It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Unbanned ! Forum Live on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dear ATS Community,

We would like to inform you that WikiLeaks and other controversial topics can be freely discussed as long as it is in a civil manner adhering to the standards of "Forum Decorum".

Thank you,

(Edited by Darko on behalf of ATS Ownership[)
edit on 5-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Please start a new thread for each subject. Thank you.
edit on 5-5-2023 by ats admin because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have been wondering, this whole time, why there aren't any threads on the topic. But the revelations from some of the users, mods and former mods here, are astonishing, to me.

"Deny Ignorance", huh? Not "Fight Ignorance", not "Transcend Ignorance". No, its as if the original founders were mounting a DEFENSE of some sort (like, "Hey, I ain't ignorant!")

I think Darko and I are changing that motto soon. Would love you guys' input on what it should be. Because for anyone to ban topics like Wikileaks or Sandy Hook altogether, I would think there would need to be a # ton of pushback from someone.

Well, I've done a pretty good amount of research on the topic of Wikileaks, and have come to the conclusion that it was not, I repeat, NOT, a "hacking case" (and thus, doesn't serve as a legitimate reason to ban the topic).

Because had it been ALLOWED, more of you guys would know that Seth Rich was murdered over it, because he leaked the files to Wikileaks, himself.

It's the same reason I'm SHOCKED that Matt Taiibi and Elon Musk are still even alive, for what they did @ Twitter.

Had Seth been able to testify fully in the Senate about the leaked docs, all the pizza-related stuff would pretty much HAVE to be discussed as something more than a "crackpot conspiracy theory" - and it seems like whoever was at the top of the chain of command at ATS 1.0 would rather just ban the topic altogether/blame fear of some kind of liability than discuss all of the corruption/"pizza-related" material that would come out of that, it seems. I am not saying that I know for sure, why, but my educated guess is that those "celebrities" and "New York Times" (and everyone else previously bragged about) connections may have been able to call in favors later to have certain topics banned. Those things would be considered two of them (i.e., wikileaks, which LEADS to p-gate.

I fully support Darko in wanting classiness on the forums (and thus, pushing some of the threads to the back, so we don't look bad, but never banning of an entire topic), but finding out that ATS had been outright banning discussion of something extremely important to our country's future for the last several YEARS was alarming, to say the least.

So, I'm going to be a regular poster here, and I encourage all of you to feel free to post here about those topics, and if you guys ever have ideas you've wanted to share in the past about where YOU want ATS to go, please let us know!

We can't make up for the last several years by any means, but we can reboot this site to match how great the users are. Sorely-needed attention has been paid by Darko to the backend of the site ; Now, our focus is more on all of you, and what ATS has needed for a long time - freedom.

I was hoping to be the first poster, but you guys are just too awesome and beat me to it! But will add more to this post about Seth Rich / Wikileaks shortly .

:cheers

edit on 05pmFri, 05 May 2023 23:14:30 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: Because I don't want to point fingers at anyone without proof

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Unwanted by people influence is all over the internet. Reddit, twitch, google, fb are all part of "freedom of speech" where nothing can be said.

It's a shame that their tenticles are spread everywhere and invented "free speech" where people are banned for disagreement, politicise our opinions to recruit support. Modern society should have values above opinions, not to spend their limited time looking for reasons to be right.

It keeps everyone busy to ignore the threats to those that challenge decisions, dishonesty, manipulation, and sickening "acceptance" from being eradicated. People are not being allowed to live a normal life even in the corners of the internet.

Be like an old grandfather - tough as nails(dont ban without good reason) but with thick skin (people must manage their own emotional distress, i dont want a platform to do it for me). Let people vent ATS.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ats admin

Thank you.
Now, everyone get on Gab .com and quit being censored about the essential things.
It didn't make sens to me that WikiLeaks topics were nixed from ATS of all places.

#RespectMuhConspiracah

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrs Darko

My guess always was p-gate was banned after that fellow stormed the place where he thought folks were hiding children in the cellar. Because I believe it was topic before.
Self protection. Or legal reasons.
The same with Wikileaks, just too dangerous at the time, spreading classified information paints a target on you.
Now... maybe not such an issue anymore.

I ♥️ ATS

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Maybe change the motto to,

"Defy Ignorance".

Cheers

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
after wikileeks we citizen journalists suggest a 'Caucus' thread be created on future treatment of both Hal Turner & InfoWars Articles and News reports as being credible source material...
edit on th31168330430105312023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh, dear; I often comment 'according to Wiki', not realizing (or forgetting) it was against T & C!

Thanks for making me 'legal'!

edit on 50000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was actually thinking recently how successful the media (and their controllers) had been at shutting down Wikileaks. Hardly a mention of them anywhere and I am not even sure if they are releasing anything important these days. Must go take a look.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Deny Everything"?

edit on 5-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrs Darko
I have been wondering, this whole time, why there aren't any threads on the topic. But the revelations from some of the users, mods and former mods here, are astonishing, to me.

"Deny Ignorance", huh? Not "Fight Ignorance", not "Transcend Ignorance". No, its as if the original founders were mounting a DEFENSE of some sort (like, "Hey, I ain't ignorant!")

I think Darko and I are changing that motto soon. Would love you guys' input on what it should be. Because for anyone to ban topics like Wikileaks or Sandy Hook altogether, there would either need to be a # ton of pushback from someone.

Well, I've done a pretty good amount of research on the topic of Wikileaks, and have come to the conclusion that it was not, I repeat, NOT, a "hacking case" (and thus, doesn't serve as a legitimate reason to ban the topic).

