It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Unbanned ! Forum Live on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Rumors about what image server, the ATS server? If so, yes, that will be IMMEDIATE:Y addressed as we've never heard anything about it but a full audit of the image server needs to be done because we don't know what the hell is on it.

Please fill me in as this would be an urgent matter if it's ATS image servers.

originally posted by: dashen

a reply to: Mrs Darko

I can tell you why. At that time anyone who breathed a word of 🍕 gate was immediately sued or deplatformed by the shareblue sockpuppets.

They shut down 4chan threads because of pizza and then turned over the whole mod/janitor crew when Q started đź’©posting.

Then 8chan. Alex Jones was sued for questioning sandy hook and now has to pay nearly a billion dollars. They also made him disavow pizza party.

Here on Ats all pizza stuff has been relegated to the RATS forum so it won't be picked up by search engines.

And now i guess while you guys are fixing stuff up maybe you can look into the rumors about the image hosting server.

edit on 6-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

And now i guess while you guys are fixing stuff up maybe you can look into the rumors about the image hosting server.

I'm not aware of rumors, but maybe clarity will help. Originally, we allowed the embedding of images from almost any source, and had short codes for IMGUR. In 2010-ish, we were the target of a injection attack that exploited shortcomings of IMGUR. That's when we built our own free image hosting solution for our members, and limited image embedding to that solution.

I hope that helps.

Edit to add: IMGUR (and similar) have tight security now, so the limitations could realistically be modified.
edit on 6-5-2023 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ats admin

Good to see this finally.

There are still a number of things that should be discussed about the WikiLeaks leaks.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Darko

Pm 4 u señor.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm thankful to you, Simon and the crew (and the NSA) for keeping the ship afloat through all the rough waters.

What you've created here has changed my life and increased my knowledge in myriad ways.

Lovingly yours,

dashen

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
LIVE and LEAR?N

The TRUTH Will SET YOU FREE
DITTO

edit on 562023 by MetalThunder because: TIME is YOUrs - 3 6 9

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've always wondered why no one ever discussed wikileaks anymore. Now we have the person who leaked the crimes rotting in prison without being charged for a crime for over a decade and those who committed the atrocities are still in control and living the high life.

More recently we've had the new version of wikileaks, project veritas, ousting their Julian Assange after the Pfizer director video. It seems that people who report leaks or the whistle blowers that leak them have become neutralized. The days of Pentagon papers whistle blowers are over.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I wanted to say it's awesome to see one of the amigos, SO, posting again, in whatever capacity! I have missed all of you guys and have wondered what you have all been up to in the last few years.

Darko, after reading SO's explanations I can help confirm that what he is saying is what we (the members) were told at the time. Wikileaks, Sandy Hook etc etc. I think I even managed to get on SO's bad side for a while when I posted something in a new forum that was prohibited due to server T&C's, I still feel the sting of that posting ban

edit on 7/5/2023 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I wanted to say it's awesome to see one of the amigos, SO, posting again, in whatever capacity! I have missed all of you guys and have wondered what you have all been up to in the last few years.

Darko, after reading SO's explanations I can help confirm that what he is saying is what we (the members) were told at the time. Wikileaks, Sandy Hook etc etc. I think I even managed to get on SO's bad side for a while when I posted something in a new forum that was prohibited due to server T&C's, I still feel the sting of that posting ban

lol, well, we're using the same servers and it's not against the TOS now, so.. people are free to speak about it. Nothing's changed except for ownership of the website, so you take it for whatever it's worth.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Darko

it's probably good idea not to bring it up unless there is new information.

What the Sandy Hook was staged and the parents were crisis actors crowd did to the parents and loved ones of those children who were slaughtered is unforgivable. Having said that there is nothing wrong with criticizing how things were handled and the media's role, but the other makes me sick.

I don't think the Conspiracy Theory community does itself any favors by hosting that sociopathic garbage. It's a quick way to lose all credibility.

Another thing that is a huge black eye for any community is to allow the White Nationalists and Antisemites to get a foothold and tolerate the Stormfront garbage. Hate is hate and there is no way to make an excuse for allowing it to happen on any site that wants to be a credible voice for the CS community.

