It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mudpit Going Away

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antimony
Some people keep saying that the mud-pit is the most popular area. The mud-pit is the most active, blah, blah, and then saying that people are leaving the site if the mud-pit is gone. But I have an alternate thought, which is how I really feel. What if all the good posters left BECAUSE of the mud-pit and attitudes seeping over already and the site got way too politicized due to their absence and the absence of substantive threads on interesting topics like UFOs, actual conspiracy theories, cryptids.

The MP doesn't "cause" attitudes.

Those attitudes exist in and out of the MP.

Where are all these people insulting people? I rarely see that, and when I do, I also see that it's dealt with.

I've also noticed that most of the people who are arguing for the pit, aren't the type that run around haphazardly insulting people.

Meh whatever...

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Gotta love this new tactic: "The Mud Pit is seeping over into other forums".

It's the premier talking point that is getting repeated over and over now...anyone who witnesses how the MSM works, realizes that this is how propaganda works.

On ATS of all places...Passionate and free expression of opinion and speech is now being compared to toxic waste seeping into the groundwater of some bucolic utopian community.

Foolish gullible sheep.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The Mud Pit isn't just about insulting someone. Sure, if your intent is puerile you can use it that way. To me it is about using real language and not having to monitor every sentence like the PC police are watching. Sometimes I don't want to be politically correct. Sometimes I want to tell someone something they just said is absolutely #ing stupid - Diane Feinstein and her "bullet button" comes to mind. Sometimes its just the right thing to say...
www.youtube.com...

That's the balance that some here see as a threat to whatever biases they swing with.

I see members on all sides of a debate having their butts handed to them all the time in the MP with facts, knowledge, experience and logic.

LOOK AROUND!! Things going well??? Everything is just dandy and logical??

No, it is not. Politically we are in the roughest spot in history as we ALL what our country disintegrating before our eyes. To deny ignorance you must also deny delusion.

The problem is the TV is telling certain members one thing and ATS is saying another and they pop a fuse.

We're all bullies here....rightwing bully meanies..

People need to grow up.
edit on 4/24/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I know right, I've been called a whiner by how many people in this thread that want the mudpit removed now? Pretty funny, I'm using this forum to ask the ATS staff a question and the people that should be the example are flinging mud in it. I just want to clarify the absolute mess going on over the weekend that was abrubtly shutdown.
edit on 24-4-2023 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So let’s review shall we?

• Mudpit is there and open right now. Enjoy it.
  • Whole thread was discussing an option.
  • There is and always has been less moderation inside the Mudpit. That was the purpose.
  • The problem being people not being respectful outside the Mudpit.

So let’s say you wanted to quit smoking. Do you…
  • Keep smoking because it will magically stop if you wish hard enough.
  • Only smoke while drinking coffee, driving, after meals, in the bar…
  • Actively not buy nor smoke cigarettes.

All three could work. And there have been various alternatives suggested including a few that seems like going the nicotine patch route.

But an open thread to the membership on opinions was a good thing. Nothing has happened yet, because there doesn’t seem to be a decision made as yet. But if you think ATS is a single forum? I don’t know what to tell you. Because there are roughly 20+ forums that have came and gone over the years off the top of my head. And probably closer to 30 or more in the past 20 years. Dead topics. Several were replaced by combined forums. And some were hosted forums and the host is no longer attached.

Who knows, if you look around you might find the comic book forum and enjoy that. Or writing short stories. Or video game discussion. There is even like 15 other political forums, just you have to post with civility and decorum within them…or you can find out how easy moderating the boards are.

Up to you.

• The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

Here, your "freedom of speech" is a privilege granted by the owner of this website. Any topic whatsoever can easily be discussed without insults, vulgarities, and taunting language. Our management style, organized structure, and efficient services are designed to created an environment in which members aspire to our higher standards, not scoff at them.

Terms And Conditions

And on that note....
    Closed
    edit on Mon Apr 24 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join