It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE WATER IS A LIE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
On Wednesday march 8, 2023 I was having lunch and a documentary caught my eye - a man who was obese and unhealthy did a 55 DAY water fast, and experienced several benefits. I decided right then and there that I was going to attempt an extended fast of my own, and settled on the goal of the end of the month.

Well, I ended up reaching my goal of 23 days with only water and a fasting supplement, losing almost 30 pounds, and experiencing noticeably increased energy and mental clarity. I'm still a couple dozen pounds overweight (but 60 pounds down from like < 6 months ago!), so I've fasted more this month, and through my extensive research due to wanting to do things as safely and sustainably as possible, I discovered dry fasting. I personally did a 3-day dry fast last week, from Sunday night until Wednesday night, with less than one mug full of water for the two days after (I had seen something a study saying that people who drank one cup of water instead of being completely dry lost more weight, but I honestly wish I had kept it going dry for longer now. That being said, August Dunning on YouTube recommends against doing more than one 7-day dry fast a year, although he also doesn't seem to like water fasting, so I may go for it again within the next month or two).

The study that recommends 8 cups of water a day was based on absolutely no scientific evidence. After not consuming a single sip of water or bite of food for 3 days straight, I can confirm that I was still very hydrated, my mouth was not dry at all.

In Buddhism we have a phrase, 'drinking hardship & eating poison', to describe the state of our world nowadays. After watching probably more than a dozen food and health related documentaries in the past 2 months, I truly believe this. Almost nothing we eat today is natural. Even the fruits & vegetables are overwhelmingly genetically modified or altered in some way. I also really believe breathatarianism is possible now, but I'm definitely not there yet. Before I die, I really would like to give it a try.

I'm planning on making a video about my journey with fasting when I'm all done, here's the script which covers all the basic information I learned about water fasting, but doesn't talk about dry fasting or any of my experiences since finishing that first 23-day water fast. Here's the link.

TLDR;
More and more people today are eating way too much. These western doctors don't know sh-t about health and wellness, they just wanna sell you drugs for a profit. Fasting is honestly a miracle cure for several conditions including diabetes, cancer, eczema, high blood pressure, and of course obesity. It literally has been proven to increase HGH and BDNF levels, which can help GROW YOUR BRAIN.

Honestly, I DO encourage everybody to try it, and if you can't do an extended fast then at least make some moves towards better health. Cut out the fast food. Try intermittent fasting. Stop snacking, or at least do what I did in the beginning and get healthier snacks. Trader Joe's has some great stuff. Pay more attention to what you're putting into your body. ESPECIALLY if you already have or are trending towards health issues.

That being said, be careful. Do your research. Listen to your body. Be aware that if you are already diabetic, fasting can be very dangerous. I'm not diabetic so I never bothered to memorize why exactly, and I still believe that it can be a useful tool to beat diabetes, but you will need to exercise extra caution, and may not be able to safely do an extended fast right away. My personal experience & recommendations are not responsible for your health - you are. Then again this is ATS, I doubt anybody here will blame me for their own choices. I don't know about you, but I don't want the medical industrial complex getting one more single cent from me. At least not due to easily preventible diseases that I bring upon myself. I don't wanna be 40 and 300 lbs, 50 on dialysis, 60 with cancer, 70 with Alzheimer's. And I wish lifelong health and wellness upon you too, dear reader.

can't get images or youtube links to work but there's tons of information out there just find it yourself

edit on 27-4-2023 by Sakiale because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2023 by Sakiale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The 8 cups of water a day was the slogan came up with by the US government to promote high consummation of water. Odd as it may be, the 8 cups a day slogan came out within days of the US government flouridating the water supply. Any connection? I don’t know. Strange? Sure the heck is, pardon my language…

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

theyre tryna fluroinate us all! lol idk if they really have a plan with the water but i havent ever drank straight tap water at home, we have a filter for the drinking water. after flint and ohio, i definitely dont trust the government water supply...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For the good of your oral hygiene,

To the OP. It’s not what you put into your mouth that pollutes you, it’s what comes out.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sakiale
Almost nothing we eat today is natural. Even the fruits & vegetables are overwhelmingly genetically modified or altered in some way. ....

People eat with their eyes and that's where greed is usually born maybe. A sense of entitlement and satisfaction from consumption.

It's why graphic design and packaging, marketing, advertising and promotion are an essential part of the whole lie and why it has been so easy to fool the population into believing whatever is told, read and pictured should be taken at face value. It's part of the reason I turned my back on the business about 30 years ago having started as a studio junior at the age of 15.

The additives do the rest of the job when it's shovelled into an orifice and because many people just need gratification, the real product and it's possible bad effects get ignored.

Good luck and keep us informed as to how it's going. Thankyou for the thread, I'll check back to see how things are progressing.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sakiale
More and more people today are eating way too much. These western doctors don't know sh-t about health and wellness, they just wanna sell you drugs for a profit. Fasting is honestly a miracle cure for several conditions including diabetes, cancer, eczema, high blood pressure, and of course obesity. It literally has been proven to increase HGH and BDNF levels, which can help GROW YOUR BRAIN.

Honestly, I DO encourage everybody to try it, and if you can't do an extended fast then at least make some moves towards better health.

There is no question that fasting is an amazing tool for health and wellness, but, it is only one half of the equation, and I also agree that dry fasting is the king of fasts. I've done lots of water fasting, the longest being 33 days (no supplements), and a few 48-60 hr dry fasts, but am planning my first 7+ day dry fast.

The other half of the equation is...

Cut out the fast food. Try intermittent fasting. Stop snacking, or at least do what I did in the beginning and get healthier snacks. Trader Joe's has some great stuff. Pay more attention to what you're putting into your body. ESPECIALLY if you already have or are trending towards health issues.

