It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Area 51" on Unsolved Mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We are close to wrapping up this series of Unsolved Mysteries UFO cases now. This particular segment featured the alleged secretive work going on in the Nevada desert. It was one of the shorter features.

First Aired : Sept 18th 1994

Link to Segment : youtu.be...

Unsolved Mysteries Show Notes

Six hundred miles west of Roswell, somewhere in the midst of the vast Nevada desert, is a top secret military installation. It has been called The Ranch, The Funny Farm, Dreamland, Groom Lake, and, most commonly, Area 51.

Researcher Jerome Clark expands:

It doesn't appear on any map, and although it can be seen with the naked eye from an adjoining ridge, the Air Force insists that Area 51 does not exist. It's been there since the 1960s, and it's a site where extremely advanced aviation technology is tested, usually under cover of darkness. Some of these objects actually look like what people have reported as UFOs.

Amateur video was shot near Area 51 using a special digital zoom lens. Skeptics say the strange lights seen here and in other videos are experimental military aircraft. But others remain convinced that they are, in reality, the test flights of alien spacecraft.

Bob Lazar says he worked for six months at a secret installation near Area 51

The only thing I was told is that I was going to be working on an advanced propulsion system.Something different from a jet or a rocket. Something different from a propeller, which I thought was fantastic. That was exactly what I was interested in. I had no idea that this was of extraterrestrial origin.

As astonishing as it may seem, Bob Lazar claims that the United States Government is in possession of alien spacecraft. One of them, nicknamed the sport model, measures 52.8 feet in diameter. Lazar claims he witnessed a test flight in March of 1989.

The flight of the disk was short. The bottom of the disk itself glowed a very faint blue. As it rose to about 20 or 30 feet, the sound dissipated, and then it was completely silent,and hung silently in the air, which was which was quite a sight for something that size. It moved very slowly over to the left, very slowly over to the right, and then it sat back down. It was very uneventful-- well, as uneventful as a flying saucer test could be.

While some say that Bob Lazar is a fraud and lacks scientific credentials, others maintain that his story is essentially true. George Knapp responds:

In the five years I've been working on this, I've accumulated approximately two dozen other witnesses who would corroborate this story-- people who worked at Groom Lake and Area 51 in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, all of whom have different bits and pieces that would tend to corroborate. People who have seen the flying disks. People who have worked at the base and watched the tests. People that have been told by their superior officers that these things came from somewhere else.

When "Unsolved Mysteries" asked the Air Force about Area 51, they refused to acknowledge its existence. Bob Lazar believes that the shroud of official secrecy is hiding much more than alien spacecraft.

I did have the opportunity to view autopsy photos. And when they were taken, I couldn't even guess. They were black and white. The being was dead. It was only an upper chest photograph of the being. Its chest was cut in a T fashion with the skin pulled back. And what was removed was one large organ.

British ufologist Timothy Good interjects:

I think the situation has become more complex as the years have passed, since there seems to be the possibility that we're dealing not just with one species of extraterrestrial, but possibly several, who may have several motives.

Researcher Jerome Clarke adds

Any discussion of the possible motives of extraterrestrials who may be visiting the Earth is purely speculative.

We have no way of knowing. But if UFO reports are taken literally, they certainly do suggest that we are dealing with a technological civilization, in other words, a civilization with an advanced scientific knowledge. You don't get advanced scientific knowledge without a great degree of curiosity. I would expect that an extraterrestrial civilization would visit the Earth for exactly the same reason we visit the remote outposts of our own planet. To learn things.

The implications are almost impossible to comprehend. Sceptics maintain that the very concept of alien contact is absurd. But others suggest that the evidence can no longer be ignored.

Beyond Unsolved Mysteries

The existence of Area 51 was finally acknowledged by the US government on the 18th of April 2000 as a military R&D site. With huge plots of land also acquired to reduce the number of viewing points from public areas. By then, the mythology created around secret tests of ET technology had become well established in ufology.

After selling videotapes, model kits and the film rights to his story, Bob Lazar set up his own business selling various chemicals as his story faded in popularity in the 2000s. That is, until 2017 when he had a small acting part in the sci-fi movie “Jeremy Corbell : His Kitchen, Tats and Beard”.

George Knapp promoted some campfire stories about Skinwalker Ranch in a book. Became a major promoter for TTSA and linked up with ‘Jeremy Kanye Tupac Adele’ to make an incredibly dull film about Skinwalker Ranch,’

To my knowledge, Bob Lazar did not bring up the story about seeing an alien autopsy photo in black and white ever again.

edit on 18/3/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In AA speak…..”You have to Wonder”

Anyway….back to the topic…..

If anyone has a 3D printer….you can 3D print …

Area 51 topography

Hilariously it was modeled by a guy whose first name is Jeremy!

👽
edit on 18-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bob Lazar seemed to retract the story of the Alien autopsy. While speaking with George Knapp, he has said that he caught a glimpse of perhaps an alien, through a window.

