It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God! - WSF2023 - Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It was one of those balmy days where the rays of the sun offered respite like the warm embrace of a rekindled flame.

He was lounging alone, content as one of his lizards in the Galapagos basking in radiant bliss on a rocky outcrop. Except he was feeling decidedly warm blooded, and this was Paris in the springtime.

His tongue flicked at the glass of red Bordeaux, his 4th one that afternoon no less.

His senses had narrowed in on a perky blonde, the poor creature unawares of the hunt that was about to commence.

Sidewalk cafés were the notorious watering holes of the concrete jungle , and he was ready to pounce on one of the weaker gazelles that for a fleeting moment had wandered and became separated from her herd.

Admittedly she had the nose of a seasoned warehouse fighter but this wasn't natural selection by any stretch of the imagination. And his imagination was stretched enough as it were.

Another chapter for a book that will never be written, he smiled wryly.

On The Propagation Of The Species... Chapter 22? He struggled to recall the number.

Bloody hell, Charles, she's getting away! He jumped up and fished a few coins out of his pocket as he watched her cross the busy street.

The avenues were bustling with Parisians going about their day, and he was determined not to lose sight of his quarry.

He never saw it coming.

The carriage smashed into his side as the horses swerved to evade the impact, but he felt none of that.

'Get legless, stay legless. A fine award indeed old boy' , he thought to himself as his consciousness seeped out and above and as it evolved towards a pupa like tunnel he was wondering whether he was about to metamorphose and what kind of butterfly he was about to become.

'A social butterfly perhaps', he chuckled as he started to accelerate ominously towards a great unknown.

The End.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Really nice
I didn't get the science fails? But I liked it.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Darwin(and science in a broader sense) is frequently challenged by the religious community, however in this universe he was a bit... erm... challenged.

He had devolved from walking on two legs to crawling on his stomach only to realize that there was an afterlife after all.

He was spot on though when he predicted that this chapter would never be written.

edit on 12-4-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Neat haha a sexually predatory Charles Darwin? who'd have thought it?

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I was worried that it was going to come across as a bit rapey, which isn't the intention at all.

What I had in mind initially was him falling in love at first sight and the delicate symphony of thoughts that dances through his mind as he marvels at the wonderful abstractness that we call love only for him to be rejected as he fumbles a cheesy introductory one liner which would have been something about being an author and if she asked the title of his book he would've been 'on the propagation of the species' and he was just about to write the next chapter and she would've slapped him just as her boxer fiance walked into the Cafe.

Alas, the keyboard had other plans.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Loved it!

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I enjoyed the build-up... and was swept by the climax.

It seems that 'pursuit' in the 'civilized' world is a dangerous thing... to both hunter and prey.

Nicely done! Thanks for the read!

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79I rather like the idea of him fumbling his attempt at making a 1st impression, Thats the sort of thing that can drive a man to excel in other areas

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Ferrous.

top topics

join