It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Germans say migrants bring more problems than benefits, want limit on refugees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What? The Germans are getting sick of immigration? Who would have thought. I guess the crime and welfare has finally became too much for them.

Do we have any German members? How is immigration going in your opinion?

rmx.news...

A new poll shows that a slight majority of Germans are turning against mass immigration, with 52 percent saying that they believe Germany should “take in fewer refugees,” an increase of 12 points since January 2020.

The results come just a week before a long-awaited migration summit that will involve federal and state governments meeting in Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s office to discuss the ongoing crisis.

The poll, conducted for Infratest Dimap on behalf of ARD Tagesthemen and Die Welt, also asked respondents whether they see migrants as bringing more advantages or disadvantages. For 54 percent, they said the disadvantages of immigration outweigh the advantages, while only a third said that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Germans have clearly soured on refugees, with just 8 percent wanting to take more in, while 33 percent said the numbers should stay at their current levels. Another 52 percent want “fewer refugees.”

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Now let's get the Germans to the point of wondering just who Angela Merkel really is, and why she was able to remain their chancellor for 16 years.

Cheers
edit on 7-5-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can hear Trump say: I told you so!!! 😂

Stupid liberals, enjoy the chaos you created!

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
can you say Deutsch-Exit from EU

ETA;

Germans have clearly soured on refugees, with just 8 percent wanting to take more in, while 33 percent said the numbers should stay at their current levels. Another 52 percent want “fewer refugees.”

8 more
33 status quo
52 fewer .... (leaving 7 % no-opinion) ->>> 48% pro & 52% con migrants---to close to call right now, but watch as economic conditions worsen !
edit on th31168347303907232023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

While I understand Germany's limited capacity (or any country) to host migrants and the people's desire to see that reduced, unless civil German politicians do something fairly quickly, I would fear if they wait too long, something very ugly could rear its' head, something much worse than AfD.

Historically, Germany went from far left anything goes 1920s Weimar republic to Nazism.

Actual Nazism could come back I would fear.

Do something civil now to prevent something very ugly later

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Your comment points to an aspect of German politics.

While the German state likes to project an impression of being very staid and calm, it is anything but that. The sudden decision to let in 1 million+ migrants and the sudden decision to shut down nuclear energy plants in the country were extreme 'solutions' to situations that needn't have become problems for Germany. Likewise, Merkel's expectation that all the other EU countries were obligated to take their 'share' of migrants was an extreme expectation, not least because her decision was taken without any consultation with other EU countries, not even those directly bordering Germany.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz
The real fear of the rise of Fascism is the result of the whole of the Western Worlds governments. When you have governments trying (and succeeding in some countries) to ultimately control it's populations with draconian methods, not caring about the population, but more importantly not even listening to the grief and troubles of it's populations soon the only alternative is going to be Fascism.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Do we have any German members? How is immigration going in your opinion?

A few on here have been very vocal in their superiority of being welcoming to migrants over the evil, self-centered US in recent years.

I guess it took a lot longer for the negative impact in Germany to become apparent.

Every single country that has condemned the US for not supporting illegal immigration are now beginning to sing a different tune. They're finally beginning to realize what US citizens knew all along.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That number is higher I would wager, I lived there in a rural area in 2014 when it started and all the locals were we must help.

by the time I left in 2018 all the locals I knew were saying these little snips need to go, anecdotal yes. I would wager the poll was done in one of the big cities and at least at the start they were dumping the immigrants in the rural towns, you know not in my back yard types are finally feeling the pinch.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If their government leaders would have had a brain, they would have figured this out before they let in so many immigrants so quickly. Can't they even look at their own history anymore, the majority of people have not changed much over the last century.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Now let's get the Germans to the point of wondering just who Angela Merkel really is, and why she was able to remain their chancellor for 16 years.

Cheers

Who gives a # about Merkel anymore? Now Germany has a Bundes-Olaf voted in by less than 20% of the peeps, famous for his defence in a corruption scandal 'I can't remember'
And the 16 years: Kohl. Not a new phenomenon. Bavaria has not once had a majority for any other party than CSU(CDU?) since the dawn of democracy.
A peculiar bunch those Germans
Like the 'Hauptman von Köpenick' based on a true story, in a nutshell once upon a time Germans when confronted with a uniform just did what they were told.
The only thing that has changed since then is the type of uniform. (Suits in case you were wondering)
I live there so from what I can tell: it's the same as everywhere. The city folks mingle, get along well with everybody who wants to and complain about how hard it is to find a nice flat.
And the country folks feel threatened. Rightfully so in some cases, where the 'asylum camps' population is double that of the natives. But often simply out of fear.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Exactly. Thanks to the media in Germany, Merkel has completely disappeared ... no matter what her true legacy to the German people is.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The problem is that the boomer years are over, that nobody with enough education for anything than being a gender whatever or climate whatever will follow. Those in charge told us that we need migrants to fill the space the boomers will leave and they will import rocket scientists, doctors, engineers and what else. Reality is, we only get those who will have more here than where they are coming from. But not by working for it. Even if they want to work, they don´t speak german, they don´t have any other education than "knife activist" or if they speak german and learned somerthing, somehow these useful people then will be deported for whatever silly reason while we keep all the criminal good for nothings.

