It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY State is Now FORCING Woke Ideology on Medical Students

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So much for science, human rights and independent thought. Politics first. New York State is now ENFORCING woke ideology in medical colleges. This feels like an initiation of Marxist divisiveness on the medical students. I feel this is the first step towards enforcing it on all students and future leaders. Then, why not institute it in public schools? Where will it end?

Brought to my attention by journalist/author Wesley Yang.

The bill:

www.nysenate.gov...

Source

To me, this feels like a response to the growing number of doctors and scientists who have been pushing back against the woke ideology on podcasts social media. Like the military, the criminal elite wants to infiltrate (more so) the medical establishment.

edit on 17-5-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Cry me a river. Go work at ANY corporation or reputable establishment with a large amount of employees, and you'll get the same training.
edit on 17-5-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Some more information on non-bias training : www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

I don't see the woke aspect of it, but I also don't entirely understand it.

Medical personal should not allow bias' to interfer with treatment of patients. Wether that be political beliefs or racism. It sounds very close to anti-racism training from what ive read.

Maybe this is in light of a Florida's new law? Florida Law Will Allow Doctors to Deny Treatments to LGBTQ Patients www.metroweekly.com...

Medical "conscience" law empowers any health professional to deny treatment or services if doing so violates their moral or ethical beliefs.

But still unsure what anti-bias training really is. Doesn't sound bad from first impression.
edit on 17-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Unless there is some really woke ideology in the anti-bias training, you're right, it is par-the-course for most jobs.

I always wondered if anti-harassment/racism/sexism/anti-politics ect.. training actually changes anyone's mind?
edit on 17-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
Unless there is some really woke ideology in the anti-bias training, you're right, it is par-the-course for most jobs.

There's not. At my last two jobs it was called "unconscious bias" training. Basically, EVERYONE has some stereotypes of certain types of people buried in their brain, and you have to recognize that because these people are going to work for/with you and you have to treat them like you do everyone else.

WoKe!!1!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
where's the part about being mandatory to wear a red and yellow mask when in operating rooms ? šŸ˜˜

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Usually all the company training is to pay off the training companies and establish some legal fences for lawsuits šŸ˜

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

There's not. At my last two jobs it was called "unconscious bias" training. Basically, EVERYONE has some stereotypes of certain types of people buried in their brain, and you have to recognize that because these people are going to work for/with you and you have to treat them like you do everyone else.

WoKe!!1!

"EVERYONE has some stereotypes of certain types of people buried in their brain"

You aren't qualified to make that determination are you šŸ˜Ž

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   

WoKe!!1!

Quoted for irony...

It used to be called subconscious bias. Meaning that it is a part of yourself that is a learned behavior that you can alter with introspect.

Now it is called unconscious bias... funny.

The unconscious and subconscious are two distinct phenomena. The unconscious is a process that happens automatically and is not available for introspection. The subconscious, by contrast, is part of our consciousness process that is not actively in focal awareness.

The unconscious is a process that happens automatically and is not available for introspection.

So in training to ward off "unconscious" bias, you are not only chasing a ghost... you are chasing the ghost of a ghost.

Woke indeed...

LOL
edit on 000000005America/Chicago5pmWed, 17 May 2023 21:21:18 -050021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe it's necessary. A PA from Bellvue hospital was just on video making a huge scene over a bike. A young black man picked a bike, connected his app to it to pay. The white PA got on the bike, refused to get off after he explained it was already connected to him. She then decided to cry and rant and look towards others to back her up. She keep touching him, then claimed "he was hurting her fetus" and yelling for help. He kept trying to explain if she took that bike he was responsible(potentially 1200 if not returned). After a little more screaming and fake tears, and no real back up from others, she shut the tears off immediately and chose another bike.

So, if this medical worker felt that she was entitled to the bike, screamed for help even though the non white guy did nothing to her, I think she has some definite unconscious bias that could affect how she treats patients.