Some decent suggestions, but you should take it a step further.

Learn what is the actual species appropriate diet for human beings. Learn why it is, and do yourself a favor and apply it:

“Why We Are Carnivores”:

why Saturated Animal Fats - especially those from animal foods like fatty red meat and eggs - are not only NOT bad for us, they are actually one of the healthiest foods we can eat:

why dietary cholesterol - especially that form found in animal foods like fatty red meat and eggs (especially the yolks that are chock full of that extremely healthy cholesterol) - is not only NOT bad for us, they are actually one of the healthiest foods we can eat:

and how plants are actually trying to kill you:

Oh - and those so-called Blue Zones? Sorry, those were debunked long ago:

and here is a very long one that goes into the blue zones myth in-depth, and more:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sakiale

we have a filter for the drinking water

Reverse osmosis is the only filter system that will get rid of chlorine and some other impurities.

Good luck on your weight loss and journey back to health!

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I knew it would be you always propagating carnivore stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

There is a reason you know...

Truth is truth.... and often needs repeating.

I'm off to buy a couple of nice thick juicy ribeyes for tomorrows meal...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

To the OP. It’s not what you put into your mouth that pollutes you, it’s what comes out.

Ummmmmmmmmm....................

No?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I must be a total dunce…I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or if you are giving the reason for why they would force EVERYONE to consume a pesticide in every last thing they drink and cook…because I would say common sense tells you that it’s overkill all to help the poor children who don’t brush after every meal and got a cavity or putting the entire mouthwash business out of business which…I can’t understand why that hasn’t yet occurred when the nation gets more flouride in its mouths than a million colonies of termites or an entire nation of endodontists…Endor.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But it does matter the condition of your heart when you eat. This is why "every time we eat or drink, do so in Remembrance of Christ". It was faithless indulgence that dismembered Adam and Eve from God!

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

As an ex-vegetarian of 18 years from 14 years old to 32 years old, I was vegetarian only because of the moral implications of supporting the meat industry and the farming of God created souls who are born, live a short tortured life in unspeakable conditions, and finally are killed in their prime of life just to provide low quality processed meat products, a ton of which gets thrown out and wasted too making those lives and souls taken meaningless.

With that said though, the math checks out and it is totally correct. Vegetarians kill far more animals than they would as meat eaters. So I went back to meat. To grow the number of calories vegetarians need to replace the energy protein and minerals they got from meat, it takes an amount of farm land whose fertilisation requires far more dead animals than animals which would have been eaten as meat by those same vegetarians. The US farms with over 95% animal byproduct fertilisers and it isn’t changing any time soon since it’s so cheap compared to the alternatives. So those endless chopped up bodies to make your kale are more than had you just had steak. Best to rethink things.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

i believe ours is, but thanks for the addition. good to know.

as for the carnivore guy, i was born and raised vegetarian and my parents and i are vegan 99% of the time now. i have questioned whether my adhd and autism have anything to do with this, but now i think they have more to do with the processed foods, frozen snacks and fast foods, that we ate when i was young, and of course genetics.

as for physical health, on the other hand, all three of us are in better health than the average american, so i know for a fact that a nutritious vegan diet will not leave you with stunted growth or nutrient deficiencies.

that being said, i don't really try to convince anyone to stop eating meat, though i am more than happy to talk about it if asked. as for whether i'll ever intentionally try it, i don't think so - im unenthusiastic enough about still having to eat plant products, and while wild-caught game may still be pretty clean, there's no way in hell id ever touch any factory farmed animals. never mind nutritional value and weird industrial chemicals, but energetically, living in that type of environment all their lives and being pumped full of hormones, just can't be good...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

im not sure how you equate animal manure fertilizers to 'endless chopped up bodies' but i agree with your first paragraph. that said probably half of my household's fresh produce nowadays is homegrown or from friends' backyards anyway. yes, even here in (suburban) los angeles county.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sakiale

Thanks for the encouraging post and im glad you're making a turn around in your life!

I firmly believe that Buddha was actually a prophetic foretelling of Christ... just like the lives of the Patriarchs in the Bible have stunningly accurate similarities to Christ's life, so did Buddha's life foretell Jesus:

1) born of a king
2) fasted
3) most striking is the abundance of similar teachings (karma = Christ's metaphor of a tree bearing the kind of fruit that resembles it, teaching of the "middle way" = the "straight and narrow", etc)

The main difference is that Jesus conquered death, whereas Buddha died without resurrection. This is because Buddha didn't find the Creator, he simply found the formula to hack the matrix. Christ found it too, and instead of succumbing to Satan like buddha did during his fast, Jesus claimed his birthright of transcendent existence which is beyond earthly enlightenment.

I do think fasting is key to being "born again"

"You cannot be born again unless you're born of water and the Spirit"

The "Spirit", In the most literal term, is our Breath. That's the etymology of the word. Jesus is saying to be born again we ought to do a water fast while coming to know our breath, which has transcendent properties as the Holy Spirit. This is exactly what John the Baptist was doing to prepare people for when the veil of the temple (gate to the transcendent) was opened by Christ.

To be born again is to find the next fractal of life, the beginning of eternal life. No one on earth has found it, we are all deviating from the plan. I write this to encourage myself and others of what I interpret to be the good news
edit on 27-4-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

im still tryna figure out what you mean by this... lol

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I love ribeyes but when I eat redmeat every day I feel bloated, sleepy and stupid.
I like balancing with fresh salad and fruit.
And also cheese and olives.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nowhere did I say I was against meat.
I am an omnivore.
Case closed.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It won't remove fluoride...you have to distill for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join