You can help others but not until you need help by yourself because of helping others. You don´t help Calcutta with importing all the people from Calcutta to Germany, everything you will achieve is that you turn Germany into Calcutta but nothing else. Then you have two Calcuttas that need help.

"He who takes in half Calcutta does not help Calcutta, but becomes Calcutta himself!"
Peter Scholl Latour (known for not being a Nazi or fascist but a realist who visited nearly the whole world)

But for me as a german that migrant situation is only one little part of what is going on here right now, one little part of whatever BS agenda is going on here. It looks and feels like somebody needs the german population to fight for their freedom and rights, to riot, to rise up. So that this somebody who needs that situation, can put these riots down then and establish and new police state order here.

Otherwise it´s not to explain anymore how a government and ALL of the parties (maybe except the AfD because they are the kids you aren´t allowed to play with and they are not allowed to be part of that evil game, yet) including the so called opposition are so openly hostile towards their own population, their own voters, their own tax payers and with that the hand that feeds these criminal traitors.

They are working hard for the expropriation of residential property and for the redistribution from the bottom to the top with that climate BS excuse and that´s clearly part of Great Reset and Green New Deal. Only to show you another example of with what other parts of whatever BS agenda we people here have to deal with. I didn´t even start to talk about the fact that everything, really everything gets more expensive from hour to hour while the low wage slave wages are not enough to live but a little bit too much to die.

Right now it feels like we are heading towards the following scenario because somebody does anything necessary to reach this "goal":

"The German people are absolutely obedient to authority, weaned on thinking, typical recipients of orders, a hero before the enemy, but a total lack of civil courage. The typical German defends himself only when he has nothing left worth defending. But when he wakes up from his sleep, he beats up everything in a blind rage. Even that which could perhaps still help him!"
Carl Friedrich von Weizäcker - der bedrohte Friede (1983)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Cum-Ex Olaf, Warburg Olaf, G20 Olaf, Marsalek Olaf... somehow i can´t remember that we have a Bundeskanzler-Olaf, did we ever have one? All i can remember is a smiling smurf who supposedly has the attention span of a mayfly when it comes to the crimes he is involved.

But a real and good for the people Bundeskanzler, must have been before my time and i am nearly 50.

And don´t start with Merkel, Honeckers last revenge and willing fulfiller of the Morgenthau plan, to align the FRG with the GDR. Which obviously took over the FRG in 1989 and not the other way around as we have to witness live and in color now. She paved the way for everything that is wrong with and in Germany, even harder than her drawing father Kohl. Btw, she stabbed him in the back also when the situation was right for her. She is an evil person, in good company with all those WEF and Davos criminals, her best friends. I am pretty sure she already planned her escape route via the rat lines and will end up in south america to chill with all the other german fascists (no matter if brown or red) and/or their brood.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is there a solution?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That 12 point increase in those who oppose the increase in migrant numbers probably correlates to the 12% of the population who are now forced to live within the same district as a migrant housing centre.

It's all well & good supporting mass immigration while you can escape to your ivory tower & leave the problem to be dealt with in some lower socioeconomic zone away from where you live - but if they're on your doorstep, sadly the levels of serious crimes including drug dealing, rape, murder/ manslaughter as well as assaults including grievous bodily harm are likely to skyrocket. 12% of people in Germany sounds like a reasonable estimate of those who live in neighbourhoods afflicted with high migrant populations inbound over the course of the past three years. Give it two more years & that figure will probably be around 70% opposing further immigration.

The trouble is, it's entirely planned deliberately - it's social deconstruction in the name of the New World Order. Diluting the historical bloodlines of the Northern European culture, leading to mixed race populations loyal to no local religious affiliation (IE Christianity) loyal to no flag, to no king or queen, to no political party except for the one which gives them the rights to benefits & citizenship. Ultimately the controllers are intent on watering down the concentrations of native Western populations that know their rights, replacing them with grateful servants who can be enslaved without them even batting an eyelid, seeing as it remains so much better than the Hell they escaped from in their home nation.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whatever Germany is today is thanks to the "guidance" of the US, UK and France who outlined how Germany would be reconstructed and ruled after the war. You can't blame the average German for the current state of affairs as their protests fall on deaf ears. Shutting down the last nuclear plant at this time is an obvious push over the energy crisis cliff and nobody is cheering that on. Germans are now nearly unified in opposition to the government that is destroying them and their country. We'll see things heat up substantially this year, likely beyond simple street demonstrations. The West has been remarkably tame and quiet but that can only be pushed so far.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The thing is that there is a balance. A country can only take in so many at a time. Go too far, and you exceed that balance. It does mean imposing limits and saying, "No," to people though, and today's progressives don't like saying, "No." It makes them look mean.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And don´t start with Merkel, Honeckers last revenge and willing fulfiller of the Morgenthau plan, to align the FRG with the GDR. Which obviously took over the FRG in 1989 and not the other way around as we have to witness live and in color now. She paved the way for everything that is wrong with and in Germany

Well and clearly stated.

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Which reinforces my fear that if Germany does not shut down soon, in an orderly way, the excesses of its' migrant program, something, someone, some entity will cause an ugly, radical , unexpectedly quick sudden turn in policy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join