It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider the phrase "White Male Privilege" to be Harassment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Never be a victim nor claim victim status.

I am a white male. Anyone who doesn’t like it can Suck it.
edit on 28-4-2023 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: CryHavoc

No one has ever told me that I have "white privilege."

If you are white someone accused you of it, you just never knew about it because they didn't say it to your face. But there are plenty of examples of minorities talking about white privilege and it applies to any white person, regardless of the life they lead or how hard of a time they have making it from day to day.

The SNL skit where Eddie Murphy dressed up like a white person and found a whole secret world where white people got everything free and the world kissed their butts was just a comedy skit. Today some people seem to think its real...

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

White men have begun filing complaints with HR departments saying the forced diversity training is in itself racist and oppressive to white people. And they are correct.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
as long as all lives matter. black white and in between

edit on 28-4-2023 by AnrkE because: diversity training is racist

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nobody in my lifetime has ever used the words "white privilege" pointed toward me. I'm more of an........... icy beige.

I think most of this angst occurs in the cities, which I already consider to be against the precepts of nature. People out in the rural areas mostly seem to not have time for sociological wrestling. I believe that the more people are crammed togehter, the more they create and enhance conflict, and conflict always needs to come to a head to be resolved. Thus, it is mostly unhealthy, imo, to live in cities. I know. I've been in them. I was wholly enamored with a few of them until I regained my senses.

I do whatever good I can in my community. I live in the Caribbean. Nobody around me is much concerned with the various gradients of brown which make up our skin tones. I wish it could be like that everywhere. It doesn't really matter the degree of subdural melanin in your personal system.

P.S. I am happily unconcerned with that which others think or say of me. That is their problem, and none of my own. If any of 'them' have the stones to come to my door with their complaints, they will be subject to me cooking for them, followed by a pedantic lecture.

I think we need to push and pull more toward mutual cooperation. Can you trust your government? Who knows?

ETA: As to the thread title: Harassment? Nah. I would have to care about the view of the person pointing the finger to feel harassed. It's a label. There are lots of them, some of them quite shiny. I choose not to wear them.
edit on 28/4/23 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

This aged well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sep 16, 2020.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It’s discrimination against white males. Same as a recent law discriminating against those with a credit score of 720 or higher who will have to pay a 1 percent fee when financing a home while those who didn’t save as much or were as careful with their finances get a discount. The woke crowd including current elected officials apply their terminology to apply labels and then in their minds it makes it justifiable to discriminate against the people they have labeled using other terms such as equity etc. They repeat, label, tax and discriminate. Then repeat again.

In a normal society this would not be fair. It is sexist and racist in my opinion to apply labels based on sex and color. To then attempt to justify new laws to make things fair in their minds based on their labels is likely a precursor to passing racist laws or laws promoting one sex over another. Already males are required to pay alimony in divorces in over 80 percent of divorces and the court system doesn’t care if someone has less income later in life. Sentences are not fair in many many cases. If a woman decides to have a baby, the guy must pay for it. He has no choice. If a woman cheats in a marriage and has a baby that is not his, the guy pays. Our western society has been applying laws and regulations and judges to rule against males. This is just another stepping stone in my opinion to upping female privilege over males.

It’s just another sign of the collapse of western society and white males and other males are catching on that society is rigged against them when it comes to marriage and divorce and the law and court system. Marriage rates I heard are at 150 year lows and declining. Birth rates are dropping. Populations will start dropping. China is expected to lose hundreds of millions over 50 years. Labeling males and white males is just another tactic to divide us and then later attempt to tax us in some way via some new equity law. Society is collapsing. The woke crowd has taken over and discriminating against someone if they are white and male is ok to the woke crowd. I see the term as derogatory at a minimum. If I was born to a rich family, I view that different.

