It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me, or does Zelensky seem like a TV evangelist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Last I heard Kyiv has plenty of civilians? Do you think the whole civilian population has just upped and left? Come off it, mate.

So, US speaks English, US used to be part of Britain, lots of Yanks don't like their Govt, so perhaps us Brits should take back the US and liberate it's people?

Using your flawed logic, you see.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Kiev is not a warzone perse, but high command is there and perhaps some US missile systems and such. It's not a hot war zone there. But if you can't recognize that the US sought conflict with Russia over Ukraine (via a coup d etat and choosing who should be in power there and sending huge
ammounts of weapons and funding you must be pretty blind...even before Russia did anything...
So the only solution is; send more weapons/money, they do not seek peace or a solution, only more deaths and misery and making Russia and Europe weak. And those in power in Ukraine ''brave''&corrupt'enough with lots of money and weapons with US backing). The US want to keep world hegemony and they are drowning in debt so those in power need such pitiful solutions for maintaining power (of course in the end the opposite happens, with a great cost of lives and money). I know it's also stupid of Putin taking the bait and thinking this will make things better but the US is as bad if not way worse since they made it so Russia took action.
They want the same for China, just look at all that anti China propaganda, that happened against Russia long before this conflict with Ukraine as well. The most important industry in the US is WAR, they spend about 15 times more on war/defense then Russia, have bases everywhere and are basically always at war somewhere (far away). Start coup d etat's everywhere, destroying economy's (with sanctions) and countless of lives, for sure the US is way way worse then Russia.

Why many many country's want to stop trading in dollars?
www.fmprc.gov.cn...#:~:text=The%20hegemony%20of%20U.S.%20dollar,economies%2C%20to%20pay%20the%20pric e.

The hegemony of U.S. dollar is the main source of instability and uncertainty in the world economy. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States abused its global financial hegemony and injected trillions of dollars into the global market, leaving other countries, especially emerging economies, to pay the price. In 2022, the Fed ended its ultra-easy monetary policy and turned to aggressive interest rate hike, causing turmoil in the international financial market and substantial depreciation of other currencies such as the Euro, many of which dropped to a 20-year low. As a result, a large number of developing countries were challenged by high inflation, currency depreciation and capital outflows. This was exactly what Nixon's secretary of the treasury John Connally once remarked, with self-satisfaction yet sharp precision, that "the dollar is our currency, but it is your problem."

◆ With its control over international economic and financial organizations, the United States imposes additional conditions to their assistance to other countries. In order to reduce obstacles to U.S. capital inflow and speculation, the recipient countries are required to advance financial liberalization and open up financial markets so that their economic policies would fall in line with America's strategy. According to the Review of International Political Economy, along with the 1,550 debt relief programs extended by the IMF to its 131 member countries from 1985 to 2014, as many as 55,465 additional political conditions had been attached.

◆ The United States willfully suppresses its opponents with economic coercion. In the 1980s, to eliminate the economic threat posed by Japan, and to control and use the latter in service of America's strategic goal of confronting the Soviet Union and dominating the world, the United States leveraged its hegemonic financial power against Japan, and concluded the Plaza Accord. As a result, Yen was pushed up, and Japan was pressed to open up its financial market and reform its financial system. The Plaza Accord dealt a heavy blow to the growth momentum of the Japanese economy, leaving Japan to what was later called "three lost decades."

◆ America's economic and financial hegemony has become a geopolitical weapon. Doubling down on unilateral sanctions and "long-arm jurisdiction," the United States has enacted such domestic laws as the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act, and the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, and introduced a series of executive orders to sanction specific countries, organizations or individuals. Statistics show that U.S. sanctions against foreign entities increased by 933 percent from 2000 to 2021. The Trump administration alone has imposed more than 3,900 sanctions, which means three sanctions per day. So far, the United States had or has imposed economic sanctions on nearly 40 countries across the world, including Cuba, China, Russia, the DPRK, Iran and Venezuela, affecting nearly half of the world's population. "The United States of America" has turned itself into "the United States of Sanctions." And "long-arm jurisdiction" has been reduced to nothing but a tool for the United States to use its means of state power to suppress economic competitors and interfere in normal international business. This is a serious departure from the principles of liberal market economy that the United States has long boasted.

edit on 29-5-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's "Kyiv".

So you can stop right there.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's "Kyiv".

So you can stop right there.

No in my country (Holland) I always was thought Kiev. Look at dutch wiki page:
nl.wikipedia.org...

But I knew you would mention that, hah!! But not that's important anyways...

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Holland? What are you on about.

Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Holland? What are you on about.

Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine.

I meant in my country (holland) I got teached naming it Kiev on School, so it's hard baked but doesn't matter in my eyes how you call it or me.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

Carry on.

So my logic is that the US exactly knew how Putin would respond (see leaked cia wikileaks doc. I posted) since they where behind that coup d etat and choosed who would be in the new government in Ukraine, and again knew how Putin would respond (where they promised this new (anti-Russia) Ukrainian leadership all US backing/protection/weapons against Russia before Putin took action). So the US (shadow government) wanted this war, so it's a proxy war where the ppl of Ukraine are the victim of this geopolitical power/war game. And the EU leaders/country's/vassals just doing US wishes.
Why else they have interest in Ukraine??
edit on 1-6-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Probably because appeasement of a dictator bent on conquering and annexing another country hasn't worked out too well in modern history.

Give in and roll over, who'd be next?

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Probably because appeasement of a dictator bent on conquering and annexing another country hasn't worked out too well in modern history.

Give in and roll over, who'd be next?

Annexation worked very well in Crimea despite Ukraine cutting off their water supply and trying to destroy their supply bridge.

As for who's next, no one. Russia doesn't want the whole of Ukraine or any other country. Putin isn't a dictator either.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Putin is not a Dictator?

He seems to tick all the boxes.

How long has he been in power?

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

I meant in my country (holland) I got teached naming it Kiev on School,

Taught perhaps?

Just jesting I am sure your English is better than my Dutch

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Putin is not a Dictator?

He seems to tick all the boxes.

How long has he been in power?

He keeps getting voted in. We will see what happens in the next election.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Probably because he poisons and/or locks up the opposition, like Navalny?

I'm sure he will get 110% of the vote.

Seriously?!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Probably because he poisons and/or locks up the opposition, like Navalny?

I'm sure he will get 110% of the vote.

Seriously?!!!!

Navalny was a criminal, so he went to prison..how does it work in your country.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well, for a start, we don't try to assassinate Opposition politicians, our justice system and our criminal courts are not kangaroo courts and our elections are free and fair.

How long did Navalny's trial last?

What were his trumped up charges?

We tend to try alleged criminals using due process rather than poisoning them.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

He keeps getting voted in.

So did Robert Mugabe, Leonid Brezhnev and Kim Il Sung et al.

Your point?

edit on 1/6/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh look - more trumped up charges and a "private trial":

foreignbrief.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join