It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 US citizens died fighting in Ukraine, State Dept. says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why does it feel like the country is drifting towards an in for a penny in for a pound, the slo-mo reveal of its true intentions?

Remember when I said a the beginning it sounded like NATO was playing "Just the tip" game? Now we have all these "secrets" which could have been a controlled release, but even if it's a legit leak sounds like it is full steam ahead for another year.

www.msn.com...

2 US citizens died while fighting in Ukraine, State Dept. says
Two Americans have died while volunteering to fight in Ukraine, the U.S. Department of State said Wednesday.

Edward Wilton and Grady Kurpasi died in combat during the conflict, bringing the total number of Americans killed to at least eight.

Wilton, 22, died on April 7 fighting in Bakhmut, his half brother Parker Cummings told ABC News. He was from Marianna, Florida.

Wilton served in the U.S. Army, Cummings said, and informed his half brother about his plans to fight in Ukraine through a message sent from a plane en route to Poland on April 10, 2022.

“My brother was very selfless. My brother was very honorable and traditional," Cummings told ABC News. "He cared more about freedom for all than for his own safety. Edward was a true hero and he will be missed until we see him again.”

Joshua Cropper, who told ABC News he fought with Wilton in Ukraine’s International Legion between April and early July 2022, said of Wilton: “He was so young but immensely brave. Fearless. We’d need three guys to do any task, he's always going to have his hand up. He was as mature as anybody I've ever known.”

Kurpasi was reportedly last seen in April 2022 and was widely reported to be missing last June.

As recently as last fall, his family said they believed he was in critical condition in a Russian-controlled hospital in Donetsk, but it’s not clear exactly when he was confirmed dead or if he was ever hospitalized.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Are you familiar with how we got involved in Vietnam and how, without the help of some insider whistleblowers, the casualties could have been exponentially higher?

Ive been against US involvement from the very start and this past week has demonstrated exactly why.

If this goes the way I think it does, I wonder how many pro Ukraine folks will remain after a draft.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I know what you're getting at, but if people would have kept their eyes opened and not been blinded by the insane continuance of Russia, Russia, Russia hysteria, their intentions would have been apparent from the start.

Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Are you familiar with how we got involved in Vietnam and how, without the help of some insider whistleblowers, the casualties could have been exponentially higher?

Ive been against US involvement from the very start and this past week has demonstrated exactly why.

If this goes the way I think it does, I wonder how many pro-Ukraine folks will remain after a draft.

I know we sent advisors early on and continued to slowly send more and more, and the Gulf of Tonkin was BS.

The whistleblowers are you referring to later in the war as in the My Lai massacre?

I was against it as well because it isn't winnable without NATO troops, which means US TROOPS.

Forget the dozens of other legit reasons we should have stayed out of it. Now we are stuck, with no peace talks this year yet the same Pentagon also sees no way Ukraine can continue with certain munitions at the current burn rate.

Personally, I believe we have a split in NATO and the US, UK, and Poland, etc want to go full bore but some other countries aren't as sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I know what you're getting at, but if people would have kept their eyes opened and not been blinded by the insane continuance of Russia, Russia, Russia hysteria, their intentions would have been apparent from the start.

Just sayin...

Just spitballing here I enjoy the discussion but

Don't get me started, we were sold this war, our MSM sold us this war, when's the last time MSM was behind a war that early? Almost as if it all was choreographed. But it was done brilliantly it was sold so well that those 81 million peace-loving progressive Democrat voters were hyped for war. As a somewhat conservative we did the same thing in the build-up to Iraq 1 and 2 and Afghanistan, it was sold very well. But as history has shown it too was a hustle, Cheney's Wars we were duped.

My only thought is the military is running things, but we have to know they aren't infallible, we are going to mess around and find troops on the ground. For no good reason except 25 years of arms and aid at best

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: JinMI

If this goes the way I think it does, I wonder how many pro-Ukraine folks will remain after a draft.

I was against it as well because it isn't winnable without NATO troops, which means US TROOPS.

Ummm...excuse me..."It"...isn't winnable period...

Your failing to see the reality of what this...It"...means to Russia and to Russia's leadership...

This is an existential fight...existential...let that sink in for a minute...

NATO and the US are already balls deep in this conflict...a conflict that they purposely engineered...and they're getting their asses handed to them...

These..."leaks"...are nothing but the controlled dissemination of information...these were intentional...
Trust me...Russia isn't fooled by them in the slightest...

Frankly...they appear to me to be a rather childish...inept...obfuscation...

There are only two plausible scenario's...

1...these leaks are the truth and are disseminated to prepare a face saving withdrawal from Ukrainian support...by NATO and primarily the US...

2...these leaks are an inept smokescreen in an attempt to create the illusion that Ukraine won't have their offensive and then go full bore last gasp with their offensive...

There's no winnable scenario for NATO and or the US in any boots on the ground fight with Russia...because it will go nuclear...and then everybody loses...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Don't you find it wearisome that so many want this to continue? Even here on ATS, a conspiracy site. the war drums are beating and propaganda is still being spread. I suppose, if nothing else we at least get some insight into fellow members mindsets.
I'm for peace and dialogue. I would also be for accountability but sadly that will never happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They were ex US military hired by Biden administration. Mercenaries.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That’s called natural selection.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

NATO isn't going to beat Russia militarily in this part of the world no matter who they send. I really do wonder where people get this idea that the US is some formidable fighting force. Guess they forgot to tell a certain group of sandal wearing peasants.

Throwing the Ukraine under the bus to crash Russia's economy (and bring Germany back under economic control) was always the plan. One out of two ain't bad.

new topics

top topics

join