It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Knew the Proper Protocol for Declassifying Records

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Whoops! I'm hearing there is audio tape of Trump at Bedminster speaking about classified docs on Iran he had after his Presidency, discussing with people with no security clearance, stating he wanted to share that info but knows of the limit to declassify after his Presidency.

The source is CNN right now, which I hate to link to, I don't like or watch CNN, so I'll just say I'm hearing a tape exists.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is this enough for you guys? The Special Counsel has obtained audio recordings of Trump admitting that he retained classified documents after leaving office.
Trump captured on tape talking about classified document he kept after leaving the White House

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

This makes sense as to why he delayed as long as possible, then hid them from the subpoena if he expressed on audio that he could not declassify them. However if it's accurate that he states he wanted to share that info, did he from July 2021 when recorded until the search warrant Aug 2022, if so, to whom and was he paid?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I'd also be interested know when they first got the recording. Investigators clearly had a reason to cite the Espionage Act when they applied for the search warrant.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sources say…..
Part of a larger meeting?
Discussions of war plans with a former general?

Jersey is a single party consent state, anyone know if the audio is valid?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I would say that the investigators do considering it's being used as evidence in their case.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So this is leaked grand jury evidence?

I’m confused
I thought leaked were bad today?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Based on the info Hugo Lowell's been getting recently, and now this, I have a feeling someone in Trump's sphere has flipped and they're the source for all of this.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Never heard of a Hugo Lowell?

Flipped meaning secondary charges?

Cause the pra isn’t a criminal statute, right?

Or you think the special council will fight the declassification claims?
I would LOVE to see that Court fight.
I don’t think ANY in the executive branch are interested in curbing executive branch powers.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Hugo Lowell is a reporter for The Guardian. He's the one who's been breaking all of the stories about the documents that Trump's lawyer, Evan Corcoran, turned over to investigators.

Or you think the special council will fight the declassification claims

What declassification claims? We're currently talking about a recording of Trump stating that he had classified documents in his possession after he left office and wanted to show them to others. That kind of tanks any kind of declassification claim.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The recording may have come from his campaign comms person Margo Martin. A young Melania look a like who apparently would record meetings. She testified before the grand jury in March. And has been silent on Twitter since April, which is kind of weird for his campaign comms person.

Twitter

And the way the article worded it was that Trump knew about the limitations of declassifying material when he was no longer President, which seems to be the whole discussion, he wanted to share it but knew he could not declassify it. Then it may be among the docs he hid(a possibility potentially)
edit on 31-5-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

NYT just dropped some new details. The recording was made by Martin as Trump met with aides that were helping Meadows write his memoir. Martin apparently regularly recorded Trump's interviews during 2021.

During the interview Trump went off on a rant about Milley which eventually led him to talking about a document in his possession that contained details for an invasion of Iran.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That’s some tall tale.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

NYT just dropped some new details. The recording was made by Martin as Trump met with aides that were helping Meadows write his memoir. Martin apparently regularly recorded Trump's interviews during 2021.

During the interview Trump went off on a rant about Milley which eventually led him to talking about a document in his possession that contained details for an invasion of Iran.

What date does the metadata on any recording say it was taken? Can multiple recordings be edited together? Is there any evidence that is actually admissible evidence here?

If you need help, I went to law school, worked in government, have been a CEO and have engaged in several complex business litigations that lasted years and won every thing time (as a business plaintiff).

I can advise as a business exec on the Federal criminal rules of evidence and the probative value of an audio recording of unknown provenance and unknown integrity.

Absent additional verifiable information, you’re presenting a recording that is not even admissible in a Federal criminal trial as proof of a criminal act.

Even if the provenance and integrity of the recording can be established — when did it occur? Did it occur after January 20, 2021 at noon? Is Trump telling the truth and making an admission against interest? Or is he lying or bragging or bigging himself up? Is he claiming he has a classified document? A document he believes he declassified? A document that was never actually classified but rather an unclassified proposal or brief? Where is the document? What is the document? Did he actually have it? What did he do with it? When did he do it? What is the underlying criminal statute? Does it require mens rea?

The list of things no one knows about this is endless compared to the list of things people merely claim to know.

This is why so many “get Trump” psychodramas that play out in corporate press and public lead to nothing tangible.

Because everyone playing isn’t actually engaged in a formal process with a sound evidentiary basis, it’s all DC bar gossip posing as journalistic revelations.

Maybe this time is different! Maybe.

But what’s presented here doesn’t suggest it is, it suggests the opposite, it’s more of the same leash yanking the get trump audience subjects itself to over and over for eight years now.

If I was on the other side of this, I’d be quite tired of getting jerked around.

But I’m not on the other side, I’m on the side where there’s actually a difference between formal processes and press nonsense.

Which I’m still batting 1.000 after eight years, and the other side, DNC and GOP, hasn’t even hit a single.

Quite silly.

edit on 31-5-2023 by JohnTitorSociety because: Context

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

The recording is from July 2021. The provenance is the computer of Trump's aide Margo Martin. So the irs metadata. The document is a document that is classified as Secret detailing plans of an invasion against Iran. In the recording, Trump expresses his desire to show the document to his audience but acknowledges that it is classified and as he is no longer President he has no authority to declassify it.

Any further questions?

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is leaked special council information, or grand jury information?
Tia

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The source is unknown. As I've stated previously, I have a feeling one of Trump's lawyers is talking to the press. Based on Hugo Lowell's latest article Trump's lawyers don't get along and some are quite disgruntled. Specifically Trusty.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Nope! Nothing is enough for these guys!

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So like the piss dossier this may also be the product of imagination?
Nice

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's an audio file from Martin's laptop. It exists.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join