All things considered, Bob has been very accurate in his story. Frankly, I think he is more believable than most.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Bob Lazar seemed to retract the story of the Alien autopsy. While speaking with George Knapp, he has said that he caught a glimpse of perhaps an alien, through a window.

So because Bob told George he caught a glimpse of, perhaps, an alien that retracts Bob's story about seeing a B&W photo of an alien autopsy?

All things considered, Bob has been very accurate in his story.

What has he been accurate about? And how did you verify this accuracy?

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
Do you have a list of all UFO related episodes through all seasons?

Have all seasons on my hd but there is so much stuff i am not interested in, like all that crime stuff, so it´s hard for me trying to watch all episodes/seasons without sleeping away after the first half of an episode.

A list would help me to sort the interesting stuff out and create an own folder for it.
Cheers

edit on 18 3 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
What has he been accurate about? And how did you verify this accuracy?
Lots of things can be checked. Lazar's educational claims have been checked and turned out to be false and also impossible to be attending 2 schools at the same time, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. Even George Knapp doesn't believe Lazar's educational claims.
The Bob Lazar Fraud

Of course since Lazar's education claims are false, he never would have been hired to reverse engineer a complicated piece of tech with his much lesser credentials. But if somone wanted to believe they would hire him to do that in spite of his lack of credentials, one could ask the security guards at area 51 if there was ever any record of Lazar entering the secured part of area 51. They did check the records and said Lazar was never there, and so on. Lots more things have been checked, there's a list of them here:

Why do people believe Bob Lazar?
Or if you prefer video format, those are reviewed in this video:

Is Bob Lazar believable? The HARD evidence against him & debunking his UFO stories.

I think what fools some people is that some parts of his story seem to check out, like he did work at Los Alamos and apparently an offsite logistics facility for Area 51 where he could have picked up information about the test schedules he knew about, but, he wasn't a physicist, didn't even know that much physics if you check out his claims with any physicist like Tom Mahood, Stan Freidman or Dr. David L. Morgan, and he wasn't reverse engineering things, he was a technician doing technician things like maintaining radiation meters.

edit on 2023318 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ahhh yes … ye Ol Bob Lazar 115 bending light experiment…..

I still say it’s pee pod beef soup..

👽

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Do you have a list of all UFO related episodes through all seasons?

Not as yet as I still have one or two more threads to complete.

A number of the segments were repeated (some with updates) throughout the show's run.

You can always search the Wikipedia Episode Listings in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Omitted from this conversation so far is the 'reality' that US and other? Govs allowed humans to be abducted for experiments in exchange for advanced technology to be shared with us that otherwise may have taken humanity 100-200 years more to develop themselves.

Once and once only in my experience did a major TV network in a segment of a show posted 5-7 logos of giant companies that were given the right to develop tech by the US Gov (and others?) when they received it from the ETs. Technology they mentioned were bullet proof material, infra red see through wall photography, lasers, semi-conductors+.

Note: this broadcast was 2+ decades ago, one or more of these tech examples may be in error. I did not take notes. This isolated major network broadcast did not mention trading humans I am rather sure.

I heard Dr. Stephen Greer speak twice and he said that at least 35 species have visited earth. His books are comprehensive and he plans a press conference his summer I hear.

If you saw Steven Spielberg interview with Colbert very recently Spielberg commented that we/earth may have only 100 years left, a number that has popped up in other interviews recently by the way.

Also in the FOUR hour special in 2022 of Ancient Aliens Declassified 'Mysteries of our Alien Ancestors' one experiencer said he was shown wall calendars that indicate a hundred years left. This 4 hr segment one of the best I have ever seen covers a lot of ancient history and UFO topics. There are about 112 segments on website, however could not find this one but stored it on cable company DVR.

This segment also posits the idea that to travel to space humans will have to turn into cyborgs or their bodies may turn into jelly. Convincing argument for trans-humanism huggers if your leaning is to escape Turtle Island instead of reviving it.

100 year window-maybe that is why Elon Musk suspended work? on open source factories to make 5 ft. batteries that could hang on a house wall painted same color and store solar energy for sunless days or nights to heat, light houses in favor of taking the midnight train to Georgia I mean to some other planet. This original plan was scoped out in the news a couple times then vanished.

I met some Buddhist monks from Taiwan about 20 years ago who told me that elder I Ching masters have said that about 3/4 of humanity would be wiped out but did not say when.

edit on America/ChicagoamSun, 19 Mar 2023 05:05:26 -050031052605053America/Chicago by EarthShine because: clarity

edit on America/ChicagoamSun, 19 Mar 2023 05:10:00 -050031050005103America/Chicago by EarthShine because: add lines

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I know all about Lazar's spurious claims, but there are still plenty out there vouching for Lazar's credibility based on their "feelings". Huge chunks of his story don't check out.

But the bigger question is what did he and his bearded enablers ever prove about the fantastic elements of his story?

