It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Joining Budweiser

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I’ve recently reread 1984, and I I know it’s been said to death but I can’t help but notice a direct correlation to how certain things and topics are treated today. I remember when “question everything” was just part of the scientific method.
a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CR4SH0V3R1D3
These people want no part of scientific method.
They want no questions
Only unquestioned compliance

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This reminded me of John Goodman explaining nihilists to Donnie in the big Lebowski 😂👍

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: CR4SH0V3R1D3
IMO it’s all to short the stock price- think of the film “the producers” just another way of gaming the stock market. Kind of like the antithesis of what happened with gamestop stock

They. Made. This. 2. Years. Ago.

People are only mad about it now because some whackadoodle on YouTube told them to be mad. 🐑

March 31, 2020 is when the current system went in place.

Suspension of reserve ratio
Suspension of trading rules for commercial banks
A lot of stuff

But of all things we may be close to agreeing on this (but it’s been 3 years and almost 2 months).

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It would be nice to know who will be profiting on its short sale. Short selling involves borrowing a security whose price you think is going to fall from your brokerage and selling it on the open market. Your plan is to then buy the same stock back later, hopefully for a lower price than you initially sold it for, and pocket the difference after repaying the initial loan.
Sneaky sneaky sneaky

Long dated puts superior to short your sharp ratio is worse but you don’t pay interest. At the end you may have something worth nothing, options route. But did you have something worth something by shorting if you have conviction?

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This reminded me of John Goodman explaining nihilists to Donnie in the big Lebowski 😂👍

They aren’t NSDAP they are nihilists they believe in nothing and so there is nothing to fear.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I’ve recently reread 1984, and I I know it’s been said to death but I can’t help but notice a direct correlation to how certain things and topics are treated today. I remember when “question everything” was just part of the scientific method.

1984 is one of the most banned books in history, and there is a reason why.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not surprising. Reads like this administrations playbook. a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTitorSociety

It would be nice to know who will be profiting on its short sale. Short selling involves borrowing a security whose price you think is going to fall from your brokerage and selling it on the open market. Your plan is to then buy the same stock back later, hopefully for a lower price than you initially sold it for, and pocket the difference after repaying the initial loan.
Sneaky sneaky sneaky

Long dated puts superior to short your sharp ratio is worse but you don’t pay interest. At the end you may have something worth nothing, options route. But did you have something worth something by shorting if you have conviction?

My guess is they thought they’d eventually be able to turn the ship around and hope to gain another payout on the uptick

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Sneaky sneaky sneaky

My guess is they thought they’d eventually be able to turn the ship around and hope to gain another payout on the uptick

This is the thought. But if you really believe in the short don’t short unless it’s zero - you can do long dated puts.

And yes, the current admin is a naked short.

But most shorts are market makers hedging, not naked shorts, they have a long and a short position.

GameStop was relatively unique in that it had a lot of naked shorts as a % of shares outstanding. Then some tea tossing rebels squeezed the naked shorts, then some hedge funds jumped on board. Too much scale, the naked shorts were screwed no matter what they did.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Not mad its a case of still not knowing the audience its why it made no sense to me.

Vast majority of the people I know that overpay for a substandard truck, fit that same demographic that is currently walking away from bud light.

Its a poorly thought out pr move in my opinion.

ETA: doesnt matter if it was made today 2 years ago or a decade ago.
edit on 24-5-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Blackrock ESG rating. It seems to be what it's all about.

But here is the thing. I don't know how much validity this has but I was reading a comment by YouTube poster yesterday on a video about this subject. E stands for environmental, S stands for Social, G stands for governance. This commenter on YouTube claimed to work for some type of agency that deals with environmental issues among companies. And he said that no one cares about the environmental in the ESG rating Blackrock gives. But they are really concerned with the S rating?

Doesn't make sense to me. This is what is happening. It is a satanic agenda being pushed on humankind. The same companies that don't care about the environment care about social issues? No. Not at all. Satan and his demons want to ruin the earth.

Revelation 12:12 states: "On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

Someone quoted that verse in a song on a thread I made a couple of days ago.

