It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be on to something

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello, and good day to all of you here on ATS.

I wonder if I'm imagining being here on this site, because according to google this site doesn't exist.
I'll explain:
I've tried googling "conspiracy sites" "alien sites" "alien conspiracy" "ufo sites" "ufo conspiracy sites" "UAP conspiracy websites" "websites I can go to to discuss conspiracy" "top secret" (I wouldn't recommend that one), as well as any other way I could word my search in a way that this site gets recommended. No matter which way I've tried, on my phone, using chrome or Google, ATS does not come up at all.
As if it doesn't exist...

What did come up was a bunch of sites that "debunk conspiracies." 🤔

That's pretty obvious in my eyes. They definitely don't want others finding this site; which is a clear sign you might be on to something.

Just wanted to give props. Happy Sunday.
edit on 12-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Who owns this site?

What are their motivations?

Why does this place still exist?

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Who owns this site?

Nobody knows.

Nobody knows.

Nobody knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just Google "Above Top Secret"and ATS comes up just fine.

originally posted by: AOx6179

I wonder if I'm imagining being here on this site, because according to google this site doesn't exist.
I'll explain:
I've tried googling "conspiracy sites" "alien sites" "alien conspiracy" "ufo sites" "ufo conspiracy sites" "UAP conspiracy websites" "websites I can go to to discuss conspiracy" "top secret" (I wouldn't recommend that one), as well as any other way I could word my search in a way that this site gets recommended. No matter which way I've tried, on my phone, using chrome or Google, ATS does not come up at all.

That's pretty obvious in my eyes. They definitely don't want others finding this site; which is a clear sign you might be on to something.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigilantAlways
Just Google "Above Top Secret"and ATS comes up just fine.

originally posted by: AOx6179

I'll explain:

The experiment was to see if google or chrome would recommend the site. No matter how I searched it, as someone who may of never heard about this site, this site never came up.

And thanks, yeah 😅, that's how I get here every time.

edit on 12-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: Making sure it sounded polite

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Whenever I accidentally close my ATS tab, I just google Above Top Secret and it comes up no problem.

I have been doing so for 10+ years. Never had an issue.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just the fact that they show you Anti-CTâ„¢ sites " shows that it's been programmed in.
They know what you want : but they try to convince you of something else.

Remember when we used to say : Googleâ„¢ is your friend ?

LoL ! : those days are long gone.

These days : am leap-frogging 3 or four links, to finally get to the good stuff.

Hint : find a site with forums where folks can post links : follow said links to alternative sites, that may have another forum with links, or a linky page.

Save those sites in a different list than regular sites.

Here's another trick, that always tickles me : use the Watch-Dogsâ„¢, and Fact-Checkersâ„¢, to see what they are focusing-on ... LoL !! There will be plenty of junk, and it needs to be sifted. Don't believe just anything.

EX : Media-Bias/Fact-Checkâ„¢ - Conspiracyâ„¢ - Pseudoscienceâ„¢ page.

Some of my favorite sources are on that page !! LoL !! Thanks guys ! LoL !!

Someone could make a thread with info like that, and tips to search the web in 2023.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Title and Meta descriptions have these keywords . . .

Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Paranormal, Politics, and other "alternative topics"

If you search that entire line in google (as well as the ones I listed below) it comes up first, otherwise you need the words up to Politics to get ATS on page one. Less and you have to go through pages of results.

ETA: I just ran a search on my own website that has content that is entirely unrelated to politics and is uncontroversial. I used nine words from the meta title as I did with ATS and tried it on Google and six other search engines and here are the results for my website.

AOL, Bing, Yahoo and even Yandex wouldn't bring up my website in 110 search results (11 pages) while Google had it a few down in the more results page, Qwant had it on page three and Duck Duck Go had it on page one.

It seems that the meta title is pretty important to the search engines, but they don't all work like that obviously.
edit on 12-3-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I went and tested the Yandex browser
ATS comes up under conspiracy website
14 down on the list .. at least Yandex it does show up
I have compared Yandex duck duck go and google of the 3 I get better search results on Yandex on anything I search

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Just the fact that they show you Anti-CTâ„¢ sites " shows that it's been programmed in.
They know what you want : but they try to convince you of something else.

Remember when we used to say : Googleâ„¢ is your friend ?

LoL ! : those days are long gone.

These days : am leap-frogging 3 or four links, to finally get to the good stuff.

Hint : find a site with forums where folks can post links : follow said links to alternative sites, that may have another forum with links, or a linky page.

Save those sites in a different list than regular sites.

Here's another trick, that always tickles me : use the Watch-Dogsâ„¢, and Fact-Checkersâ„¢, to see what they are focusing-on ... LoL !! There will be plenty of junk, and it needs to be sifted. Don't believe just anything.

EX : Media-Bias/Fact-Checkâ„¢ - Conspiracyâ„¢ - Pseudoscienceâ„¢ page.

Some of my favorite sources are on that page !! LoL !! Thanks guys ! LoL !!

Someone could make a thread with info like that, and tips to search the web in 2023.

That's a lot of help for what I was actually trying to accomplish when I stumbled upon my OP thought. I've been a hesitant to click on other sites people link on here for fear of virus and all that. So I've never really tooled around on any of the links provided. I'll check it out. Bitchute was one I wanted to check out.

A reply To MichiganSwampBuck:

otherwise you need the words up to Politics to get ATS

Yeah, Politics wasn't in any of my search words. I had started by looking for other conspiracy sites that leaned to the alien side more, being that this site is more political than anything, and I got about ten suggestions, and they were all debunk sites. On my cheap little phone I use it only gave ten to twelve suggestions and that was it. Not pages of it. Which I thought was weird. Especially when every single suggestion was a debunk site. Or youtube.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

White hat alphabet agency plants. Or so the story goes.

To be fair ATS was once a haven for intelligent discussion among open minded. Then the trolls infiltrated and diluted the purpose.

edit on 12/3/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Who owns this site?

We are the test rats.....

Maybe?

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

While we as a community would make for an interesting cross section, I'm not sure what value that has applied to anything.

But then again, I'm a moron.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I cannot find sites that 10 years ago were easily found on google. Instead sites that push the government and media narrative turn up instead. Strange that!
edit on 12-3-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You’re far from it my friend. Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, I assume most of us are from pre-social media, are older than 30, and are a cross section of the public which is more "aware" than the general population.

I am sure there is some kind of intel there.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Have any of you noticed that on bing and google searches recently 'wikipedia' is being pushed as the top site?
Just a few months ago, that was not the case.
Perhaps wikipedia is paying them, who knows, but it does seem that 'They' are selecting what we are allowed to see.
I found Above Top Secret a few years back, searching for the 'Ilkley Moor Alien Photo', which you have a few excellent threads on, and I just searched for that on 'bing' now and Above Top Secret came in seventh, behind of course wikipedia, reddit, and a few others.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To everyone:
I just googled "political conspiracies alien conspiracies ufo conspiracies different forums and discussion" and I got 12 results again. And it keeps recommending te same sites over and over no matter how I word it; as long as I use the word "conspiracy." The first one was wikipedia, then the washington post, and then a bunch of debunk sites, but that's it. I had cleared my search history and made sure everything was closed before I tried. When looking at what they provide there is a clear direction that the topic of "conspiracy" in a negative light.
Number 4 was an anti-Q article btw.

Nothing weird there at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Try duck duck.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Try duck duck.

Duck duck go came up first. I typed "duck duck."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join