Yes, this will not be a popular opinion on ATS, but oh well.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

To me, this feels like a response to the growing number of doctors and scientists who have been pushing back against the woke ideology on podcasts social media. Like the military, the criminal elite wants to infiltrate (more so) the medical establishment.

This 100%. This is to try to control doctors, and those who won't /refuse to do this 'training' are , my guess, not going to pass. So 100% in prerparation for future plandemics.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

There wouldn't be anti-bias training without stereotypes, and there wouldn't be stereotypes without at least some truth.

I honestly want to know what's going to be considered funny in the future... I hope taking away all the mean ones doesn't take away all the hilarious ones.

Though I could see someone getting in trouble at work if that joke offended the right person. They just have to make a deal about it.

Seems to be a common thread of dancing around just right so no one gets "discrimination" offended. These laws are "preemptive" in that regard.
edit on 17-5-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

There wouldn't be anti-bias training without stereotypes, and there wouldn't be stereotypes without at least some truth.

Tyranny always uses a fear or a problem of some kind to justify mind control. If you wish to be looked after by the State, good luck with that. I do not.

Note: the Berlin Wall was called the Anti-Fascist Rampart. See how this works?
edit on 18-5-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   
So most of us here are A-OK with State brainwashing. OK, noted.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Maybe she was just a bitch? It happens and happens without regard to race, sex, etc.

For the record - Implicit Bias means if you're white, you're racist. If a white person was involved, it was racism and their fault.

edit on 18-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where did you read that it's only about white people? Implicit bias can include any person regarding anyone of a different race.

And she could be, but why she was seeking assistance from the White men around her, and a b**** would just say " no I'm taking the bike" not fall into false tears, screams of help and accusations of "hurting her fetus". She immediately launched into falsely being a victim of the black man who actually paid for the bike she was on.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I just took my yearly one last month, the vidoes they use are kind of comical. This time around it was a female manager making the Asian dude on her team uncomfortable with her jokes.

I found the jokes to be funny because I am legit biased about everything and everyone.

edit on 18-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

To me unconscious anti-bias training simply is another way to help people self-analyze.

What Are Unconscious Biases?

Unconscious biases are stereotypes or assumptions that a person makes about a certain group of individuals outside of their own conscious awareness. The Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity explains ā€œ[t]hese biases, which encompass both favorable and unfavorable assessments, are activated involuntarily and without an individualā€™s awareness or intentional control.ā€ These biases are influenced by a variety of factors, including the personā€™s culture, background, and personal experiences.

Implicit biases exist because a personā€™s ā€œconscious brainā€ can only process about 40 bits of information per second, leaving the ā€œunconscious brainā€ to process the rest. To do so, the ā€œunconscious brainā€ continually runs in the background and quickly filters, prioritizes, and categorizes information, so that the ā€œconscious brainā€ can focus on the information it deems most important. When this process is applied to the characteristics of groups of people, the brain creates stereotypes. When people apply these stereotypes to interactions and decisions about others, it can lead to discrimination. When this occurs in the workplace, employers and employees face multiple problems.

Unconscious biases about certain groups can have serious impacts on peopleā€™s lives. For example, unconscious biases can impact the job posting and hiring process. A 2020 study found that hiring managers gravitated towards candidates who were similar to them, leading men to hire men, as they tend to see them as more ā€œcompetentā€ than women. These biases can also impact professional interactions. A 2017 healthcare industry study shows that bias amongst healthcare professionals is common and that it reduces the quality of patient care.

clearlawinstitute.com...#:~:text=Unconscious%20bias%20training%20helps% 20make,awareness%20that%20unconscious%20bias%20exists.

If after the training one still wants to hold on to negative and destructive thoughts and actions, then that choice and freedom is still there, but it won't serve that person very well in a world where intolerance and hate is not accepted any longer.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Cry me a river. Go work at ANY corporation or reputable establishment with a large amount of employees, and you'll get the same training.

Oh, in that case, it's all good. Nothing to see here. Move along......

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Oh, in that case, it's all good. Nothing to see here. Move along......

Correct.

<<   2  3 >>

join