My opinion of course, but I'm not wrong.

ETA: Free speech applies to the public arena, not privately owned boards. Some rules are necessary in a civilized world.

What did they do to the parents? I didn't hear that part of it/

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Mrs Darko
but I do know that there is FAR more evidence that these were NOT HACKED or "illegally-obtained" documents

Understood. But please understand this policy began at a time when I had multiple layers of responsibility, and when we could afford legal council on the matter. They advised a total ban. I choose to allow coverage of other sites/outlets that were broadcasting the materials.

This does make perfect sense given the site being UK hosted thus being subject to UK laws not allowing social or msm media discussion from charges being read to trial verdict being read under contempt of court, predjudicing a UK court/jury laws causing a trial to collapse and millions owed in legal fees. The legal adice would rightfully be to close it until the verdict is read to avoid contempt of court charges.

The relevant case seems more on Assange's extradition to the US over the Bradley Manning Iraq leaks which was heard under UK Law and the prosecution sucessfully argued the false claim Assange was a hacker not a journalist. While it is clearly the wrong verdict - if servers are UK hosted you have to abide by UK law and court rulings despite how illegal such rulings and laws may be (unless willing to face a major fine or prison time).

Are you talking about the ATS servers? Because with the sale came all of the invoices going back to May 2015, and I can assure you that ATS has been hosted in the safest place in the world - Phoenix, AZ. Hosting is more expensive there because it's a natural disaster free zone.

So no, the previous owners would never have been foolish enough to host from the UK, whoever told you that is pulling your leg!! Probably trolls from GLP or Reddit

edit on 7-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

I'd like to see it changed from deny ignorance to

Embrace Truth

Me too, Jidnum. Me too.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nevercompromise
I am slackjawed ATM and have no time to shove popcorn in my foodhole.
What the heck am I reading?

So p.g.
SH
A.J.
WikiLeaks

We get to talk now?
IMO, the problems began the moment ATS took googleads money.

It feels like the same changes here are as big as when Musk bought Twitter.

This place is going to be awesome.

New motto:
Deny the path that leads to ignorance.

Disclose it all.
Good luck moderators.
The old ATS was awesome 10 years ago.
The new ATS can surpass that.
This is exciting.

originally posted by: JinMI
Anyone wanna share my popcorn?

I can make more if we need.

I can't eat popcorn.
But what I CAN do is say that we were actually just saying to one another that we want to do exactly that - be for ATS what Musk was for Twitter.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Agree with that.

I nattered on about this in other threads. CT-look can be a very useful viewpoint. I think of it as a tool. And like all tools, it is good for some uses and poor for others. I think it is critical that CT viewpoints be contrasted with conventional looks; IMO a reasonable description of what is going on lies between the two extremes.

And yeah, some topics are not topics at all, they are just traps that will get the site in trouble for appearing to support political or other extremism.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why in the world was a simple subject like Wikileaks banned from ATS? How absolutely ridiculous. Did that word jump off a screen and bite someone? Really ats?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darko

originally posted by: Kryties

lol, well, we're using the same servers and it's not against the TOS now, so.. people are free to speak about it. Nothing's changed except for ownership of the website, so you take it for whatever it's worth.

Yes, I'm talking about then, not now. I also had no reason to disbelieve what I was told back then.

edit on 7/5/2023 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

edit on Sun May 7 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darko

What did they do to the parents? I didn't hear that part of it/

?? Claimed they were crisis actors and the whole thing was a hoax. Imagine being a parent of one of those children and facing that along with all that went with it. From what I could glean that was topped off with constant harassment and doxing of the parents. Truly ugly stuff.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The doxxing and the assertations that the parents were just crisis actors hit me pretty hard. I guess it was the same for most of us. It is one thing to pose a conspiritorial angle, and another to accuse grieving parents of being frauds and actors. Just........ way too much. Too much pain, too much.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Mrs Darko, may I be the first to say....... Will you divorce Darko & marry me?

Your conspiracy credentials are now through the roof, and I'm hoping the magic will rub off.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join