It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBDC incoming, FEDNOW to launch in July

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Here are the optics that should be expressed;

We couldn't be more excited about the forthcoming FedNow launch, which will enable every participating financial institution, the smallest to the largest and from all corners of the country, to offer a modern instant payment solution

Many early adopters have declared their intent to begin using the service in July, including a diverse mix of financial institutions of all sizes, the largest processors, and the U.S. Treasury

CBDC incoming, FEDNOW to launch in July

I'm not sure what to do knowing this is now coming full speed. I'm not sure any asset will be worth anything moving forward. If you can't trade it for the CBDC currency it will be worthless.

What say you?

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
What say you?

I say that a lot of window tellers are going to be put in harm's way if traditional cash ever gets phased out. So, bank presidents, be careful of what you accept.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

So you're going to go all in on bitcoin? If CBDC is in play, how are you going to transfer that to the currency?

To the masses at large, how are you going to transfer your dollars to CBDC? What about gold and silver? How are you going to do it?

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

To the masses at large, how are you going to transfer your dollars to CBDC? What about gold and silver? How are you going to do it?

I would say that there won't be any transfers. Your cash will not be accepted any longer. You will have to have the mark of the.... er, a CBDC account or else.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I saw him say that too. The one thing I don't understand is we are already on a digital currency. Most of the currency does not exist, people pay with credit/debit cards. When you make a credit card payment you aren't walking cash down to the bank. If you go to the bank they hassle you for taking out large amounts of cash because they don't have it. Why would they? Everything has been digital for years now.

The one aspect they don't have control of is the use of the money, and I think he's right there, but that's just some programming. If you have 87,000 people working on it, you can get it done quickly.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Soo as usual the government is letting the private sector dictated how the money to make can be used, soo great to know who trully runs our nation.

Soon it will be the Mexico/US/Canadian union we their own special currency like the EU union.

Peachy future you slaves.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Well thats the rub. Since BTC is its own currency there will be no conversion required.

"But you cant pay for things in Bitcoin!"

Give it time for normies to catch on.

Obviously no country that wants to completely rule over their citizens lives would allow it. Or countries where bankers run the government. (USA/China etc.).

But with government not run by complete psychopaths BTC should be embraced. I could see a big exodus to these countries....and then all the psycho countries declaring war on them lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

I love BTC and other crypto.

BTC will never be fast enough to use as a payment system.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Do you think the CBDC will be dollar for dollar for CBDC? I don't, I think the system will debase the currency. This is going to be very confusing, if one dozen eggs is $3 but in the new system its $1 CBDC, people will be fooled in the fact the prices came down but in reality inflation is still high.

Then the CPI numbers will come out that we have beaten inflation. It will work because most people are stupid. Not you guys, the masses.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So you're going all in on Bitcoin?

Knowing this is coming, I'm in analysis paralysis. I don't know what to do.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No wonder the government has been dumbing down the people for decades, to the point that only idiots will embrace the new way to scam the working class and the tax payers.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

BTC will never be fast enough to use as a payment system.

Not to mention it can’t make sense for micro transactions.

The argument for bitcoin is store of value.

I’m hopeful for crypto. I’m willing to risk part of my overall port on it because I believe in it.

That said each coin is flawed. Some can print just like the fed, many aren’t decentralized, some have high fees, some lack transparency, and some don’t give anonymity.

It’s going to be hard for someone to get it right inside or outside of institutions. Trying to find altruism inside finance is incredibly difficult. Too easy for greed or power to corrupt people. Elected or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So you're going all in on Bitcoin?

Knowing this is coming, I'm in analysis paralysis. I don't know what to do.

Im all in on crypto and property.

Moreso because of circumstance than choice.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Heard something about an asteroid coming our way......maybe we can direct it somehow to land in D.C.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

True story.

However that makes for a good case for further decentralization.

Our ATS coin works cross chain with say reddit or twitter coin.

No one coin to rule them all.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's looks like FedNow is just an instant payment system and not an actual CBDC, so no need to worry about any kind of social credit score any time soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Heard something about an asteroid coming our way......maybe we can direct it somehow to land in D.C.

If there was an asteroid coming our way the markets would go to zero instantly.

I mean unless the markets were run by machines that had no conceivable notion of time or life, like the AI chatbots.

Oh wait.........

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yea, the only way some of it works right now is informed individuals using a mix of coins for their individual utility purpose.

Store of value and scarcity on some, staking for rewards and protection from dumpling on others, some protect against inflation by deflating…. Ect.

But I suppose that is the point, if it’s unregulated we as the participants have to be aware of what we’re interacting with.

It’s far from perfect and likely may always be.

But as we see with the more “conventional” financial institutions we have to be vigilant too. Maybe not to the same degree. But there are ETFs with horrendous fees, banks that fail, inflation that outpaces purchasing power, ect.

That’s why it’s important people have personal accountability. We’re our own advocates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join