My father worked on a farm and I grew up working every summer when I wasn’t in school. When I hear people say the term, I am thinking it often reflects on a rich or liberal white female but there are other woke people joining in. It’s seems to be a common discrimination theme. Label a group. Make it ok to discriminate against a group based on sex or color of the group by making claims against the group. Repeat. Not saying there are not rich white privileged people born to rich families but applying the label to all white people is racist. I worked all my life. I worked in 120 degree heat in a glass plant. I worked summer jobs as a kid cutting grass or doing what I could. I painted houses outside in 100 degree heat in the summer sun. Even as a younger kid, my father put us to work on our summer vacation time since his family was his personal work crew. I didn’t get paid for a lot of what I did either. At least I didn’t have to pay rent to live at my parents house during my college days like some of my in laws did in their parents home. One of my so called while male future in law relatives had to flip burgers at a restaurant while studying computer science in college to pay rent at his parents house to stay in a room there.

I understand there is a lot of white female privilege. I just see the term white male privilege as another attack on men in general.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
as a white male I can confirm that it doesn't matter at all

you can claim whatever you want reality takes precendence

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Been spending some time on a couple reddit subs lately, and I've lost count of the number of times someone says something derogatory about people and then follows it up with something like "you know, typical young white males".

I'd say the white male privilege thing is pretty well done.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Reddit for the most part is an echo chamber. It’s good for some kinds of content, but struggles with current events or politics.

It is nice that their structure allows for sub reddits that can attempt to provide more of a mixed environment, politicalcompassmemes is the only place I’ve found there to be open mindedness towards different ideologies, because it’s a meme sub, so people don’t take themselves too seriously. The comedy to it helps combat an otherwise contentious subject.

But again, Reddit just isn’t a good place for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Dont consider it harassment but its sure a judgemental stereotype label that serves as a roadblock in the develipment of commhnity

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It may or may not be harassment but it is bollox.

I think though that the test for harassment is whether the victim feels harassed?
If that is right it definitely could be.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Why would you consider it harassment? Wouldn't you consider it hate?

I've always thought white privilege was a myth. I've never felt it, I don't know anyone who has felt it, and the claims people make for it are ridiculous.

Honestly, in my personal experience, it's worse to be a white male anymore than anything. Seems we are the only people that it is okay to be hateful towards. If a regular joe every day white man gets shot by the cops, nobody gives a flying F, but if it's a regular joe every day black guy, that cop needs to be strung up and there are riots for days, weeks, months even.

Take any phrase that would be offensive to any other race, ethnicity, gender, etc, flip it around so it's towards a white man and it's okay to say right?

Example: If I were to say "all black men beat their wives", that's racist right? But if I were to say "all white men beat their wives" most people would agree and it would be okay to say right?

How is that privilege? How are we so privileged that we can be treated different and it's okay but treat everyone else the way they treat us and it's wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Simple really, Just reject the accusations and claim to be transracial identity. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Harassment ?

No.

But sometimes I've sensed that people have higher expectations of a white guy than they would of others.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Harassment ?

No.

But sometimes I've sensed that people have higher expectations of a white guy than they would of others.

Cheers

That in itself is racist. No different than the racism of low expectations displayed by the left.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many times somebody saying you have "White Privilege" is usually using the phrase as an intimidation technique and red herring, and even an excuse for their own failure 😎

So true. Great answer.

My response is to utter an "uh huh" and walk away. Nothing to be gained talking to idiots. They are the "programmed" people.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
You don't think that's privilege? That only white people could buy homes, and entire cities ended up completely white?

Do you not realize that what you are basing your anger on is over 50 years old?

You do know that people aren't responsible for the crimes of their ancestors, right?

And no one is responsible for crimes they didn't commit themselves.

What claim do you have that pertains to NOW?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not on political subs is the thing.

So these will be just comments about something that people in general do that are annoying or pet peevish, and then the person writing it will follow it up with "you know, typical young white males" as if only young, white males ever do those things which is not true.

My mind instantly takes it back to a time when the similar comment might have been for someone to someone to say that, spit tobacco, and then laugh and say, "them dumb n-words" because it's the same kind of context and usage.

And again, these are not subreddit specifically setup to discuss this kind of thing, so these are just casual comments being made and leaking in, not ones being made in response to questions that would invite this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

I realize this is a lengthy compilation, but there are *tons* of examples in here of this is racist, that is racist that's spewing out of academia lately along with other examples of woke cringe. It's sort of scary really. This guy can afford to a segment like this almost weekly that's how much is being put out there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join