It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Believe In Evil & Demonic Influences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if the general population is really unaware or unable to sense what evil is? I do wonder if it is a lack of the divine in one's heart and soul or if this is the fulfillment of believing the lies and delusions mentioned for the "End Times".

Yes, demonic influences exist and their influence is growing exponentially, tainting the hearts and minds of mankind. I just wonder if people are so lost that they believe the examples below are "normal".

4 videos on the first link... take 4 mins and see what they are all about. Tell me this is not evil on video...

twitter.com...

Trans Activists says they want to eat aborted babies and turn them into smoothies…

twitter.com...
edit on 15-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

In the end times men will call good evil and evil good.
I think they know this and are trying to be a catalyst for the apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Your beliefs dicate your perceptions, and "perception is 9/10ths of Reality".

That doesn't mean you are not "mis-perceiving" Reality because your beliefs are erroneous, however.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In His never ending Grace, God warns, over and over and over what is going to happen.

Jude is the Book before Revelation and right up to the very end, the warnings keep coming:

Jud 1:13  Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. 
Jud 1:14  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 
Jud 1:15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 
Jud 1:16  These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. 
Jud 1:17  But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 
Jud 1:18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 
Jud 1:19  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 
Jud 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 
Jud 1:21  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 
Jud 1:22  And of some have compassion, making a difference: 
Jud 1:23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 
Jud 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 
Jud 1:25  To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Who will take heed?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That is the most disturbing, unsettling thing I have ever seen. The degree of mental illness in society has become the norm and is rapidly spreading.

I think the world may have people being born without souls.....evil incarnate.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

In the end times men will call good evil and evil good.
I think they know this and are trying to be a catalyst for the apocalypse.

lol to me you totally describe Evangelicals with that.
I know that's not what you mean but perception is key.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Your beliefs dicate your perceptions, and "perception is 9/10ths of Reality".

That doesn't mean you are not "mis-perceiving" Reality because your beliefs are erroneous, however.

Did you watch the vids... I assume not.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

That is the most disturbing, unsettling thing I have ever seen. The degree of mental illness in society has become the norm and is rapidly spreading.

I think the world may have people being born without souls.....evil incarnate.

Makes a big difference when you actually SEE it versus just hearing about stories.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So I generally resist 'going to videos' of this nature.

Perhaps it's moral cowardice of some ilk. I genuinely fear discovering how effective certain kinds of messaging can be.

After about 50% of the first video... I stopped.

Can't do it. Don't want to experience it.

Response Part 1:

Why do activists allow this kind of content to be 'representative' of their cause? Do they find it 'wholesome?' Does it evoke support? And does the assumption that they "allow" it betray a kind of bias?

I have seen evil. It exists... I mean that as an absolute... not just seeing people who posture in malevolence, not just hearing well rendered accounts of evil... it exists as a 'thing' unto itself. Like fire. Very much like fire. What makes it insidious is its ability to be invisible unless scrutinized and examined by otherwise non-vested minds.

Ironically, I have noticed that earnestly seeking out this evil actually engenders it... ending with the would-be opponent subsumed. I would risk offering caution to would-be warriors of light, it takes more than just "good" to defeat evil... Just as it takes more than "just evil" to overcome good.

Response Part 2:

I can't imagine the why of the twitter warriors exposing themselves (again, as usual, as always) in this manner. I wonder if they don't realize what they are accomplishing towards 'acceptance'... I also wonder if some of this isn't counter-agencies stoking outrage and disharmony... I further wonder if this isn't another example of commerce... clickbait... actual productions to exploit people... but then I get lost in such propositions...

To the first twitter person....

How angry are you? Why don't you tell us... open up, don't hold back.... [sarcasm off] Is this you "being offended?"

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Evil, really?
The first is drunk'n dumped I'd say. Venting.
The second is a show, if you don't 'get it' don't watch it.
The third is embracing her inner psycho in an attempt of artistic expression. Not very good, but not everybody is Banksy.
The forth is from a protest, where to the people it concerns it's a matter of life and death. So the display is accordingly drastic.

If you want evil, look at the recent beheading of an Ukrainian soldier, or ISIS propaganda and executions, or a scroll through the Guantanamo pictures.
You know: where people actually suffer.