It is about destroying humanity. Not about fixing things. It is about tearing down the fabric of society. Ruining society the way they are ruining the environment. Woe for the earth especially since after 1914 when Satan and his demons were cast out of heaven. They are rampaging the earth in a rage knowing that their time left is very very short.

It seems so obvious to me.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
The Blackrock ESG rating. It seems to be what it's all about.

But here is the thing. I don't know how much validity this has but I was reading a comment by YouTube poster yesterday on a video about this subject. E stands for environmental, S stands for Social, G stands for governance. This commenter on YouTube claimed to work for some type of agency that deals with environmental issues among companies. And he said that no one cares about the environmental in the ESG rating Blackrock gives. But they are really concerned with the S rating?

Doesn't make sense to me. This is what is happening. It is a satanic agenda being pushed on humankind. The same companies that don't care about the environment care about social issues? No. Not at all. Satan and his demons want to ruin the earth.

Revelation 12:12 states: "On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

Someone quoted that verse in a song on a thread I made a couple of days ago.

It is about destroying humanity. Not about fixing things. It is about tearing down the fabric of society. Ruining society the way they are ruining the environment. Woe for the earth especially since after 1914 when Satan and his demons were cast out of heaven. They are rampaging the earth in a rage knowing that their time left is very very short.

It seems so obvious to me.

Nah Blackrock is the biggest bag holder in history — they just don’t know it yet

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: PorkChop96
So you're saying that companies have to start advertising to every single group that exists? I don't know of any company that has that much budget for their marketing departments.

Should all companies just stick to advertising to trailer trash rednecks?

I hate to break it to you, but queer folk exist and they don't have to hide anymore. Companies are going to include them in their advertising.

Watch I’ll guess the target demo for F-series:

F-Series pickup target demographic is a straight male working or middle class individual working in trades, construction, landscaping, etc. and similar individuals who own companies that buy small fleets / multiple trucks for the company. The target demographic probably leans slightly Latino compared to average overall population.

Then looking it up for real from Ford marketing data:

“The average age of the new F-150 buyer is 55. It may not be too surprising that about 16% of new Ford F-150 owners are female/84% male. About three-quarters of all new Ford F-150s are purchased by white males, although Hispanic buyers account for 22% of total incremental growth of new F-150 sales.”

None of viewing this as a poor marketing decision has anything to do with any individual, it has to do with who is already known to be the primary purchasers of F-series pickup trucks.

Since Ford provides the average age of purchaser, 55, we can derive that no more than approximately 2.7% of that marketing age band identifies as gay & lesbian.

There are certainly gay guys buying pickup trucks and working in trades, but it is extremely unlikely to be equal weight to the actual population (just like Latinos are overweighted buyers of F-series compared to actual population).

Since we know precisely who buys the Ford trucks, we know precisely how to most effectively market the trucks.

Ford also has access to dramatically more detailed information and knows even more than the people in this thread about the details I listed above.

We also happen to -actually know- the most popular pickup truck in the gay & lesbian community and it’s not a Ford, it is a Chevy Silverado (which suggests gay and lesbian pickup buyers have good taste because a Chevy Silverado is a superior pickup truck to the F-series). People who buy pickup trucks are, historically, highly unlikely to change truck make.

Since the Silverado is already the most popular pickup among gays and lesbians, Ford is expending marketing money on an advertisement that is likely to convert no one at marketing scale, nor build brand equity in the F-series, may annoy its current customer base which is overwhelming straight males of European & Hispanic decent.

That by itself is a marketing & advertising failure, but the failure is even more pronounced because almost all of Ford’s profits come from the F-series, so if they annoy their primary customers by pandering to other customers who already don’t like their truck and also probably do not like pandering (gay & lesbian truck owners are highly unlikely to be swayed by pandering ads), then Ford’s marketing team is making decisions that suggest they are extraordinarily incompetent. If a CMO signed off on the ad, the shareholders of Ford (the owners) could sue the CMO for breach of fiduciary duty. Public companies don’t get to do things because they feel good, because their board and c-suite have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders of the company.

HTH

PM me. I want to hire you to lead our marketing team.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join