Because had it been ALLOWED, more of you guys would know that Seth Rich was murdered over it, because he leaked the files to Wikileaks, himself.

It's the same reason I'm SHOCKED that Matt Taiibi and Elon Musk are still even alive, for what they did @ Twitter.

Had Seth been able to testify fully in the Senate about the leaked docs, all the pizza-related stuff would pretty much HAVE to be discussed as something more than a "crackpot conspiracy theory" - and whoever was at the top of the chain of command at ATS 1.0 would rather just ban the topic altogether/blame fear of some kind of liability than discuss all of the corruption/"pizza-related" material that would come out of that, it seems. I am not saying that I know for sure, why, but my educated guess is that those "celebrities" and "New York Times" (and everyone else previously bragged about) connections may have been able to call in favors later to have certain topics banned. Those things would be considered two of them (i.e., wikileaks, which LEADS to p-gate.

I fully support Darko in wanting classiness on the forums (and thus, pushing some of the threads to the back, so we don't look bad, but never banning of an entire topic), but finding out that ATS had been outright banning discussion of something extremely important to our country's future for the last several YEARS was alarming, to say the least.

So, I'm going to be a regular poster here, and I encourage all of you to feel free to post here about those topics, and if you guys ever have ideas you've wanted to share in the past about where YOU want ATS to go, please let us know!

We can't make up for the last several years by any means, but we can reboot this site to match how great the users are. Sorely-needed attention has been paid by Darko to the backend of the site ; Now, our focus is more on all of you, and what ATS has needed for a long time - freedom.

I was hoping to be the first poster, but you guys are just too awesome and beat me to it! But will post about Seth Rich / Wikileaks shortly.
:cheers=

Well said.

There was overt "banning" but "covert" banning was more prevalent. Either spamming the hell out of a thread to justify archiving or ending it, or simply removing it for reasons unknown frustrating many who put time into the creation of super interesting topics.

Changing the culture is hard, dare I say, based on your excellent post, not all was as it seemed around here and of course elsewhere.

Your point about "deny ignorance" is very important, it aligns with the suspicious nature of the desire to ban the Leaks, which seems more design, as it suggests a consensus of what is "ignorance."

Changing the motto, while sad in a way, would alter the nature of the site itself in a big way, and should be something that is not inherently divisive or exclusive and be in the affirmative "deny" is Inversion, as what was once denied as "untrue" or "not consensus" is often proven as true. That said, given the recent revelations related to Twitter files, it seems a strange dance among many was being done with regard to topics, visibility etc.

You connecting Seth and Leaks is interesting, as Assange did mention the topic in a very curious way.

Hard to find a non mainstream source for the comments. This is interesting...

Julian Assange tells Megyn Kelly why WikiLeaks isn't releasing dirt on Donald Trump 2:00 minute mark.

Disclaimer, not a fan of Leaks, never felt genuine but more controlled opposition, but this "interview" would suggest something went wrong with the original purpose, so on the fence.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ummm..."Deny...Denying"

YouSir

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Lords Giveth

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Much respect for openly addressing this. Taking the honest Elon Musk approach is the best way to go, in my opinion. Openness/honesty earns far more trust/respect than close-guarding secrets. Thank you for this.

edit on 5-5-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ats admin

A letter from Assange to the king today.

Link

Fortuitous.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If that is the Case , then......FREE Julian Assange !

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
At this point it's probably kind of a moot point.

Wikileaks has been having a lot of issues and since November has ... lost(?) taken offline(?) deleted(?) millions of documents. There's only about 3,000 documents left and although their Twitter account tweets stuff, the whole site is a rather wholesome and bland affair with not much since 2019.

The most recent content of any size was the Fishrot files

Wikipedia on Wikileaks and some of its problems

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
At this point it's probably kind of a moot point.

Wikileaks has been having a lot of issues and since November has ... lost(?) taken offline(?) deleted(?) millions of documents. There's only about 3,000 documents left and although their Twitter account tweets stuff, the whole site is a rather wholesome and bland affair with not much since 2019.

The most recent content of any size was the Fishrot files

Wikipedia on Wikileaks and some of its problems

That's a damn shame, the info should have been available here. Even Reddit never banned WIkileaks.
If someone has some of the docs hopefully they link and upload them to this forum. This should have been a free and open platform all along. When I found out topics have a long history of being censored I was SHCKCED! The others were really pissed off because it wasn't disclosed during the site sale. Likewise, a lot of assets were never handed over like Youtube and Twitter, but that's beyond my pay-grade. A lot of shady stuff going on that has us all scratching our heads. I wish I would have been given the keys sooner so I could really figure out what was going on. Damn shame a site called ATS doesn't have actual ATS material.

Has anything else been banned that we are not aware of? What bothers me the most is that everyone was screaming about censorship when it came to the pit but only ONE person told us about history of banned subjects. None of us would have EVER imagined.

I know the owner bought it because he used to be a member and really likes the site but I don't think he's even logged on in forever. It was one of those things done on a whim. Very cool truther guy, very successful in bitcoin so he has money throw around like that and just an all around awesome guy. But the more I look the more I realize he probably WAY over paid. It's OK. He gave me free reign to Make ATS Great Again, so, it's pretty much in my hands now.

I don't know if ATS can be revived in 2023. I was on fire and really excited when I first started working on it but the more I got into it the more difficult it is to see turning such a big ship around when it's been so off course and without a captian for a long long time, even way before the sale.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join