It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor allies push for $12 billion financial package to raise taxes, defund police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Allies of newly-elected Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson are pushing a $12 billion financial package that would raise taxes for certain residents in the city and divest from policing and surveillance.

Released Tuesday, the proposal from Action Center on Race & the Economy (ACRE) and People's Unity Platform outlined "several measures Mayor Brandon Johnson can take to raise or save up to $12 billion a year to fund true community safety."

From housing and education to climate and violence prevention, the People's Unity Platform called for Johnson's office to take action on a number of its suggestions in the proposal titled "First We Get The Money."

this can't miss.

OK, Follow me here. First you get elected in a city that is one turd away from being totally flushed. DONE! Then you find the one policy that trashed all those cities, revive it, and SHOUT it from the ROOFTOPS!

Defund the Police!! What does that mean? We don't wan no mo Police!

Well Chicago, maybe one day you will be able to claw your way back to being like Cleveland. I know, lofty goals and all.

Y'all told Detroit, "Hold my beer" Yea, San Francisco will be competing with Chicago over who gets the last Dollar Tree. Well done windy city!

THIS is leadership.
edit on 17-5-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Defund the Police!! What does that mean

It means what it means.

Less police.
edit on 17-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you want Communism in Illinois?

Because this is how you get Communism in Illinois.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.foxnews.com...

Allies of newly-elected Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson are pushing a $12 billion financial package that would raise taxes for certain residents in the city and divest from policing and surveillance.

Released Tuesday, the proposal from Action Center on Race & the Economy (ACRE) and People's Unity Platform outlined "several measures Mayor Brandon Johnson can take to raise or save up to $12 billion a year to fund true community safety."

From housing and education to climate and violence prevention, the People's Unity Platform called for Johnson's office to take action on a number of its suggestions in the proposal titled "First We Get The Money."

this can't miss.

OK, Follow me here. First you get elected in a city that is one turd away from being totally flushed. DONE! Then you find the one policy that trashed all those cities, revive it, and SHOUT it from the ROOFTOPS!

Defund the Police!! What does that mean? We don't wan no mo Police!

Well Chicago, maybe one day you will be able to claw your way back to being like Cleveland. I know, lofty goals and all.

Y'all told Detroit, "Hold my beer" Yea, San Francisco will be competing with Chicago over who gets the last Dollar Tree. Well done windy city!

THIS is leadership.

It’s stirring the pot, and would be an escalation in areas where it’s already a legit sh*thole.

Not surprised.

They do jack sh*t. Point fingers for elections. Rinse and repeat.

Now when someone like Trump actually pushes for action, he gets called a racist.

Shocker.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Give them what they want and the rest of us build a wall around it. Then we observe the fascinating social experiment about to take place.

Let it serve as an object lesson to everyone else: CHAZCAGO.
edit on 17-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If ever there was a billboard that said, "GET OUT NOW!! Today Only!!" this would be it.

One of thee worst, criminally saturated cities in the country and they wanna play the race card??

Because that's what this is ultimately. The stats say EVERYTHING while most would rather say nothing.

So less police, huh? Why?

Is it because crime is predominantly carried out by a single demographic above all others, and that groups inability to reign in the neighborhood terrorists they so adamantly protect because of "muh street code", is beyond their capacity to do so???

Those that are ignoring this and making excuses for a blatant, OBVIOUS, catastrophic problem in our urban areas, are thoroughly soaked in blood, head to toe.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Give them what they want and the rest of us build a wall around it. Then we observe the fascinating social experiment about to take place.

Problem is, they are just waiting for that to happen so they can come in and federalize everything from shops to utilities to police.

Everything will be government run.

It's their endgame.

Sound familiar?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There was a time I lived in Illinois and was paying 10K a year in property taxes and was HAPPY!
I was happy because it was a lot less than others I knew.
How insane is that?

My MIL lived in a manufactured home and her taxes were almost 7k a year!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Awesome!

Drive it into the ground & let someone else pick up the tab?
Only common sense move is for the Fed's to refuse to touch it as it's a proven "financial liability". Flipping houses is one thing, for DC to take on "flipping cities"? Yeah, not their scope of responsibility. States can't whine about "states rights" or "federal overreach" then squall when told to handle your business.

Hey network dude!
Got windex? Congrats, my screen just took a tea-bath. Best OP I've read in a LONG time!!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't quite understand how this happens.

When a town goes stupid, it seems like the county would step in and do something about it. Same with a city. When the county fails, the state steps in and fixes the issue by cleaning house. Right? If the state goes sideways, federal funds can be pulled from that state until they comply.

Isn't this how it's gone before? Maybe this isn't how it goes, maybe not in all states? Most states? No states?

Someone clear that up for me please?

My point is this.. If chicago is this bad and it is, can't the state step in and clean house? I would think at this point, the state failed the city by allowing it to continue. No city should be this much of a murderous, crime riddled dump! Federal should be able to step in and martial law this city out of crime.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
His allies are taking the "Let's Go Brandon" Theme a bit too serious 😁

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
People are watching this website a bit closer now:

Hey Jackass

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Build a HUGE Wall , then have Snake Plissken go in on a Glider to Save the Ones Who want to " ESCAPE From CHICAGO " ....

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do you want Communism in Illinois?

Because this is how you get Communism in Illinois.

It's not even going to be communism.
You had to line up for hours, but even Soviet Moscow had some stores with some goods.

This is going to be Thirdworldism or Haitism, where all stores will be closed, empty, burned out or all three.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Need a little music to "celebrate" this, lol...

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

You're talking about Illinois. Thanks to the malevolent influence of Chicago, the state government is just as bad as the city one.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko

Problem is, they are just waiting for that to happen so they can come in and federalize everything from shops to utilities to police.

Everything will be government run.

It's their endgame.

Sound familiar?

I've been saying that since the Covid thing. It's called " soft tone of Communistic way of life " . We have it here in Japan. And yes, people are happy with it. I sometimes wonder if we all are all doped up with the water supply. Dope that was left from WW2 Americans to pacify the Japanese people.

by the way, I, too, am from Illinois. Was a nice place before I permanently left back in 78. Would I return... no, not because of what is happening there, I just don't like the cold weather anymore.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It's laziness. Or being too busy. Whatever, lacks attention because 'life' is happening. Then THAT hits you in the face and you're wondering WTF happened and how did we get here. As long as our toes aren't getting stepped on too hard we can deal with the minor pain.

Government knows people are flexible and will give, and give, and give. They take advantage of us so the 'politicians' can line their pockets. It's a business. A money making business. Rob from everyone so you can give to yourself.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So long as the cage is gilded or the dog is fat, the bars or collar seem tolerable.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Defund the Police!! What does that mean

It means what it means.

Less police.

That word 'defund' should be 'reallocate funds' because police aren't educated, trained nor can handle many of their calls which don't require the strong arm of the law, rather require mental health experts to intervene and negotiate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join