It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Shows like Art Bell’s ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey all. I am posting there because I’ve run out of options with my searching. I am a long time listener of Art Bell and Coast to Coast. I have been searching for a decent substitute for new content and really do not like what I hear in podcasts. Dave Schrader has some decent stuff but I find the current show too short.

I really enjoyed Midnight in the Desert with all hosts but cannot find any of the Heather or Dave episodes.

I also cannot find anyone even trying to do the long form discussion like Art did.

I’m basically looking for anything that’s half decent and worth the time to listen to. Preferably with a backlog I can dive into.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: misfitsquid

Have you tried Richard Syrett's Strange Planet? It's not nearly as much fun as Art Bell, but still worth a listen depending on the guest.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Never heard of it, but I’m checking it out now. Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Have you tried Richard Syrett's Strange Planet? It's not nearly as much fun as Art Bell, but still worth a listen depending on the guest.

Thank you for this. I think I'm in the same boat as OP I have listened to Art Bell like every available episode over and over on the internet archive and I can quote them by now lol. I just could never find anything good alternative that I like whose voice isn't annoying to me. This one seems pretty interesting so thanks!
edit on 2-5-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Call me crazy, but something tells me the answer is ATS.

I sense the movement of a novel application of governance at play in the noosphere. A great assembly of force is coming in to being that will focus the minds of the lost and bewildered. All crazy uncles will no longer be shamed, and cats and dogs will once more dwell together under the same roof in peace.

Do you feel it too?

Love,

Crazy.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Good luck on your Diogenes style search.
Ain't gonna happen .

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Whitley Strieber's Dreamland is still generally very good/entertaining/informative. And airs every Friday:

Free listeners get around an hr, subscribers like around 2.

Dreamland

Most recent one sounds interesting:

Visitors: Are we Dealing with Time Travelers? Professor of Biological Anthropology at Montana Technological University, Dr. Michael P. Masters joins us to talk about his latest book, The Extratempestrial Model. Applying his expertise in hominin evolutionary anatomy, archaeology, and biomedicine, Dr. Masters is the first Ph.D. in Anthropology to credibly posit that UFOs and “aliens” are our future human descendants coming back through time to visit and study their own hominin evolutionary past. And when guest host Jeremy Vaeni sees that he is open to going beyond even that in his theorizing, he takes the conversation to places few are capable of exploring! You do not want to miss this one!

edit on 2/5/2023 by chris_stibrany because: friday not sunday

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I like the hosts from The Fringe FM -> Fringe.FM...

But, how about Jimmy Church of Fade to Black

Whenever ATS launches their streaming service, this will be the best place.

join