It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive fight among 200 students and parents at Louisiana high school ends in 10 arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wild ass fight breaks out in an "Alternative School" resulting in 10 arrests all kids.

Nobody knows what happened. Cops even injured. Gun found!!!!! 🚧

Any guesses ? General anger (economy) (peer rejection)? Social degradation? mass hysteria (drugs, medications)? Insane bitter jealousies?

What's an "Alternative School" anyway?

😃
Massive fight among 200 students, parents at Louisiana high school ends in 10 arrests

An explosive fight at a Louisiana high school among nearly 200 students and parents ended with several cops injured and at least 10 arrests.

Swarms of police officers responded early March 8 to a “major campus disturbance” at East Baton Rouge Readiness Alternative School, finding a loaded gun abandoned on the ground, WBRZ reported.

Officials say one fight broke out and escalated, spilling out into the school’s courtyard and gym. By the time police arrived, there were about 200 people involved in brawls across the campus.

Videos of the chaos taken inside the school’s gym show chairs getting tossed and students being detained by law enforcement.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's where drop-outs can go to study for a GED.

Kids brawling....makes me remember all the violent riots with looting and burning around the country since 2016.

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree' and 'children learn what they live' comes to mind.

I'm sure glad I don't live close to any big cities, but I know this type of mentality will eventually reach the small towns, too.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Meh, it's East Baton Rouge an that's a finishing school in the "schools to prison" pipeline. Angola State (Prison) is their likely next stop; no SAT required.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   

One witness told WBRZ the brawl erupted when a girl who wasn’t a student at the school and her mom showed up to fight another girl — and that it escalated from there.

Good. Arrest the mom and daughter for criminal trespass and inciting a riot .
edit on 3/12/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm a native of East Baton Rouge parish (not currently resident). As a matter of fact, this place is in my old neighborhood, just around the corner from where my Mawmaw and Pawpaw lived and where I went to junior high, not far from where I graduated high school.

Can I say that I'm not in the least surprised? When I was a kid, the whole area was middle class working families. It was a great place to grow up. We'd pass whole summer days wandering the streets with no adult supervision and nobody ever worried about us.

Now, the whole damned parish (county to you Yankees) is a war zone. I can't even drive through my old neighborhood. If I had to, it'd be fast, no stops, windows up and doors locked. And forget nostalgic runs; breaks my heart to see it.

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what brought the area down. (I'll just say that it wasn't white supremacy.)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

No it's not.

originally posted by: incoserv
I'll leave it to your imagination as to what
the area down. (I'll just say that it wasn't white supremacy.)

Just say it.
edit on 13-3-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Well, up here in MI, it is also the school where kids who's parents won't put them on ADD or any other type of drugs, get sent to.

All the "problem" kids get sent there.

Even if you miss too many days of school, WITH a doctors excuse. (and are a straight A student)

Not sure about southern schools though.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, up here in MI, it is also the school where kids who's parents won't put them on ADD or any other type of drugs, get sent to.

All the "problem" kids get sent there.

Even if you miss too many days of school, WITH a doctors excuse. (and are a straight A student)

Not sure about southern schools though.

We have a foster kid who we took in at age 16. Long time friend of all 3 of our daughters, with two drug addict parents one of which was abusive. She barely made it through her junior year, and was on track to either fail or drop out early in her senior year.

We got her transferred to the alternative school, and she's about to graduate in 3 days, 2 months early, with straight A's.

They do all of the same assignments as the main high school, they just have small classes with a lot more 1 on 1 interaction with the teachers, and more counseling resources.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with alternative schools, the kids who attend them, or the parents of the kids in general. Some kids just need a little extra help.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

While there are some actual bad kids that get sent there, the majority are not.

The one I wrote about, who was sent there for missing school, with a doctor's note, is set to graduate from UOM, with a nursing degree and a 4.0 GPA.

And my own wild son was sent there. Thankfully, he finally grew up. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Ah so it's Fort "F-Troop" 😁

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just say it.

No point in that. Anybody with a brain knows. Anybody who doesn't is already infected when the politically correct brain virus and would just have a virtue signaling seizure.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Kids brawling....makes me remember all the violent riots with looting and burning around the country since 2016.

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree' and 'children learn what they live' comes to mind.

I'm sure glad I don't live close to any big cities, but I know this type of mentality will eventually reach the small towns, too.

You get an actual high-school diploma when you graduate alternative school.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What else can be expected with lack of laws, supervision, no bail laws, the 'victim mentality', etc.
Looks like NJ - I have to say that I am always uneasy when I have to shop at our local Walmart. Twice when I was shopping there, I heard screaming battles coming from the register area. I threw down my items and ran out the nearest door both times.
People just don't behave anymore, because they don't have to.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Thank you for the correction! My personal knowledge of alternative schools is pretty outdated....it's from 30+ years ago.

edit on 100000022America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what brought the area down. (I'll just say that it wasn't white supremacy.)

Yeah, I could tell the one common denominator here.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

No it's not.

Just say it.

You didn't even bother reading the article , did ya ?

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Thank you for the correction! My personal knowledge of alternative schools is pretty outdated....it's from 30+ years ago.

You're welcome.

I graduated from one 17 years ago

It is basically the last chance for drop outs just like you said.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You didn't even bother reading the article , did ya ?

I did. What are you implying that I missed?

top topics

join