What's demonic? In your mind people taken over by sulfur smelly servants of Satan? That's just crap.
Picking groups as your enemy is evil. Wishing death to everybody you don't like, understand or agree with is evil.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hate has been around for quite a while now, it's not like it's something new.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A popular view promoted in the entertainment media (and elsewhere, let's say society in general, "this system of things" as the Bible puts it at Rom 12:2) is that there is no absolute good or evil, it's all relative or subjective, or based on the eye of the beholder (perception), as in the mantra already brought up in this thread: "perception is 9/10ths of Reality". Just like there supposedly is no absolute right or wrong, no absolute truth.

Many believe that truth is relative​—in other words, that what is true to one person may be untrue to another, so that both may be “right.” This belief is so widespread that there is a word for it​—“relativism.”

“What Is Truth?”

A Culture of Relativism

Relativism is not limited to philosophers. It is taught by religious leaders, indoctrinated in schools, and spread by the media. Episcopal bishop John S. Spong said a few years ago: “We must . . . move from thinking we have the truth and others must come to our point of view to the realization that ultimate truth is beyond the grasp of all of us.” Spong’s relativism, like that of so many clergymen today, is quick to drop the Bible’s moral teachings in favor of a philosophy of “to each his own.” For example, in an effort to make homosexuals feel more “comfortable” in the Episcopal Church, Spong wrote a book claiming that the apostle Paul was a homosexual!

In many lands the school systems seem to engender a similar type of thinking. Allan Bloom wrote in his book The Closing of the American Mind: “There is one thing a professor can be absolutely certain of: almost every student entering the university believes, or says he believes, that truth is relative.” Bloom found that if he challenged his students’ conviction on this matter, they would react with astonishment, “as though he were calling into question 2 + 2 = 4.” [whereislogic: which is ironic, cause that's actually an absolute truth.]

The same thinking is promoted in countless other ways. For instance, TV and newspaper reporters often seem more interested in entertaining their viewers than in getting at the truth of a story. Some news programs have even doctored or faked film footage in order to make it appear more dramatic. And in entertainment a stronger attack is mounted on truth. The values and moral truths that our parents and grandparents lived by are widely viewed as obsolete and are often held up to outright ridicule.

Of course, some might argue that much of this relativism represents open-mindedness and therefore has a positive impact on human society. Does it really, though? And what about its impact on you? Do you believe that truth is relative or nonexistent? If so, searching for it may strike you as a waste of time. Such an outlook will affect your future.

Why Search for Truth?

MANY religious organizations claim to have the truth, and they offer it eagerly to others. However, between them they offer a dizzying profusion of “truths.” Is this just another evidence that all truths are relative, that there are no absolute truths? No.

In his book The Art of Thinking, Professor V. R. Ruggiero expresses his surprise that even intelligent people sometimes say that truth is relative. He reasons: “If everyone makes his own truth, then no person’s idea can be better than another’s. All must be equal. And if all ideas are equal, what is the point in researching any subject? Why dig in the ground for answers to archeological questions? Why probe the causes of tension in the Middle East? Why search for a cancer cure? Why explore the galaxy? These activities make sense only if some answers are better than others, if truth is something separate from, and unaffected by, individual perspectives.”

In fact, no one really believes that there is no truth. When it comes to physical realities, such as medicine, mathematics, or the laws of physics, even the staunchest relativist will believe that some things are true. Who of us would dare to ride in an airplane if we did not think that the laws of aerodynamics were absolute truths? Verifiable truths do exist; they surround us, and we stake our lives on them.

The Price of Relativism

It is in the moral realm, though, where the errors of relativism are most apparent, for it is here that such thinking has done the most harm. The Encyclopedia Americana makes this point: “It has been seriously doubted whether knowledge, or known truth, is humanly attainable . . . It is certain, however, that whenever the twin ideals of truth and knowledge are rejected as visionary or harmful, human society decays.”

Perhaps you have noticed such decay. For example, the Bible’s moral teachings, which say clearly that sexual immorality is wrong, are only rarely held as truths anymore. Situation ethics​—“decide what is right for you”—​is the order of the day. Could anyone claim that social decay has not resulted from this relativistic outlook? Surely the worldwide epidemics of sexually transmitted diseases, broken homes, and teenage pregnancies speak for themselves.

What Is the Truth?

So let us leave the murky waters of relativism and examine briefly what the Bible describes as the pure waters of truth. (John 4:14; Revelation 22:17) In the Bible, “truth” is not at all like the abstract, intangible concept over which philosophers debate.