Who are the "two dozen other witnesses who would corroborate this story..... People who have seen the flying disks", that George Knapp claimed thirty years ago?

It's all just a story.....

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I never figured out how the US would come to possess intact spaceships. Crashed saucers, I understand, which would be crashed-up but intact alien vehicles? Where did they get them from? Did they steal them from the aliens, buy them, or were gifted them?

What does Lazar say about that?

His situation shows us any exotic tale, demagogue, cult leader, or just lying fraud with a hoaxed-up story will always gain followers. It doesn't matter the subject--any crazy story or person can garner a following, and we see an example of that in present politics on a big scale.

So just because Lazar has loyal believers doesn't detract from his ridiculous story and his vast lying.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Bob has been thoroughly debunked : alienscientist.com...

He’s also failed to produce any proof of anything of his extraordinary claims.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yet he makes money off the gullible folks who only listen to his story superficially and don’t even dig into it. Just accept this sensational nonsensical story. And the ufo grifters go along with the BS and make money too.

Like I posted, did they ever think how the US got a bunch of intact alien space crafts?
What, they crashed and were repaired?

And why would they hire a low-level technician to do that and not a high-level engineer?

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
siriusdisclosure.com... COMING SOON June10-11 2023 Wash. D.C.
Historic Disclosure Conference & DC Premiere 'The Lost Century’ June 10-11, 2023
Also
National Press Club Event Monday, June 12, 2023
~~
RE Conference: JW MARRIOTT 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Wash. DC 20004

Located between The White House and the Capitol. Make reservation as soon as you can. Contact them directlY 800-393-2503 and reference ‘Historic Disclosure Conference’ to book under discounted rate or make reservations Online.
Also
National Press Club Event Monday, Monday June 12, 2023 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045

'Explosive New Disclosure Witnesses and archives unveiled over an intensive 2-day conference, followed by the Disclosure 2.0 National Press Club Event.'
~~~
Sirius one of his films: www.youtube.com...

In addition Steven Greer, M.D, made 120+ hours of video 2+ decades ago traveling across USA interviewing dozens of current and former government, corporate and academic professionals in the 'know' about ETs. He edited excerpts into a video a few hours long. He initiated the Disclosure Project and CSETI. About his work:

He wrote several books, made several films one would be well advised to read view before dissing Lazar or other whistleblowers. I was very interested in his work primarily because of the new physics energy potentials that were untapped, have met him and read his early books:

Extraterrestrial Contact: The Evidence and Implications Paperback 1.1.99.

Disclosure-Military And Government Witnesses Reveal The Greatest Secrets In History 5.9.2001.
'For the first time, over five dozen top-secret military, government, intelligence and corporate witnesses to secret projects tell their true stories which disclose the greatest covert program in world history.

'A landmark book, years in the making, featuring testimony of military and civilian pilots and air traffic controllers who have tracked ET spacecraft on radar going thousands of miles per hour The truth about new energy and anti-gravity propulsion systems, technologies hidden in ‘black’ projects, that could solve much of our energy crisis...'

I do not see how people could have a cogent conversation about 'Ancient or Current Astronauts without having read these early books and following Greer since then.
~~
Unacknowledged: An Exposé of the World’s Greatest Secret
by Steven M. Greer MD, Steve Alten et al. 4.25.17 1,295 reviews 4.5 star rating

Goodreads.com -The Biggest Lie in History is about to be Shattered. UFOs are real. In late June of 1947, three extraterrestrial craft were downed outside Roswell Air Force Base.

Many more followed, revealing dozens of ET species and a Rosetta Stone to a new physics an energy generation and propulsion system responsible for interstellar space travel.

This new system could have easily replaced oil, gas, coal, nuclear plants and with them, the entire geo-political and economic order on our planet -- only a cabal of bankers, the Military Industrial Complex, and Big Oil stopped it. We've been lied to.

And now, 70 years after Roswell the witnesses to that lie have come forward to testify in a MUST-READ book that will shock the world. Look for the accompanying documentary to be released from The Orchard, a division of Sony.

Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind was the third documentary, following Sirius (2013) and Unacknowledged (2017), centered around Dr. Steven Greer, Greer an MD, partly Native American, a trained transcendental meditation teacher.

a reply to: Nickn3z

edit on America/ChicagopmSun, 19 Mar 2023 19:55:51 -050031075107553America/Chicago by EarthShine because: clarity

edit on America/ChicagopmSun, 19 Mar 2023 20:00:54 -050031085408003America/Chicago by EarthShine because: save bandwidth

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Personally, I’ll pass……

Too much Latinum and Quatloos for a Con (double meaning 😆)

Historic Disclosure Conference and DC Premiere of “The Lost Century” June 10 - 11, 2023

👽

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1
I need more coffee .

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ah, yes, thanks. Forgot that wiki is useful sometimes, by that way i could separate the X-Files Mythology episodes from the crap episodes which only were made to make the series longer for TV, for making money.

top topics

join