dead.
The Expanse.
Stranger Things.
Breaking Bad
Yellowstone.
The Mandalorian...and several more. Pretty much all the "must see TV" of the last 5 years or so.

I try watching different things, but nothing seems to grab my attention and hold it. I'll give any show a chance, but if it doesn't give me that "I gotta see what happens next" vibe, I just give up.
Like when I first started watching "The Blacklist". It was intriguing from the opening scene and got better from there. I was hooked on Raymond Redington, The Concierge of Crime.
Not a fan of murder mysteries. 3 seconds of a romantic movie is 3 seconds too many. The Marvel Universe is "meh" at best.

I started re-watching The Blacklist from the beginning and other older shows like Eureka, Warehouse 13, Fringe, The X-Files, Stargate SG-1, House, Gunsmoke, MASH......you get the idea.

All the new stuff just seems 'meh".

It's not the woke crap that bothers me, it's just that it's not interesting. Flat, drab, poor acting, stupid scenarios...

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just getting old, but TV use to be a hell of a lot better.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Recently got our kiddo hooked on Babylon 5. Whole Lotta teachable moments on politics and politicians in there.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I liked
Mad Men
ER
Soprano

And even older shows

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yeah....[ sheepish grin ] never seen that either.

Anything like Battlestar Galactica ? Really enjoyed that and probably gonna start re watching it too.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Poker Face is fun:

Barry:

I didn't think I would, but I totally enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed Perry Mason:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

ER !
Yes !

Watched that for years. Even though I knew it was just a character, I got kinda sad when Dr. Mark Greene died. Anthony Edwards did such a good job, I hated to see the character go.

[ that's also where I got my crush on Alec Kingston before Dr Who ]

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Season one of Fargo is worth a watch.
Season one of True Detective.
The 2017 Twin Peaks series is pretty great if you liked the original.
If you like sci fi,Raised by Wolves and Foundation were both decent.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Me, too.
Greene was a great character....and the show ran forever.e

NYPD Blue.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If you're streaming instead of using cable or satellite there's a world of great UK and Aussie shows available through Prime. The acting, writing and directorship is far superior to most of the dross made in the US.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I saw season 1 of True Detective. McConaughey and Harrelson did a damn good job.

...think I'll watch it again.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Since April I've been binge watching Star Trek Discovery .

I've been phasing out star wars after this season of The Mandalorian. Was a diehard Star Wars Fan....

I've always felt Pike was the better Starfleet Officer than Kirk. Started watching Strange New World's early on, then my sister got me hooked on Star Trek Discovery . Up to S3 E4 now.

Oh, Pluto tv app. I got it for my spare PlayStation. Loads of old school freebies.

ok, gotta surrender the laptop for memory.

edit: By the way, Eureka was that last show I've watched on Sci-Fi. Never could find a good replacement after that. Oh I might get nostalgic at a Maytag commercial however.

edit on 19-5-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've always liked House of Cards through the first 4 seasons. Kevin Spacey did a good act. It's a show about political shenanigan's, so to speak.

Futurama is good for comedy. As well as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Turn is a series about America's first spy, set during the American Revolution. It's not a documentary, and I never checked if it was historically accurate or even based on any truth.

West World runs for 4 seasons, but the first 2 were better than the last 2. It's about humans using robots for vacation and pleasure, and the repercussions when consciousness gets confusing.

Quick Draw is a slapstick comedy set in the Wild West. Sheriff is a Harvard graduate trying to apply to state of the art criminal investigation techniques to typical crimes of the time.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JefeFeesh

A+ for reference

Futurama is good for comedy.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So say we all!!
such good stuff, almost forgot that was the first time i ever remember Katie Sackoff in anything, so glad they brought back the old man for the new series!

Anyway i got 2 for ya, maybe three

lately i have been captivated by "FROM", its Stars Harold Perrineau, who is also from Lost which was a great series!!

Then there is the great spaghetti wester space version "Firefly" which ends in one of my favorite full length films "serenity" but you have to watch in order dont watch the movie first, it loses so much meaning.

Hope you enjoy!

EDIT to ask: why dont the links work? its been a while, i think i fixed it...?
edit on 19pm31500000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Nope, maybe now? Nope, ok i give up, sorry just check youtube for the trailers

edit on 19pm31500000023 by datguy because: im a moron apparently

EDIT: i forgot am allowed to link the sites use to stream, they are all free and i've never had any bugs from it, just some annoying popups worst case

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The only show in the last 20 years I made a point to watch was the Doctor Who reboot, and unfortunately even that went off the rails.

Between the woke and a certain Fruit-TV service becoming very proud of their pricing, I haven't bothered with the last two Doctors. Earlier was better.
edit on 19-5-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Here ya go

I heard Firefly was really good!
edit on 19-5-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
SCI FI wise :
If you like Star Wars, Andor is the best star wars show out there. It leans much more to adults and what it would be like to be under rule of the galactic Empire.

Secondly, Apple has a great sci-fi show about a Galactic Emporer that lives indefinetly through clones, called "Foundation". This is one of the best sci-fi ive seen in a long time.
Side note : Apple's show "Invasion" (about an alien invasion) is pretty good too.
The show "Silo" (about a society living in a large underground base after an apocalpyse) seems promising as well.

Westworld on HBO is amazing too if you haven't seen that yet.

Lastly, Altered Carbon on Netflix is a great gritty sci-fi show set in the distant future. Only two seasons but its amazing if you like sci fi.

Anime : Cyberpunk - Really good and better than the video game. Great if you like anime sci-fi stuff.
edit on 19-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: datguy

I heard Firefly was really good!

Thank you

Firefly / serenity is a heart felt, well told adventure on par with the greats when it comes to the little guy fighting TPTB

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I just had a small part in this one, now I'm working crew on the Second season...

It should fit in well with the ATS milieu.

edit on 19-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul I hate 95% of the shows I watch but these were pretty damn close to perfect. I literally waited for the last 2 seasons of BCS and I never do that #.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join