It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBDC incoming, FEDNOW to launch in July

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Yes. Turnover is not the same as profit.

Part of the $400billion net sales that Apple made last year will be their percent of the payments they facilitate with the Apple Pay platform.

edit on 13-4-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Observe Poland, refrain from entering the State of Florida

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Trying to get into the actual Apple budget once it aligned with the CCP is like trying to find the missing $2.3T the day before 9/11. I will pass on that mess.
edit on 13-4-2023 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Yeah, okay. It's all in the quarterly reports.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure it is. I ain't putting any money in that one.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Smart people have and they've made good money with their Apple investment. But the stock market isn't for everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: tanstaafl
I'd say it's you who isn't paying attention to the sources. The 6% number is their market share and the $6trillion is the amount processed annually. So, being that you needed it explained - AGAIN - which of the above are you? I'm pretty sure I know which ones.

I see I was correct in which one you were.

Fyi, the title of the freaking article is:

"Seven Years Later, Only 6% of People with iPhones in the US Use Apple Pay In-Store When They Can".

Not one ... single ... mention of market share, or 6 trillion dollars, or any other gibberish you are yakkibg about.

Again, from the fine article:

"Seven years post-launch, new PYMNTS data shows that 93.9% of consumers with Apple Pay activated on their iPhones do not use it in-store to pay for purchases.

That means only 6.1% do.

That finding is based on PYMNTS’ national study of 3,671 U.S. consumers conducted between Aug. 3-10, 2021."

Now go ahead and deny reality again, I'm sure you won't disappoint...

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Not one ... single ... mention of market share...

OH, AHAHAHAHAAHAHAH.

Apple Pay’s market share of online payments is 6.21%.
Transactions made via Apple Pay account for 5% of all card transactions in the world. Why are you always so wrong?

...or 6 trillion dollars, or any other gibberish you are yakkibg about.

OH, AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAH.

TradingPlatforms.com reports that Apple Pay has surpassed Mastercard as the payment system handling the most annual transactions at over $6 trillion. According to the data, Apple Pay could pose a severe challenge to VISA’s market share in the future.You make me LOL

Would you like to be wrong about more things?

edit on 14-4-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Apple Pay’s market share of online payments is 6.21%.
Transactions made via Apple Pay account for 5% of all card transactions in the world. Why are you always so wrong?

Because I'm not.

You appear to be confused.

The articles I linked to that you started challenging are what I was referring to. They were from 2021, 7 years after ApplePay was released, and said precisely what I said they said.

Now here you come linking to a 2023 article, talking about overall market share?

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

OH, AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAH.

"TradingPlatforms.com reports that Apple Pay has surpassed Mastercard as the payment system handling the most annual transactions at over $6 trillion. According to the data, Apple Pay could pose a severe challenge to VISA’s market share in the future.You make me LOL"

Would you like to be wrong about more things?

I haven't been wrong about anything in this little waste of time.

I linked to two articles, and mentioned that ApplePay was used by only 6.1% of iPhone users in in-store purchases a whopping 7 years after it was released.

You started making false claims that the articles in question were talking about market share. Now you are trying to save face by drawing on 2023 statistics, so, almost 10 years after it was released.

It is soooooo funny when discussing things with a loser who doesn't even know they are a loser.

Would you like to gaslight us some more?
edit on 14-4-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Smart people have and they've made good money with their Apple investment. But the stock market isn't for everyone.

Guess I’m smart..Apple and Microsoft have both done me solid $$$$$

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Pretty sad that you are trying to use numbers from 2 years ago when there is more current data. You know what you should do since you like outdated information? Use this: On Day -1 before Apple Pay was launched it had zero users and no market share.

Today, it has the numbers I said, and you'll have to suck it up and deal with it while using your niche Lightning platform and Scamcoin.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Guess I’m smart..Apple and Microsoft have both done me solid $$$$$

You should sell them and buy Bitcoin, I hear from some clown it's going up forever.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Pretty sad that you are trying to use numbers from 2 years ago when there is more current data.

What is sad is that you just replied to yourself instead of to me, probably in hopes that I wouldn't see this remarkably lame attempt at moving the goalposts one last time.

I was intentionally to those articles to show just how slow the uptake was a full 7 years after the rollout.

You know what you should do since you like outdated information? Use this: On Day -1 before Apple Pay was launched it had zero users and no market share.

What is sad is someone who is simply incapable of admitting they were wrong.

Today, it has the numbers I said, and you'll have to suck it up and deal with it while using your niche Lightning platform and Scamcoin.

Rotflmao!

See above...

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I was intentionally to those articles to show just how slow the uptake was a full 7 years after the rollout.

LOL. AHAHAHAHAHA.

They went from 67million users in the first full year to twice that the second and now have over half a billion. That isn't 'slow uptake', that's rapid growth. The transaction dollars follow the same growth, obviously, to today's $6trillion. Slow uptake is Lightning where you need a map to find out who accepts the platform.

edit on 15-4-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

They went from 67million users in the first full year to twice that the second and now have over half a billion. That isn't 'slow uptake', that's rapid growth. The transaction dollars follow the same growth, obviously, to today's $6trillion. Slow uptake is Lightning where you need a map to find out who accepts the platform.

And my daughter said, "Look at the funny man daddy!"...

Thanks Auggie, endeavor to persevere, it is super funny to watch.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The funny man is right. Again. But then, it's just basic math which obviously challenges others.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The funny man is right. Again.

No, just funny...

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

6trillion times funny. But not nearly as funny as Lightning's uselessness.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I'm an android guy but as far as I am aware apple pay works the same as the Google version and links to a bank account.

Not the same as converting crypto to local currency.

What matters is what matters.

Can someone use bitcoin to buy Starbucks? The answer is yes, and it is very easy.

If you want to complain about the fact that the bitcoin has to be converted first because Starbucks doesn't yet take bitcoin payment directly, that is fine, and true, but irrelevant to whether or not you can a) walk into Starbucks, b) buy some of their disgusting waaaaay overpriced sludge they call coffee, and c) walk out, having spent some sats.

What I'm getting from all this talk about "digital money," is that, if I first buy a $1000 mobile telephone, and then pay $130 a month for the privilege of using it, then I would be able to buy things without using real cash.

Why don't I just cut out all that extra cost to be able to do things that I already do, and simply use cash to begin with? What am I missing? For the life of me, I can't figure out what I might be missing in this whole thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

You can, but if you work hard and save up a bunch of cash, you might become discouraged by the value of it slowly decreasing due to inflation.

In such a case, a person might look for an alternative store of value like physical gold and silver. Anyone who owns a PC or a number of other electronic devices, can choose to download crypto currency wallets, purchase, and store their own crypto.

There's also the fact that cash is created out of thin air by private central bankers, not governments, which makes crypto currencies like Bitcoin appealing to people who are looking for a more honest and fair system.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join