Coming back to the existence of evil, this video makes some good points about it:

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
A popular view promoted in the entertainment media (and elsewhere, let's say society in general, "this system of things" as the Bible puts it at Rom 12:2) is that there is no absolute good or evil, it's all relative or subjective, or based on the eye of the beholder (perception), as in the mantra already brought up in this thread: "perception is 9/10ths of Reality". Just like there supposedly is no absolute right or wrong, no absolute truth.

Many believe that truth is relative​—in other words, that what is true to one person may be untrue to another, so that both may be “right.” This belief is so widespread that there is a word for it​—“relativism.”

“What Is Truth?”

A Culture of Relativism

Relativism is not limited to philosophers. It is taught by religious leaders, indoctrinated in schools, and spread by the media. Episcopal bishop John S. Spong said a few years ago: “We must . . . move from thinking we have the truth and others must come to our point of view to the realization that ultimate truth is beyond the grasp of all of us.” Spong’s relativism, like that of so many clergymen today, is quick to drop the Bible’s moral teachings in favor of a philosophy of “to each his own.” For example, in an effort to make homosexuals feel more “comfortable” in the Episcopal Church, Spong wrote a book claiming that the apostle Paul was a homosexual!

In many lands the school systems seem to engender a similar type of thinking. Allan Bloom wrote in his book The Closing of the American Mind: “There is one thing a professor can be absolutely certain of: almost every student entering the university believes, or says he believes, that truth is relative.” Bloom found that if he challenged his students’ conviction on this matter, they would react with astonishment, “as though he were calling into question 2 + 2 = 4.” [whereislogic: which is ironic, cause that's actually an absolute truth.]

The same thinking is promoted in countless other ways. For instance, TV and newspaper reporters often seem more interested in entertaining their viewers than in getting at the truth of a story. Some news programs have even doctored or faked film footage in order to make it appear more dramatic. And in entertainment a stronger attack is mounted on truth. The values and moral truths that our parents and grandparents lived by are widely viewed as obsolete and are often held up to outright ridicule.

Of course, some might argue that much of this relativism represents open-mindedness and therefore has a positive impact on human society. Does it really, though? And what about its impact on you? Do you believe that truth is relative or nonexistent? If so, searching for it may strike you as a waste of time. Such an outlook will affect your future.

Why Search for Truth?

MANY religious organizations claim to have the truth, and they offer it eagerly to others. However, between them they offer a dizzying profusion of “truths.” Is this just another evidence that all truths are relative, that there are no absolute truths? No.

In his book The Art of Thinking, Professor V. R. Ruggiero expresses his surprise that even intelligent people sometimes say that truth is relative. He reasons: “If everyone makes his own truth, then no person’s idea can be better than another’s. All must be equal. And if all ideas are equal, what is the point in researching any subject? Why dig in the ground for answers to archeological questions? Why probe the causes of tension in the Middle East? Why search for a cancer cure? Why explore the galaxy? These activities make sense only if some answers are better than others, if truth is something separate from, and unaffected by, individual perspectives.”

In fact, no one really believes that there is no truth. When it comes to physical realities, such as medicine, mathematics, or the laws of physics, even the staunchest relativist will believe that some things are true. Who of us would dare to ride in an airplane if we did not think that the laws of aerodynamics were absolute truths? Verifiable truths do exist; they surround us, and we stake our lives on them.

The Price of Relativism

It is in the moral realm, though, where the errors of relativism are most apparent, for it is here that such thinking has done the most harm. The Encyclopedia Americana makes this point: “It has been seriously doubted whether knowledge, or known truth, is humanly attainable . . . It is certain, however, that whenever the twin ideals of truth and knowledge are rejected as visionary or harmful, human society decays.”

Perhaps you have noticed such decay. For example, the Bible’s moral teachings, which say clearly that sexual immorality is wrong, are only rarely held as truths anymore. Situation ethics​—“decide what is right for you”—​is the order of the day. Could anyone claim that social decay has not resulted from this relativistic outlook? Surely the worldwide epidemics of sexually transmitted diseases, broken homes, and teenage pregnancies speak for themselves.

What Is the Truth?

So let us leave the murky waters of relativism and examine briefly what the Bible describes as the pure waters of truth. (John 4:14; Revelation 22:17) In the Bible, “truth” is not at all like the abstract, intangible concept over which philosophers debate.

