It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. George Santos charged by Justice Department in federal probe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Lying on Federal Forms? I guess he should get PTD right?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Santos' former aide Nancy Marks has been arrested and is being charged as a co-defendant in Santos' case. She's expected to take a plea deal.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

So again they have to find someone they can flip to try to make something stick....sad sad world. Again, I could give two bleeps about the guy but he did what every single politician does. It is just not playing ball with them.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
Who cares?

Nobody.

Santos cares...he just destroyed his future in politics. And will be mocked as a loser everywhere he goes even by the GOP.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

abcnews.go.com...

time.com...
edit on 5-10-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
are reply to: olaru12

I think I remember the point being that nobody cares about Santos.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Every other politician lies about their entire past and is a convicted criminal in Brazil for check fraud?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No one said every other.

You do know how many convicted felons are in Congress...right? We can start with Corrine Brown. There have been some convicted of felonies while in office and then went on to be re-elected. Some for campaign issues.

This is a list of things that happened while in office....

Link

Politicians are very corrupt man...on all sides.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Santos just got hit by a 23-count superseding indictment that includes conspiracy against the US and fraud.
edit on 10-10-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Real crimes. Lock him up.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
are reply to: olaru12

I think I remember the point being that nobody cares about Santos.

Apparently you care!! At least enough to make a post about him saying nobody cares. See the disconnect?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
Santos just got hit by a 23-count superseding indictment that includes conspiracy against the US and fraud.

He's innocent.. INNOCENT unless he's found guilty by a jury, or one of those nut-job judge/jury combos.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I never said otherwise. But it's going to be a hard case for him to win when they have financial records showing him charging donors' cards multiple times for amounts greater than FEC limitations and then not reporting that money to the FEC.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Having read through the new indictment I think we have a much clearer picture of who "George Santos" is. Between what we do know (guilty of check fraud in Brazil, accused of defrauding vets through GoFundMe) and what we don't know (his name, address, education, career path) I think it's pretty clear that Santos is a career conman.

I think he saw the amount of donations MAGA candidates could garner but never thought one would win in a suburb of NYC. He intended to grift as much money off (potentially wealthy) donors, change his name, and disappear. But then he won and was stuck. Now the walls are closing in and it's too late to run.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

nobody cares , particularly during this time of real sorrow for so many. Why do you?

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A resolution is being filed by NY Representatives to expel Santos from Congress.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

good riddance

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ahead of his court hearing tomorrow, two Republican Reps from New York, Lalota and D'Esposito, have filed a resolution to have Santos expelled from the House.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Great. Now he is going to get a job at CNN.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the vote to expel Santos is possibly going down tonight.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

It went down. It failed. Santos is still a member of the House of Representatives.

Figures. They can't afford to lose his votes.
edit on 4220232023k01America/Chicago2023-11-01T19:01:42-05:0007pm2023-11-01T19:01:42-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join