Coming back to the existence of evil, this video makes some good points about it:

Excellent post.

And did we not learn what would become the argument of the ages when Pilate said: What is truth?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Then there's this from the first chapter of Romans:

Indeed, God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who try to suppress the truth by unrighteousness. 19 This happens because what can be known about God is evident among them, because God made it evident among them. 20 In fact, his invisible characteristics—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, because they are understood from the things he made. As a result, people are without excuse, 21 because, even though they knew God, they did not honor him or give him thanks as God. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless heart was darkened.

22 Although they claim to be wise, they have become fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human, or like birds, four-footed animals, and crawling things. 24 So, as they followed the sinful desires of their hearts, God handed them over to the impurity of degrading their own bodies among themselves. 25 Such people have traded the truth about God for the lie, worshipping and serving the creation rather than the Creator, who is worthy of praise forever. Amen.

For this reason God handed them over to disgraceful passions. Even their females exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 And, in the same way, their males, after abandoning natural sexual relations with females, were consumed by their lust for one another. Males perform indecent acts with males and receive in themselves the penalty that is fitting for their perversion.

28 And since they did not consider it worthwhile to hold on to the true knowledge of God, God handed them over to a corrupted mind to do things that should never be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and malice. They are gossipers, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent mockers, arrogant boasters, and loudmouths. They dream up evil things. They disobey their parents. 31 They are senseless, faithless, heartless, and merciless. 32 Even though they know God’s righteous decree that those who do these things are worthy of death, such people not only continue to do them, but also approve of others who continue to commit such sins.

(post by cappie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

My brother...I recognize evil and demonic influences. I just don't let them get to me.

It's a life filled w just tryin everyday to ignore those things.

Hard, not impossible...but tryin ..trying to walk in/with the "Light"....not the dark

God bless ya as well!

Best, MS

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Correct you are!

Just let me add:

Roman's 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie; and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.

Matthew 12:43-45:
When an evilf spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, seeking rest but finding none.
Then it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’ So it returns and finds its former home empty, swept, and in order.
Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before. That will be the experience of this evil generation.

The take away?
Those empty of the Spirit of GOD (Ruach Ha-Kodesh)
allow themselves open to the indwelling of other spirits.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Evil is intelligent but unenlightened and so it is the reason evil has become rampant in the west, evil will win through argument because we are unenlightened as a species.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: MykeNukem

Then there's this from the first chapter of Romans:

Indeed, God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who try to suppress the truth by unrighteousness. 19 This happens because what can be known about God is evident among them, because God made it evident among them. 20 In fact, his invisible characteristics—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, because they are understood from the things he made. As a result, people are without excuse, 21 because, even though they knew God, they did not honor him or give him thanks as God. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless heart was darkened.

22 Although they claim to be wise, they have become fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human, or like birds, four-footed animals, and crawling things. 24 So, as they followed the sinful desires of their hearts, God handed them over to the impurity of degrading their own bodies among themselves. 25 Such people have traded the truth about God for the lie, worshipping and serving the creation rather than the Creator, who is worthy of praise forever. Amen.

For this reason God handed them over to disgraceful passions. Even their females exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 And, in the same way, their males, after abandoning natural sexual relations with females, were consumed by their lust for one another. Males perform indecent acts with males and receive in themselves the penalty that is fitting for their perversion.

28 And since they did not consider it worthwhile to hold on to the true knowledge of God, God handed them over to a corrupted mind to do things that should never be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and malice. They are gossipers, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent mockers, arrogant boasters, and loudmouths. They dream up evil things. They disobey their parents. 31 They are senseless, faithless, heartless, and merciless. 32 Even though they know God’s righteous decree that those who do these things are worthy of death, such people not only continue to do them, but also approve of others who continue to commit such sins.

Yessir, all the way through the warnings come.

Lot's of the warnings are for us too, not just the unbelievers.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Relativism does not reject the existence of universal truths it merely proposes that truth is relative rather than absolute. Much like Einstein Special Theory of Relativity, that proved the passage of time is relative, not absolute. It has nothing to do with ignorance of time nor truth.

When you see things as beautiful it is your mind that creates ugliness. Ugliness therefore is not a universal truth. Its relative to your perceptions only.

So one has be very careful that their own mind isn't creating ugliness in the world. Which is why scripture forbids it...Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join